Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boom or Bust? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#15 : May 04, 2007, 10:32:42 AM

I was once in the Pt room at U of Miami with a football player who I knew was a Senior because he asked me to help him fill out the form and he wrote a 4 instead of Senior and I saw he wrote in Flowada for State and I am not kidding and his writing was so bad it looked like a child wrote it. I also know for a fact that some players had people take tests for them, and at least in the late 90's it paid well to play for Miami, all you got for playing Tennis was heat stroke and a farmers tan.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 04, 2007, 10:44:05 AM

didn't he have a 7 wonderlick score?  How could he make it thru 4 years of college? Simply amazing.

He didn't go to college he went to Clemson.

I don't think there are any character issues. That sounds like someone who doesn't know anything just trying to fill some space. 

Buddy needs to consider the NFL programs the players are going to. Seems to me the idea that he's coming to the Bucs as a DE should be a plus not a negative like the writer makes it out to be.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 04, 2007, 10:46:38 AM

He's not considered a smart man but no one has any doubts about his ability to bring knowledge of the game to the field. She's not going to win any mensa awards but he's smart enough to do his job on the field AND DL aren't the smartest guys anyways.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 04, 2007, 10:52:33 AM

I actually read that teams don't want defensive linemen that are considered too smart.  They want them reacting and not thinking.  They want them nasty and aggressive.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 04, 2007, 11:02:05 AM

The wunderlic is not a fair assessment of performance in College academics.

Maybe he doesn't have "pure" smarts, but I am sure that Gaines studied very hard, and excelled in his classwork. ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 04, 2007, 11:09:45 AM

Yeah, I'm wondering what "Character issues" he's talking about...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 04, 2007, 11:12:00 AM

Admitting to smoking weed while not being dumb enough to get caught.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 04, 2007, 11:16:56 AM

Admitting to smoking weed while not being dumb enough to get caught.

Quick poll:

Admitting to have smoked Weed even though you never tested positive is a "Character Flaw."

True or false?

Gotta be true. Honest is most certainly a character flaw in the NFL. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 04, 2007, 11:18:17 AM

The last D line guy we drafted with mary jane issues turned out OK.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 04, 2007, 11:43:01 AM

didn't he have a 7 wonderlick score? How could he make it thru 4 years of college? Simply amazing.

I don't believe he scored a 6, here's a link that contains the list of 10 best and 10 wost wonderlic scores...he's not on either:
http://goldenblogs.blogsome.com/2007/04/05/a-wonderlic-time-in-the-neighborhood-2/

Don't know what Adams score was but remember Vince Young? His score was reportedly a 6 ("re-tested" and got a 16), Ryan Leaf scored a 27 - which you rather have?

Here's a link for QB scores http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic.htm

It's administered at the combine in 12 minutes...there are a lot of studies about the environment it's administered in as well. It is a good guideline when used to develop questions for the team interviews to dig a little deeper into areas of concern...apparently the interviews went fine.

PS - he's not a bust - can anyone predict a boom or a bust? Those can only be made with some data. This story is pure emotional drivel.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 04, 2007, 12:11:26 PM

not going to win any mensa awards

Maybe we can bring in that mensa midget who was the chauffeur in Me, Myself and Irene?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 04, 2007, 12:12:15 PM

Culpepper was smart...

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 04, 2007, 12:19:51 PM

how can you say that Boid - he's a lawyer for the love of mike....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#28 : May 04, 2007, 12:42:01 PM

I'm guessing that nobody wants to write that a player is going to be a bust. So anyone who makes a list such as this starts by identifying the 16 guys he thinks are most likely to not bust. That leaves the 16 other guys that the writer then has to come up with some knock on. Look at Thomas. He's not saying bust as in "BUST" can't play bust. Just that he won't live up to #3 overall expectations kind of bust.

I can't quite make out what kind of bust he thinks Adams will be. Neither can he. He wants to assign some of the bust factor to the team that he will be playing for.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 04, 2007, 12:43:06 PM

how can you say that Boid - he's a lawyer for the love of mike....
My bad.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boom or Bust? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools