Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boom or Bust? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

benir0

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 04, 2007, 02:18:07 PM

Quick poll:

Admitting to have smoked Weed even though you never tested positive is a "Character Flaw."

True or false?

Gotta be true. Honest is most certainly a character flaw in the NFL. 

Right...or: tell me who's lying:

Athlete A, saying "I've been going to University X for 3 years, and am about to come out for the draft.  I've NEVER tried marijuana."

Athlete B, saying "I've been going to University X for 3 years, and am about to come out for the draft.  I have tried marijuana, but it's not something I do, or have ever done habitually."

A sounds like a damn liar to me.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 04, 2007, 02:49:06 PM

Quick poll:

Admitting to have smoked Weed even though you never tested positive is a "Character Flaw."

True or false?

Gotta be true. Honest is most certainly a character flaw in the NFL. 

Right...or: tell me who's lying:

Athlete A, saying "I've been going to University X for 3 years, and am about to come out for the draft.  I've NEVER tried marijuana."

Athlete B, saying "I've been going to University X for 3 years, and am about to come out for the draft.  I have tried marijuana, but it's not something I do, or have ever done habitually."

A sounds like a damn liar to me.

Exactly. I don't want to go too far in the other directions but basically if three guys admitted it (and I don't think that's the real story just that those three guys got outed for admitting it) if only three guys admitted it then the total number asked -3 lied about it. 

So a little hyperbole there, but everyone gets the point.

Lying about smoking pot much worse the smoking the pot in the first place.  Maybe I'm nutz but that's how I see it.

If I got rid of everyone that smoke pot in this building I'd have to close my doors. It's got to be well over 50 percent.  I heard another business in the same industry as mine got all on their high horse (no pun intended but it was a good one) and made a policy. Tested their employees and when they found out they'd have to fire over 60%... currently there's no end to that story that's were it sits as I know it.  They've put themselves and a totally f'd legal situation and I don't see how they're going to get out without taking massive damage to their weak point.

sry about the vidiot joke there at the end.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#32 : May 04, 2007, 03:09:13 PM

I stopped reading after reading his review of Thomas. I've watched Wisky a number of times
and nobody got by him. As far as no 'dominating' performance..Wisky runs a zone block scheme
and you rarely see their linemen blow people off the line.

Buc31

Starter

#33 : May 04, 2007, 03:24:48 PM

I'm trying to decide whether that article was poop or crap!

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 04, 2007, 04:30:29 PM

I think it was Shiite.

Sunni-side up

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 04, 2007, 04:36:00 PM

sample wonderlic test:  http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

I got a perfect 50 and I don't consider myself to be especially intelligent.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 04, 2007, 04:58:49 PM

Thomas a RT? Hum

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 05, 2007, 12:24:48 AM

sample wonderlic test: http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

I got a perfect 50 and I don't consider myself to be especially intelligent.
http://wonderlic.com i don't know where their test is on that site because its getting late... but we should have everyone on this board take it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 05, 2007, 12:37:06 AM

They say he has character problems?

How so?  How does Gaines have a character flaw?  I have never heard anything about that?  That makes that projection stupid right there.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 05, 2007, 01:40:37 AM

I personally think this was pre-draft conversations attempting to de-value Gaines Adams. The character issue was him allegedly taking plays off and admitting to trying marijauna.

I have found absolutely nothing else concerning charcter issues with Gaines Adams. Anyone that has his mother & father in the green room - doesn't have glaring character flaws...

BOOM

Incomparable sig by Incognito

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 05, 2007, 08:21:17 AM

I just now watched the first round of the draft.  I downloaded it from the internet.   Gaines was the only guy drafted in the entire round who didn't smile.   I found that strange.

But he's smiling in this picture.   Maybe it was just nerves at the draft.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 05, 2007, 09:49:58 AM

I think the smiling thing was due to him thinking we just took him to dangle him in trade talks with Detroit.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : May 05, 2007, 10:04:01 AM

He explained his reaction - he was overwhelmed by the moment and was trying not to cry with what was a crowning/validating moment in his life.  I like the explanation.  Here's to hoping he has a long and successful career. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#43 : May 05, 2007, 11:19:01 AM

I don't get the crying thing most don't cry and the year that Benson got drafted and started balling was the moment I was thanking God we didn't take him, save the crying for when you win/loose a SB and put everything you had into it then maybe shed a few. If you cry when you get drafted I think you are in it for the money because that is all you are getting at that point as a top 10 pick is a nice signing bonus and a few years to proove yourself.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 05, 2007, 11:22:00 AM

Huh, you are crying because you have ascended to the top of your profession. Playing in the NFL is the pinnacle. Most of these guys have been pretending to win the super bowl in their backyards for years and years. And....yes, you are about to get rich and be able to care care of your family as well. I have no issue with seeing how that could be an emotional event.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boom or Bust? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools