Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kenny Scott and Olajubutu remind me of 2 players who have had great careers in.. « previous next »
Page: 1

Grudens_Flame

Second String

: May 04, 2007, 03:48:33 AM

the NFL. Kenny Scott (who was slated to go as high as the 3rd round) is really compareable to Al Harris when he came out and was actually drafted by the Bucs. He's a little light in the loafers, but has solid (not great) coverage, tackling, and zone skills...but makes plays and can flat out fly (4.39 40 time). Sammy Boy has Sam Mills written all over him...Looks and build are like mirror images...all heart and hustle...unmatched dedication and hunger...great college production...both spent their entire lives proving folk wrong.

I hope we keep our Al Harrisesque speedy, rangy CB on the PC or team and I'm darn sure pulling for LB Sam 2.0 to make it! When I'm pumped about undrafted free agents you know this FO is doing something right...and yes I've had a few glasses of the kool-aid today, but here is to dreaming!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

orlandobuc

Starter

#1 : May 04, 2007, 08:54:47 AM

Dont we get excited about these guys every year? I wish we could find a diamond in the rough but if they were common they wouldnt be diamonds in the rough. Why is it the undrafted guys look all world?

original

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 04, 2007, 09:14:06 AM

Orlando, scouts have said that if Sam had been a little taller, he would have been a 1st - 2nd round pick.  He was the unquestioned leader of a Razorback defensive squad who had 3 top round picks this year( Anderson, Jackson and Houston) and he could have easily been right there with them.    He should be fantastic on special teams and projects as possibly sliding back to safety where height wouldn't be such a issue.    With his leadership qualities, he could be the Gem that everyone hopes for. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 04, 2007, 09:24:27 AM

Dont we get excited about these guys every year? I wish we could find a diamond in the rough but if they were common they wouldnt be diamonds in the rough. Why is it the undrafted guys look all world?

Yes, all of our UDFA's are studs just like people will make depth charts that include all our second day picks.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 04, 2007, 09:27:23 AM

hopefully there's another Larry Brakens in this crop.

goto11

Starter
#5 : May 04, 2007, 10:33:59 AM

Everybody wants to root for an underdog to make good.  It's not uncommon.  You know these guys are going to work their guts out just to make the practice squad, and everyone admires hard workers.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 04, 2007, 03:01:13 PM

hopefully there's another Larry Brakens in this crop.

Larry was so good that the coaches felt it was better for humanity if we cut him.  Letting Larry onto the field would have been the equivalent of the world realizing we really do live in the Matrix and Larry is Neo.  Hopefully these UFAs are good, but not too good to let them play.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#7 : May 04, 2007, 04:04:24 PM

I am really rooting for these 2 over the rest simply bc I can see them being good players down the road, niether of them weren't drafted bc they couldn't produce at the college level but bc they had somthing wrong outside of football.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 04, 2007, 04:13:51 PM

Yes, all of our UDFA's are studs just like people will make depth charts that include all our second day picks.

LOL  ;D

It is the same every year, two or three months on unbearable draft coverage followed by three months of speculation about guys that never make the team.   ::)

“IF he was two or three inches taller he would have been a first day pick”…..well guess what?  He is a freaking munchkin and unless we break his legs at the ankles and transplant “two or three inches” onto him, he is going to die a munchkin.

We all like an underdog but the constant optimism is beyond realism, and it gets tiresome.   

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 04, 2007, 04:22:38 PM

LOL ;D

It is the same every year, two or three months on unbearable draft coverage followed by three months of speculation about guys that never make the team. ::)

“IF he was two or three inches taller he would have been a first day pick”…..well guess what? He is a freaking munchkin and unless we break his legs at the ankles and transplant “two or three inches” onto him, he is going to die a munchkin.

We all like an underdog but the constant optimism is beyond realism, and it gets tiresome.

Chas Gessner's really gonna do it this year!  You wait and see!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 04, 2007, 04:28:01 PM

Chas Gessner's really gonna do it this year!  You wait and see!!!

Not a chance, Larry Brackins will beat him out.   ;)

BTW - WR core = very thin and talent deficient.   LB core = bursting at the seams and fairly talented.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kenny Scott and Olajubutu remind me of 2 players who have had great careers in.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools