Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man wouldn't mind trading for this guy. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 04, 2007, 01:39:47 PM

Tell me again why Simeon Rice gets a pass because of what he did 5-10 years ago?

man, you're hatred for one of the best pass rushers in the past 20 years is outlandish. Last year Rice was injured in the Ravens game and wasn't the same for the next few games before going out for the season. If you remember fellow buc fan, and I use that term very losely, Rice recorded 13 sacks in 2005 and basically won the Redskin game by himself. He also had 4+ FF and an int.

funny how you forget the 05' season but when you hate a player so much with so little ammo to back up that hate it's easy to pass off such a season.

#16 : May 04, 2007, 01:43:22 PM

Yeah lets trade for a guy who won't sign a 6.7 mil deal.  ::) Just what we need another headcaes who thinks he's much better than he really is. NO THANKS! Give me guys who wanna play the game, not overhyped cry babies.
NEXT! [banghead]

I believe it's the same as Briggs' deal, meaning not so much how much he's going to make next year but that he wants a long term contract with guaranteed money.

I was hoping the Bucs would sign him in the off-season. Detroit moved him over from DE to DT after Rogers (I think it was him) was injured and he had 8 sacks last season. I really like this guy on the inside.

fanofdabucs

Second String

#17 : May 04, 2007, 01:57:57 PM

Good point bud, I guess we should ask Bruce Smith to come out of retirement since he is #2 on the all time sack list. Why not ask John Randle to come back too while we are at it.

Tell me again why Simeon Rice gets a pass because of what he did 5-10 years ago?

LMAO. Listen "bud", Rice has had double digit sacks for a decade and in 05 was the best player on the team. He dominate games and almost won the playoff game against the Redskins by himself.

Redding has had ONE good year and Rice has had ONE bad year (hurt) and everyone wants to trade Rice for a guy who has had one good season at UT. Don't you think there's a reason the Lions don't want to give him a long-term deal? Marinelli wants to see the guy do it again and prove he wasn't a one year wonder before giving him a long term lucrative deal based on one year of success.

fanofdabucs

Second String

#18 : May 04, 2007, 02:05:04 PM

Yeah lets trade for a guy who won't sign a 6.7 mil deal. ::) Just what we need another headcaes who thinks he's much better than he really is. NO THANKS! Give me guys who wanna play the game, not overhyped cry babies.
NEXT! [banghead]

I believe it's the same as Briggs' deal, meaning not so much how much he's going to make next year but that he wants a long term contract with guaranteed money.

I was hoping the Bucs would sign him in the off-season. Detroit moved him over from DE to DT after Rogers (I think it was him) was injured and he had 8 sacks last season. I really like this guy on the inside.

The difference is that Briggs has done it for 4 years and proven to be one of the best in the NFL at his position. Redding had one good year and wants to be paid like the best DT in the game. Why would the Bucs want to trade for someone like that?

I understand the importance of a good UT on this defense, but I don't want some headcase crybaby who can't play for 7 mil dollars for a year and prove that he deserves a big contract.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 04, 2007, 02:36:37 PM

chidi ahanotu had 1 good year and frachise tag status too. moving for redding would be in direct contrast to the low riskproven producer formula the bucs have used to acquire veteran talent this offseason.

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 04, 2007, 03:27:29 PM

Yeah lets trade for a guy who won't sign a 6.7 mil deal. ::) Just what we need another headcaes who thinks he's much better than he really is. NO THANKS! Give me guys who wanna play the game, not overhyped cry babies.
NEXT! [banghead]

The difference is that Briggs has done it for 4 years and proven to be one of the best in the NFL at his position. Redding had one good year and wants to be paid like the best DT in the game. Why would the Bucs want to trade for someone like that?

I understand the importance of a good UT on this defense, but I don't want some headcase crybaby who can't play for 7 mil dollars for a year and prove that he deserves a big contract.

Without saying whether we should or would sign him, it isn't 7 million a year, it's 7 for one year.  There's a big difference.  He's looking for a long-term deal.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#21 : May 04, 2007, 04:00:43 PM

Well I would be okay with dealing Rice for him, not because I don't think Rice is good anymore but bc he won't be coming back to Tampa after this year and we have our future at RE with Adams. Redding looked good and really has a lot of ability inside and could really add some pressure. I mean one way or another this will more than likely be Rice's last year as a Buc, why let him leave without getting anything for him?

#22 : May 04, 2007, 04:25:55 PM

See thats the problem, some people choose to ignore Rice's lack of production becaus eof what hes done in the past. I love the guy for what he used to do, but he doesnt have it anymore. What Im supposed to praise th eguy for the next 5 years while he disappears in the biggest moments of games?

I've acknowledged what Rice did in '05. Its funny to me how those who ride Rice's jock strap with little ammo to back up their love seem to ignore what he did in '04 and '06 and also seem to forget his vanishing acts. Whatever, the proof is out there.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#23 : May 04, 2007, 04:40:49 PM

If I was to trade Simeon Rice to detroit, I would rather want to trade him for Shaun Rogers.

dm4bucs

Starter
#24 : May 04, 2007, 05:44:49 PM

I agree with you Ares, it is about knowing value and getting something while you still can.  Look at buffalo with Mcgahee, he was up for a new contract soon and instead of letting him walk they traded him for something and drafted a replacement.  This most likely is Rice's last year and why not get something for him then let him walk.  If we were superbowl bound and he was the piece we needed i'd say don't do it, but i don't see superbowl in our team yet and his trade could get us more picks or a player that can help us in the future.

#25 : May 04, 2007, 07:23:41 PM

If I was to trade Simeon Rice to detroit, I would rather want to trade him for Shaun Rogers.

Rogers is coming off some injuy problems and has some character issues............Rod doesn't seem to care for him either.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Man wouldn't mind trading for this guy. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools