Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sign "The Key"....to a new contract « previous next »
Page: 1 2

« : May 04, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »

"The Key" to a successful defensive lineup....Brian Kelly is  "The Key"
give him a  new contract ! ... and everybody will be happy

« #1 : May 04, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »

Rasta

My concern with Kelly is his health....or lack of.  He has essentially been absent the past 2 years.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

« #2 : May 04, 2007, 08:46:51 AM »

Rasta

My concern with Kelly is his health....or lack of. He has essentially been absent the past 2 years.

Yep, when he's on the field I love it but in the past two years he has been off the field more then on it

orlandobuc

Starter

« #3 : May 04, 2007, 08:50:42 AM »

I am trying to decide if that helmet with the snake in it is unique art or just plain stupid.

I've decided plain stupid.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 04, 2007, 08:51:23 AM »

Nice tag line, I thought someone was actually going to be boosting "Me-shaun"!!

Signing Kelly...he's under contract through 2008 and Bruce Allen has already demonstrated that he doesn't allow this. If you know the GM won't be held hostage and you persist with this act then your saying you don't  want to be here.

Factor in that his injures have robbed the Bucs of his services for much of his current contract...meaning we already didn't get what we paid for...and he wants the Bucs to know he's unhappy? Here's an excerpt from a piece on buccaneers.com about Kelly's injury impact:

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5454
"Kelly has now finished two of the last four seasons on injured reserve. In 2003 he played in only five games before missing the rest of the season with a pectoral injury. Drafted in the second round in 1998, Kelly has played in 119 games and started 75 for the Buccaneers. His career totals include 404 tackles and 20 interceptions."

He finished last year on IR after only two complete games.

We need him but not at the cost of being a malcontent. If he wants a new contract, get to camp, as an act of good faith. Perhaps then he'd get an extension. He needs to get to camp as we are not the same team without him.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

« #5 : May 04, 2007, 08:56:44 AM »

Orlando

Google up Inland Taipan and you'll get the answer to your question.

« #6 : May 04, 2007, 06:05:29 PM »

his "health" will improve along with his  new found wealth.....listen up Buc babies
it's not his fault his draft date and Buc's cap woe's intersected in the crescendo of his career !......
yes ...he has been  painted by the "99" NFC championship game, and yes Barber has  been highlighted in day glow orange/pewter marker.....and yes the team has been in cap hell /purgatory...BK has earned his day.....
forward to G'Boyz.....along with a picture of them running the RayJay  trophy in hand

« #7 : May 04, 2007, 06:25:49 PM »

I hear what you are saying Rasta, but you know as well as anyone that the NFL is a "What have ya done lately" league.  Kelly has hurt himself physically and contractually with the injuries.  The Bucs are not gonna shell out the big bucks anymore for little return on their investment (See #92 now in Indy).  And these contracts, be it for players or coaches or whomever, are not worth the paper they are written on.  No one held a gun to BK's head to sign the deal that he did.

Were BK on the field for 32 games the past 2 seasons, he'd have a better arsenal to work with.  As is, it is the contrary.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 04, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »

turf toes are serious

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

« #9 : May 04, 2007, 06:52:06 PM »

of course my premise is based on him beginning able to pass a physical.....there must a some level of assumption of common sense implied assumed.....to any and all I was NOT addvocating signing to a new big deal and then ...gee......I hope he's healthy.....IMO.....the guy can play and finish his career in better fit and performance than Derrick Brooks......#28 has never enjoyed the payday....and GruAllen are using him as the fulcrum.when in fact he has proven to be an unpaid share of the lever

catch2355

Practice Squad

« #10 : May 04, 2007, 08:12:38 PM »

wow when i saw this thread i thought it was some stupid guy who came over  to the PR to make a stupid thread to sign keyshaun lol

« #11 : May 04, 2007, 08:21:01 PM »

no.....just you admitting to it...lol

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

« #12 : May 04, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »

I think we all thought that...lol! [banghead]

« #13 : May 04, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »

Give it up Rasta.

catch2355

Practice Squad

« #14 : May 04, 2007, 08:45:27 PM »

no.....just you admitting to it...lol

wow i was the idiot. i feel very stupid......lmao :D
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sign "The Key"....to a new contract « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools