Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deputy Uses Excessive Force on Woman Rushing to Hospital to See Heart Attack Dad « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 05, 2007, 11:46:41 AM

Well, judging from his suspension and the comments from his boss, the people that matter
don't agree with you...

It's spin.

People get their panties in a bunch all the time for crap like this. I refer you to your mirror.

Excessive force??

If that's the case, then I should be swimming in a pool of Tampa taxpayer money.

In the video, you see her feet come off the ground when he slams her against the car.
Yes, excessive force. And that's why his boss and the officials said that in their
report.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 05, 2007, 11:48:40 AM

Joe – He was driving HIMSELF, hardly a serious emergency.  Sure I might have been over the speed limit but 63mph in a 35mph zone is pushing it.  Once pulled over I would have gone through the motions and taken the ticket. 

I have been pulled over many times and I am never received a ticket, WHY?  Because I know how to behave and talk nice to Mr. Sheriff. 

Talk nice? Did she not talk nice?

You know why he drove himself? He had no choice. How do you know how serious it is until you
find out details? People have had mild heart attacks and once they got to the hospital, had
another one and died. Obviously, you know that.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 05, 2007, 11:51:47 AM

Speeding and reckless driving are a world apart Joe.  35mph zones in Tampa tend to be fairly built up areas with a high probability of pedestrians, in particular children.

If some killed my killed being reckless they would face the consequences, and I can guarantee it would be far worse than her dad having chest pains.

<click>

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 05, 2007, 11:57:38 AM

Speeding and reckless driving are a world apart Joe.  35mph zones in Tampa tend to be fairly built up areas with a high probability of pedestrians, in particular children.

If some killed my killed being reckless they would face the consequences, and I can guarantee it would be far worse than her dad having chest pains.

<click>

In my area, there is a 35 mph speed limit on a four lane road. If I was going to the hospital,
I would do 70 on that road and not worry about hitting people.

Do you know what kind of road she was on?

And I'm sure she was not thinking str8. It's understandable in the situation.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 05, 2007, 12:05:41 PM

Speeding and reckless driving are a world apart Joe. 35mph zones in Tampa tend to be fairly built up areas with a high probability of pedestrians, in particular children.

<click>

In my area, there is a 35 mph speed limit on a four lane road. If I was going to the hospital,
I would do 70 on that road and not worry about hitting people.

Do you know what kind of road she was on?

And I'm sure she was not thinking str8. It's understandable in the situation.
Of course you wouldnt worry about hitting people. Their lives dont affect yours. Its all about you.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 05, 2007, 12:09:49 PM

No, it's because there are never pedestrians on that road.

MJS, let's agree that she deserved a ticket. But when the person is frantic and asking the cop,
"Can you write me the ticket in the emergency room?" you would think he would have figured
out that she was telling the truth. Not the brightest cop, I guess.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 05, 2007, 12:17:26 PM

Never?!? never?!? Lets hope someones car doesnt break down and their walking for help.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 05, 2007, 12:36:02 PM

Never is the wrong word. And I would use my judgment on what time of the day it was.
There ARE pedestrians getting into their cars but I have NEVER seen one crossing the
road because there is nothing on the other side of the road that they would need to get
to.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 05, 2007, 01:18:39 PM

Sort of like your ufo's just cause youve never seen one doesnt mean theyre not there

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 05, 2007, 02:10:37 PM

That's why I use judgment. Each situation is different. This officer used poor judgment.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 05, 2007, 02:28:54 PM

Judgement mean youll do 70 cause youve never seen someone on that road thats judgement? No thats an assumption on your part that no one will be there

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 05, 2007, 02:51:38 PM

You aren't just doubling the speed, you are also trebling the stopping distance.  At 35mph you stopping distance is 90 feet, at 63mph it is over 250 feet.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 05, 2007, 02:56:10 PM

It doesnt matter to him didnt you hear hes NEVER seen pedestrians cross the road plus hes got to get to the hospital and no one else matters

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 05, 2007, 03:38:52 PM

You aren't just doubling the speed, you are also trebling the stopping distance.  At 35mph you stopping distance is 90 feet, at 63mph it is over 250 feet.

As I said, she probably deserved the ticket. But most people understand that when somebody is
in that state of mind, they don't always make the right decisions. But that's not what this
case is about. It's about the reaction of the cop. Which was ruled to be an overreaction and
excessive. Internal affairs ruling stands.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 05, 2007, 03:44:54 PM

Excuses excuses
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Deputy Uses Excessive Force on Woman Rushing to Hospital to See Heart Attack Dad « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools