Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else notice that the Bucs have speed demon Justin Gatlin in camp today? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 05, 2007, 02:33:32 AM

Did you miss the part where they said he was a track star?

He hasn't played football since 10th grade...he's 25.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#16 : May 05, 2007, 02:35:31 AM

That is not encouraging.  Gotta catch a football at some point.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 05, 2007, 07:50:27 AM

maybe we can do a Forest Gump with him and have somebody else catch the kick off and then hand the ball to Gatlin.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 05, 2007, 08:39:21 AM

Justin Gatlin was also a pretty good hurdler at one time and there's been at least some history of guys who were good hurdlers who made it in the NFL.....Rod Woodson, Nolan Cromwell, Ty Wheatley just to name a few. Teddy Ginn was also a hurdler in HS.

That really doesn't mean much if he's also not a Football player.

Maybe I'm showing some age here - but when you say "hurdler" + "football" I only see one guy - Ronaldo Nehemiah...anyone remember that name? Never much of an impact but he set a world record in the 110m hurdles...he could FLY.

I noticed Gatlin had a tryout with the Texans in November...tracks guys on the football field NEVER excite me - straightline speed doesn't transfer - and just like Nehemiah, track guys don't like getting hit...I know it's a generalization, but I haven't had anyone challenge this theory of mine.

I wish it were that easy...and I wish him well 'cause he's a panhandle guy, Pensacola Woodham. I just don't put much stock in track guys anymore - they put too much time into running really straight lines/lanes...ellusiveness "escapes" them...

[/quo

Nehemiah is his agent

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 05, 2007, 10:03:18 AM

i hope they can get this guy to catch the ball and be a WR, we could use his speed on this team

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 05, 2007, 10:07:33 AM

Can he catch a freaking football??
  Great question - to me that has to be the starting point for everyone that plays the position.  The Texans didn't keep him - so the answer is likely no. 
maybe we can do a Forest Gump with him and have somebody else catch the kick off and then hand the ball to Gatlin.
  Good idea, if he can actually avoid a tackler...

That said - we will see - just like all the FAs, Undrafted AND Drafted Rookies.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 05, 2007, 10:35:03 AM

he should goto NFLE to get better

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 05, 2007, 10:45:20 AM

He's also gonna have a rough time since he can't use the roids in this league.  It would be worth making a movie out of it if he actually made the team and did well, though.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone else notice that the Bucs have speed demon Justin Gatlin in camp today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools