Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2-5 for one reason and one reason only.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

: October 30, 2006, 02:36:40 AM

WE STOPPED RUNNING THE FOOTBALL.

It affects the quarterback.
It affects the offensive line.
It affects the defense.
It affects time of possession.
It affects field position.

Plain and simple, WE STOPPED RUNNING THE BALL.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : October 30, 2006, 02:42:36 AM

Say hallelujeh!

TDTB

Second String

#2 : October 30, 2006, 03:24:20 AM

I thought it was because in five of those games the other team scored more points then us.

Seriously though, the running game has been at best spotty. I hate seeing 0,1, or negative yardage running plays where the only players standing up at the end of it are 2 of our offensive linemen. Our line is way too inconsistent run blocking. I'm sure it has to do with the rookies and all the other young players, but it is frustrating. Excuses get you nowhere though, so they have to figure something out.

A lot of people here seem to think that if the run isn't working, you should just stop running it and throw every play. What that means is the other team can just rush the passer. You need to keep rushing at the very least just to keep the defense honest, so they know that the run still has to be stopped. You can still throw it 3-4 plays if you want. Rushing attempts per game is an important stat. Plus it isn't that uncommon for teams to be squashed running the ball the whole game, then have a couple nice ones in a row get peeled off at the end.

This would all be a lot simpler though if we could just run the ball, we spent all offseason working on it.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 30, 2006, 03:52:50 AM

I love this thread.

Those that know me, know why... 

#4 : October 30, 2006, 05:15:36 AM

Another "I'm a better playcaller than Gruden" thread. Excellent.

lousosh

Second String
#5 : October 30, 2006, 05:27:36 AM

How about, we just stink.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 30, 2006, 06:26:24 AM

The Bucs are a team in 'transition'. It will be like this for at least two years. get used to it.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#7 : October 30, 2006, 06:31:20 AM

We ran vs. Cincy and Philly , yet had to scramble on the final plays of those games to win.

Against Philly, even running the ball produced zero points virtually.  We scored on turnovers.

I'm not buying into all of this "run the ball" hype.  Sorry.

Bottom line is that we have a ton of youngsters on offesne that are trying to settle in. 

I like the youth movement a helluva lot more than I do bringing in Geritol Drinkers to band-aid positions.

Some of you simply are not patient.  You got sucked in to the 11-5 mirage of 2005.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 30, 2006, 07:13:47 AM

Bottom line is that we have a ton of youngsters on offesne that are trying to settle in. 

I like the youth movement a helluva lot more than I do bringing in Geritol Drinkers to band-aid positions.

Some of you simply are not patient.  You got sucked in to the 11-5 mirage of 2005.

I agree. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 30, 2006, 07:47:31 AM

Sure, you look at the end stats and say that Gruden shoul've ran more, I get it. If you look at the play calling within the CONTEXT OF GAME it tells a different story. Down and distance, time left at the half, and throughout the second half down 2 scrores you're not going to run the ball. Why is that so hard to understand? I just don't get it, look at the in-game situations and tell me where Gruden could've ran more.

Right, so it's as simple as more rushing attempts.  [banghead]

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 30, 2006, 07:57:00 AM

I don't think many of the people who say that Gruden should've ran the ball more watched the game yesterday. Keeponbucn's post say everything that needs to be said.

If the Buc drives lasted longer than 4 plays, then maybe you would see the bucs run caddy more, But as went yesterday, there were very few situations in which the bucs had 2nd or 3rd and short.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 30, 2006, 07:59:44 AM

fumble
didn't convert 3-1
no offensive line push
behind in the game

hummmm

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 30, 2006, 08:09:50 AM

I BLAM ALL O FOUR LOSSES ON MAHAN!!! YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA.

#13 : October 30, 2006, 08:12:09 AM

If some are so adamant about the run and think that is the answer, I say they should go to the Glazers and apply for the head coaching position.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 30, 2006, 08:13:26 AM

If some are so adamant about the run and think that is the answer, I say they should go to the Glazers and apply for the head coaching position.

LOL
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2-5 for one reason and one reason only.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools