Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2-5 for one reason and one reason only.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

replica

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 30, 2006, 08:19:01 AM

WE STOPPED RUNNING THE FOOTBALL.

It affects the quarterback.
It affects the offensive line.
It affects the defense.
It affects time of possession.
It affects field position.

Plain and simple, WE STOPPED RUNNING THE BALL.

Thank You!!!!

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 30, 2006, 09:33:25 AM

If some are so adamant about the run and think that is the answer, I say they should go to the Glazers and apply for the head coaching position.

What a bunch of crazy fans thinking the Bucs should run the ball more.  I agree our best option is having our rookie QB throw 48 times into swirling 40 mile an hour winds.  I really see your point.  The Bucs can't run so why even try.  Heck our Rb has only 20 yards after 8 carries I say why even give it to him next game lets just send grads out there in a 4 wide set and throw on every down.   There is nothing wrong with calling for balanced play calling.  Is passing on everydown a winning strategy for any team in the NFL besides the colts?  Man some of these fans are unbelievable questioning Gruden its like they think they can be a head coach in the NFL.  Never question anything Gruden does because if you do...you must think you are smarter than him.  Or maybe he has had two games where the play calling has sucked and just like everyone on this team they deserve criticism when they perform badly and recognition when they don't.   ;)

And I'm not saying if we ran more we would be a playoff team but we would be a better team.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#17 : October 30, 2006, 09:37:18 AM

Some of you simply are not patient.  You got sucked in to the 11-5 mirage of 2005.

So you don't want to admit that you thought the team was a playoff caliber team and possible a SuperBowl contender?

gtjiii

Practice Squad

#18 : October 30, 2006, 09:40:15 AM

How about, we just stink.

Now there's a thought.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 30, 2006, 09:41:36 AM

Some of you simply are not patient.  You got sucked in to the 11-5 mirage of 2005.

So you don't want to admit that you thought the team was a playoff caliber team and possible a SuperBowl contender?

Super Bowl contender? No.

In my opinion I thought the team could go back to the playoffs and be able to win at least one playoff game.  With that said the early success of last season was a shock to us all.  This season is just reality hitting Bucs fans to be honest.   Next year will be Gruden's last year to turn it around.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 30, 2006, 09:42:22 AM

We could hardly run for one damn yard in that game.   We had to throw.    

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 30, 2006, 09:42:30 AM

I actually said we were the worst winning team in 2005, and a losing season is more likely than another winning season this year.  Just to stand still we needed to improve on offense by 7 ppg because of the tougher schedule.   We don’t have the number one D this year so a bad losing season is inevitable.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 30, 2006, 09:46:32 AM

Saying 11-5 is kind of strong IMO.  They earned every win last year in contrast they've earned every loss this year.  Two different seasons and two different teams.  I do, however, agree that most here have run out of patience...and this is the time we need it most...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 30, 2006, 09:48:02 AM

138 - 261 - 8 - 4.82

Yeah I say pass more with these stats why not.....lol
I support Grads but man give the kid a chance 48 attempts on the road in windy conditions that is crazy.  That simply isn't giving the kid a chance to succeed.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 30, 2006, 09:51:29 AM

138 - 261 - 8 - 4.82

I support Grads but man give the kid a chance 48 attempts on the road in windy conditions that is crazy.  That simply isn't giving the kid a chance to succeed.

As bad as his stats may have been, they were better than Caddy's.   I don't agree that running Caddy 50 times for 50 yards is going to help Grads succeed.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 30, 2006, 10:13:16 AM

I do not know how exactly how many times, but it seemed like a lot, where the Bucs were either 1st and 20 or 2nd and 20 due to penalties. How can you run the ball with that kind of down and distance? Just asking...

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#26 : October 30, 2006, 10:20:49 AM

138 - 261 - 8 - 4.82

I support Grads but man give the kid a chance 48 attempts on the road in windy conditions that is crazy. That simply isn't giving the kid a chance to succeed.

As bad as his stats may have been, they were better than Caddy's. I don't agree that running Caddy 50 times for 50 yards is going to help Grads succeed.

I don't know anyone who is saying give Caddy 50 carries, but some balance would be a start.  Going into the game we were averaging a little over 4 yards a carry rushing I believe that is a good average in the NFL.  Would any of you guys before the Saints game say we should let Grads throw 40+ times a game?

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 30, 2006, 10:22:06 AM

We're 2-5 because we've lost three more games than we've won. You can blame many factors, but it all comes down to the fact that the Bucs didn't get it done in those five games. You can argue that a couple of those losses were very close, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. They didn't get it done.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 30, 2006, 10:51:38 AM

Rushing yards: only Detroit, Cleveland and Arizona have less
Rushing attempts: only Detroit has less [re: Mike Martz]
Averare yards per rush: 21st
Rushing touchdowns: 3 for the season; a few teams have 2, the good ones have 8-12
First downs made by rushing: only Miami, Detroit and Minnesota have less
20+ yard rushes: 22nd

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#29 : October 30, 2006, 10:58:31 AM

WE STOPPED RUNNING THE FOOTBALL.

It affects the quarterback.
It affects the offensive line.
It affects the defense.
It affects time of possession.
It affects field position.

Plain and simple, WE STOPPED RUNNING THE BALL.

I think Bucs fans are morons. How so many of you can watch 8-9 guys on offense who shouldnt be out there for talent purposes and then blame playcalling is beyond me. This team sucks. Nothing works. So I cant blame playcalling. The only chance we had was spreading it out and letting our under talented QB attempt to find a WR in his 2-3 seconds before the pocket collapsed on him
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2-5 for one reason and one reason only.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools