Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assasins Creed for the 360 « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: May 07, 2007, 12:26:43 PM

I wonder when this gem is coming out!  Game looks great.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 08, 2007, 08:59:54 AM

Cool.  I will mos def purchasing this one.  Looks like entertainment for hours...

The "social" concealment thing looks interesting to see how well or not well that will work.  The blend in with the monks thing is great but is that "blending in" or does the opponent AI just not react well so pretty much anything gets the same results.

I love the way the environment looks and if it is historically modeled it should create a more "real" feeling city than even things like GTAIII or Crackdown.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 07, 2007, 01:46:56 PM

Very, very sweet looking.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 07, 2007, 04:34:47 PM

late september

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 07, 2007, 04:47:44 PM

Cool.  I will mos def purchasing this one.  Looks like entertainment for hours...

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#5 : May 08, 2007, 09:19:36 AM

Hopefully we will get our grubby hands on it this year. I love the free roaming feature. I read that your controller will vibrate when trying to locate a ledge to climb up the wall. Your controller will also vibrate when you've been in a location too long and are losing your grip. Talk about force feedback.

bOOm

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 08, 2007, 11:43:16 PM

HCDB, I did not read that, but it sounds great.

Dal, the game is in early development, but as long as there is no rush to put it out, I think some of these AI issues will be addressed properly.  I think that in a game where such things as social reaction/interaction are placed highly in game play, it will be tweaked.  I also think the Assasin was said to have helped the Monks, so he was able to blend in with their blessing...maybe I misheard though...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 09, 2007, 09:00:34 AM

Dal, the game is in early development, but as long as there is no rush to put it out, I think some of these AI issues will be addressed properly.  I think that in a game where such things as social reaction/interaction are placed highly in game play, it will be tweaked.  I also think the Assasin was said to have helped the Monks, so he was able to blend in with their blessing...maybe I misheard though...

Yeah they said there was a reason he could belnd with them. I'm sure that element is the hardest to code and will get tweaked all over the place. It is the most challenging thing in building the game but it is also the most interesting idea. I like seeing games where people try and stretch the rules and change known structures. I was afraid this game was gonna be "Thief" all over again so I'm glad to see they are taking murder out of the shadows.

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#8 : May 10, 2007, 09:21:56 AM

Take a moment to visit this link. A lot of good info here.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/pc/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=2007050210231383063&releaseId=20060831145134937012&sectionId=1006&pageId=20070502102559446013

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 10, 2007, 12:29:03 AM

Dal, the game is in early development, but as long as there is no rush to put it out, I think some of these AI issues will be addressed properly. I think that in a game where such things as social reaction/interaction are placed highly in game play, it will be tweaked. I also think the Assasin was said to have helped the Monks, so he was able to blend in with their blessing...maybe I misheard though...

Yeah they said there was a reason he could belnd with them. I'm sure that element is the hardest to code and will get tweaked all over the place. It is the most challenging thing in building the game but it is also the most interesting idea. I like seeing games where people try and stretch the rules and change known structures. I was afraid this game was gonna be "Thief" all over again so I'm glad to see they are taking murder out of the shadows.
Thief is a joke.

Splinter Cell > Thief

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 10, 2007, 08:59:09 AM

Thief was good for the day.  Splinter Cell has the edge of being more recent but, for some reason, I just don't dig on SC.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assasins Creed for the 360 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools