Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some News and Notes From Today's Rookie Camp « previous next »
Page: 1

Badabingnrt

Starter

: May 05, 2007, 04:34:01 PM

DID we re-sign Kenyatta?

I thought it would be a good possibility since we lack a 4th tackle.  Pettigout, Trueblood, Davis and ?????

We have Colmer, but I say we cut our ties with him and add Walker.  After all, Walker wasn't that bad and since no other team wants him, we could keep hm as depth.

And to re-ittirate....he was bad for a 1st rounder, but not bad for depth..

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : May 05, 2007, 03:55:35 PM

From TBO.com: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/storms-hovering-during-second-day-workouts1/

Storms Hovering During Second Day Workouts

The Bucs began their second day of mini camp with bad weather threatening to end practice early.

As thunder clapped over head, Bucs officials were checking with local weather experts to see if a small storm was moving through.
In the first 30 minutes of practice, Coach Jon Gruden spent a good portion monitoring the actions of the defensive linemen, defensive backs and the offensive line. Two members of the offensive line have already changed their numbers. Tackle Chris Denman gave up No. 78 for No. 64, while Arron Sears took No. 64 instead of No. 67. No word yet if Kenyatta Walker factored into Sears decision to switch numbers.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 05, 2007, 05:12:42 PM

Denman

Badabingnrt

Starter

#3 : May 05, 2007, 05:18:44 PM

caradoc....Id still thinK Kenyatta is 10 times the tackle Denman is.....

After all, he was a 7th round pick.  Very rarely do they make the team unless they were a WR like Colsten or Housmenzadeh.....

I wouldn't feel comfortable with any of our 7th rounders out there runninga round to tell u the truth and would feel much better if Walker was filling in then Denman...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 05, 2007, 05:51:28 PM

you don't find it curious that all the other 31 teams are not interested in Kenyatta even as a backup?  He might be better depth than some 7th rounder but I'd just as soon cut all ties with him.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 05, 2007, 05:56:08 PM

caradoc....Id still thinK Kenyatta is 10 times the tackle Denman is.....

After all, he was a 7th round pick.  Very rarely do they make the team unless they were a WR like Colsten or Housmenzadeh.....

I wouldn't feel comfortable with any of our 7th rounders out there runninga round to tell u the truth and would feel much better if Walker was filling in then Denman...

I'm not saying Denman is all that, but he is more likely than Yatta right now as the backup.  AD can swing to RT if needed, the only scenario where you need your fourth Tackle is if 1 and 2 are both hurt.  Only way I see Yatta back is if nobody offers more than vet Min and even then it may not happen.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#6 : May 05, 2007, 07:30:55 PM

Yatta should have been given #55 in 2005. He saved 4 or 5 Griese picks 6s.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

dodda45

Starter
#7 : May 05, 2007, 07:46:55 PM

Anthony Davis was an undrafted free agent and is a heck of better player than Kenyatta...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some News and Notes From Today's Rookie Camp « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools