Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown now « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 30, 2006, 08:00:36 AM

This team is going nowhere with our "starters" anyway, we might as well find out what our reserve players can do. We have 13 games left to prepare for 2007.

Hey Gruden, your 4th down plays aren't surprising anybody. The whole league knows that on 4th and 1, you're going to call for a deep pass, and on 4th and 20 Cadillac up the middle. It's not working. Simplify your playbook and work on the fundamentals.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 30, 2006, 08:02:00 AM

Grads will finish out the year as the starter.  IMVHO.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 30, 2006, 08:05:36 AM

LOL ... knew this was coming.  Can someone start a "Start Rattay" thread?  How about "Start Bidwell" [our emergency QB]?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 30, 2006, 08:08:34 AM

Stay with Grads.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

#4 : October 30, 2006, 08:08:45 AM

Why throw McCown in there?  So all of you can **CENSORED** and bash on him too??

nflinsider

Starter

#5 : October 30, 2006, 08:09:31 AM

Are you kidding me? We lost to a good team on the road. This is why it is so important to keep things in perspective. The guys a rookie and people have been crowning him the next best thing. He's a rookie and there will be games like this where he looks like a rookie.

#6 : October 30, 2006, 08:13:15 AM

Some fans have no perspective.  Their lack of perspective is a bigger issue than the Bucs' "lack of a run game" that they think is the biggest problem.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 30, 2006, 08:13:51 AM

Leinart has stunk it up his last two games yet he's already annointed "a great future QB in this league" by the prognosticators at ESPN.

Bruce has outplayed him and stupid Buc "fans" are calling for McCown.

No wonder Tampa fans have such a bandwagon reputation.

#8 : October 30, 2006, 08:17:12 AM

No wonder Tampa fans have such a bandwagon reputation.

I made that very statement in another thread.  The intelligence level here is beginning to be lower than the Buc rushing totals.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 30, 2006, 08:22:06 AM

McCown is not a bad QB but he has just as much experience as Grads as this point.  His game is similar to Grads so I do not see a dramatic change on offense by starting him.  What I am saying we know what McCown can do to a degree.

McCown looked impressive in one game against the Patriots but he still made a lot mistakes becuase he is a young QB. In the four games he started he had 4 TD's and 7 INT's.  Not bad for a young player that showed promise.  But with that said what Grads has been able to do so far is unique and rare for a young QB.  Grads in four starts haas 4 TD's and 1 INT.  I will not mention the dropped Clayton TD pass for this discussion.  That is why Grads is unique.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 30, 2006, 08:25:19 AM

The odds are McCown would make plenty of turnovers.  THat is just reality.

Gradkowski is doing what he is supposed to do and anyone objective knows the Bucs could have easily won the game yesterday if Caddy doesn't stone hand a pitch, Clayton doesn't drop a TD or fumble, and Galloway makes one or two catches he has to make.

That is what a rookie QB on the road in those conditions has to do and Bruce did it. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 30, 2006, 08:29:07 AM

McCown no! Hell no, what is wrong with some of you people???

This season is done, over with. Let Grads play and learn on the fly, that's the best option for this team. He doesn't turn the ball over, is decisive, and will get better. You can't just pull ROOKIES when they have a few rough games especially a QB.

It's been said over and over, IF a few of those dropped passes don't happen we would be talking about a different game. I mean, just 1 catch out of those 4 dropped balls.

Grads also had a long pass play to JG called back.....

Hacing trouble with some of your perspective in a ll of this.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 30, 2006, 12:39:19 PM

Leeroy,

Don't come on here and post a sensible thread. The haters don't want to read it.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 30, 2006, 08:53:22 AM

I love that this kid is thrown into the fire like this.  He will learn far more playing, than he will on the bench.  While you like your young QB to tote the clipboard and watch the first year, it's just not the way in my opinion.  You have to face the bullets before you know how to avert them...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 30, 2006, 08:56:26 AM

If Gruden believes that Grads is the QB he plans to go with in the long term, then he needs all the game experience he can get THIS year so he'll be ready for next year.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools