Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown now « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 30, 2006, 09:23:08 AM

I've probably read every post on here today. And I could make that statement almost every day after a game since this board has been here.

Nothing has changed:

1.  If we win the negativity about our Qb is somewhat toned down.
2. If we lose, the QB gets bashed (no matter who it is) i.e. WIlliams, Testeverde, Dilfer
    a. The coach (insert name here) doesn't know what he's doing. Get a new one.
    b. The backup QB (Insert name here) is better.
    c.  We should be building for the future. Get rid of the veteran  (Griese anyone).
    d.  We don't need rookies in the key positions, go get a veteran (Johnson anyone).
3. If any QB gets on a hot streak, he's our future HOF (Remember Shaun King)
4. If any "rookie Qb plays lousy trade him so he can win a super bowl somewhere else          (Remember Steve Young).

Bottom line.
The fans here don't really know what the hell they want. They have absolutely no patience. We should be in the playoffs every year and win the SB 1 outta every 5.  Get real!

Like I said. Nothing has changed.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Garv

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 30, 2006, 09:29:04 AM

I've probably read every post on here today. And I could make that statement almost every day after a game since this board has been here.

Nothing has changed:

1. If we win the negativity about our Qb is somewhat toned down.
2. If we lose, the QB gets bashed (no matter who it is) i.e. WIlliams, Testeverde, Dilfer
 c. We should be building for the future. Get rid of the veteran (Griese anyone).
 d. We don't need rookies in the key positions, go get a veteran (Johnson anyone).
4. If any "rookie Qb plays lousy trade him so he can win a super bowl somewhere else (Remember Steve Young).

Bottom line.
The fans here don't really know what the hell they want. They have absolutely no patience. We should be in the playoffs every year and win the SB 1 outta every 5. Get real!

LOL Absolutely SQUAT has changed. Coming here after a loss is like pulling your finger nails out in a vat of alcohol while having your nuts crushed in a vice. Pleasant.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 30, 2006, 09:41:32 AM

Nothing has changed:

2. If we lose, the QB gets bashed (no matter who it is) i.e. Williams, Testeverde, Dilfer
 c. We should be building for the future. Get rid of the veteran (Griese anyone).
 d. We don't need rookies in the key positions, go get a veteran (Johnson anyone).
4. If any "rookie Qb plays lousy trade him so he can win a super bowl somewhere else (Remember Steve Young).

Bottom line.
The fans here don't really know what the hell they want. They have absolutely no patience. We should be in the playoffs every year and win the SB 1 outta every 5. Get real!

And it never will so why pay attention to posts you guys know are totally unreasonable and out of focus?  I totally be live you and J. Garv to be great posters on this board.  You've been around here long enough to know who has good thoughts about what they saw yesterday and who doesn't.  It's an opportunity for every one with a half empty glass to come in and do their thing...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Garv

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 30, 2006, 09:48:00 AM

Nothing has changed:

2. If we lose, the QB gets bashed (no matter who it is) i.e. Williams, Testeverde, Dilfer

Bottom line.

And it never will so why pay attention to posts you guys know are totally unreasonable and out of focus?  I totally be live you and J. Garv to be great posters on this board.  You've been around here long enough to know who has good thoughts about what they saw yesterday and who doesn't.  It's an opportunity for every one with a half empty glass to come in and do their thing...

Thanks and a hat tip Chev. As I posted, maybe coming in right after a bad loss isn't for those who have a low pain tolerance level! LOL Good point on allowing the half empties their due though........damn it.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 30, 2006, 09:56:23 AM

No one knows how tough it is better than I do Garv.  I'm pissed but I'm "fan" enough to come in and take it and read others opinions.  I don't like all of them, and don't feel the need to post against or for the ones that are totally asinine.  There are a few threads that have some very good debates and topics.  Most of which my man Prefer has started. 

hint, hint... ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 30, 2006, 12:49:09 PM

Grads is marginal at best.

Did you come to that determination by studying all of his many years in the league? I remember another QB that Gruden had who was considered "marginal at best". What was his name again? Rick or Rich something...

No actually I came to this determination yesterday after seeing him face 8-9 man fronts with Man coverage on the Wr's and seeing him go 20-48 on routes inside of 10 yards. He had drops, sure, he got no help, he also looked anemic...

He three good passes downfield that were dropped. Another pass downfield nullified by Becht's sheer stupidity. Another pass that went for a first down to Clayton on fourth down that was fumbled away. Somehow I do not think we watched the same football game.

ADW, he had 3 blantantly dropped balls that were very nice plays. He went 20-48 against a defense that was conceeding the pass. You feel good about that showing??? It was an awful game for the entire offense but geez...

Baghead #2

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 30, 2006, 12:02:30 PM

Chev,

Can't really remember (my age you know) so many blatant off the wall threads like I'v seen since the game yesterday.

It would appear that what you call half empty are actually empty.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 30, 2006, 12:11:17 PM

Chev,

Can't really remember (my age you know) so many blatant off the wall threads like I've seen since the game yesterday.

It would appear that what you call half empty are actually empty.

Haters love to hate Unc.  The number is crazy threads grows with every loss.  The only way to rid them is to win.  At the end of the day there are many people who have agendas that don't match ours.  You know our agenda, the one that will look at this team and still route for them and continue to look for the positives in the wins and the losses.  The ones that realize we are working with a young QB.  The ones who can still have hope but realize that the margin for error is almost nil. 

As a fan of a 2-5 team you carry the brunt of the national shame and deal with the local idiots who seek to troll around and say nasty things to piss you off.  Such is life Unc...Screw them and get some milk for your Wheaties instead of the crap these guys put down...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 30, 2006, 12:17:04 PM

know what we have invested in Grads... a 6th round pick guys. What has he shown? He can play, is he the answer, no. Just because you draft a QB, the starter gets hurt and the rookie 6th round guy comes in does not mean he is the future, get a clue...Grads is marginal at best.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 30, 2006, 12:20:50 PM

know what we have invested in Grads... a 6th round pick guys. What has he shown? He can play, is he the answer, no. Just because you draft a QB, the starter gets hurt and the rookie 6th round guy comes in does not mean he is the future, get a clue...Grads is marginal at best.

I disagree.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 30, 2006, 12:21:28 PM

Did you come to that determination by studying all of his many years in the league? I remember another QB that Gruden had who was considered "marginal at best". What was his name again? Rick or Rich something...

gharen

Pro Bowler

#26 : October 30, 2006, 12:46:43 PM

My God! If some of you were the coaches Terry Bradshaw would have never made it in this league. For those of you who don't know it took Bradshaw 5 + years to become a decent QB. If your wondering why we have the reputation of being bandwagon fans it's because for the most part it's true. It doesn't matter when you became a fan it's how you act in the down times. I get a feeling a bunch of you are getting ready to throw on your Bears, Cowboys and Colts jerseys any day now.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 30, 2006, 12:26:00 PM

No actually I came to this determination yesterday after seeing him face 8-9 man fronts with Man coverage on the Wr's and seeing him go 20-48 on routes inside of 10 yards. He had drops, sure, he got no help, he also looked anemic...

Baghead #2

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 30, 2006, 12:32:27 PM

Like everything else in the world today, everyone seems to want "Instant".

Whether that be success, gratification, etc.

Take it from someone who has been around the block more than once or twice, it just ain't gonna happen. To expect otherwise, one is living in a dream world and the crash when it doesn't happen, isn't pleasant. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 30, 2006, 12:36:54 PM

No way you can put McCown in there.  This team is going to finish out the year with Grads.  We have to so we can be totally sure where we stand at QB after the season.  If we pull Grads now, and McCown is bad, then we have to wonder if Grads would have gotten better with time.  I personally believe we will have to go in another direction at the end of the year, but we have to be absolutely sure about what we have before we do that.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown now « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools