Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports/energy drinks; do they really work?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: May 07, 2007, 01:33:11 PM

i use gatorade and water for running/working out.

energy drinks i use for when i'm at work and just need a lift. i don't use them while working out. seems like they would dehydrate you.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : May 07, 2007, 12:53:41 PM

Red Bull Ingredients:
Carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, sodium citrate, taurine, glucuronolactone, inositol, niacin, D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, vitamin B12, natural and artificial flavors, colors

Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size: 1 can; Amount per serving: Calories: 160; Total Fat: 0g; Sodium: 290mg; Protein: less than 1g; Total Carbohydrates: 40g; Sugars: 39g; Niacin: 140%; Vitamin B6: 360%; Vitamin B12: 120%; Pantothenic acid: 70%

Manufacturer's Brand Overview:
Red Bull is a utility drink to be taken against mental or physical weariness or exhaustion. Red Bull combines two natural substances and important metabolic transmitters - the amino acid taurine and the glucuronolactone - with stimulating caffeine, vitamins and the energy provided by carbohydrates. The leader in the energy drinks category.

BevNET Review:
While our opinion on Red Bull's flavor hasn't changed -- it is truly painful to drink -- we will give Red Bull credit where credit is due. Namely, the brand power that this product has created is truly amazing. Many people in the industry may hate Red Bull, but without Red Bull there wouldn't even be a market for the other 150+ products currently crowding the shelves. However, Red Bull faces some potential bumps in the road in the coming 24 months. First, the product has completely oversaturated the market -- Red Bull is in just about anywhere that you can fit a mini-cooler as well as mass merchandisers, bike shops, bars, etc, etc, etc. This could result in Red Bull becoming passe by removing the "cool" factor that made the brand so successful. Second, while other companies are improving formulations, flavors, and packaging, Red Bull stays the same. Will consumers find something that truly works better? Third, from our point of view Red Bull has a less-than-stellar industry reputation -- and many people are praying for their demise as a result. Finally, given that Red Bull is a one trick pony (compared to others such as Coke and Pepsi), the party is in serious jeopardy if sales start to slump, a price war starts, or press over energy drink health concerns start to proliferate (hypothetically speaking). Overall, tremendous brand power right now, but does it have true staying power to last another 5 years as number one? 

#2 : May 06, 2007, 06:52:33 PM

Gatorade works.
H2O>Gatorade.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#3 : May 06, 2007, 06:17:40 PM

I have tried a few like Red Bull and Mega Source, but they really do nothing more than what a Mountain Dew does for me which is very little; and I get more of a boost or energy rush from a few cups of strong coffee than I do all of that stuff.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 06, 2007, 06:50:41 PM

Gatorade works.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 06, 2007, 06:54:27 PM

Gatorade works.
H2O>Gatorade.
Meh...Gatorade replenishes teh vitamins or something.

#6 : May 06, 2007, 06:55:49 PM

#7 : May 06, 2007, 07:07:51 PM

I can tell you from personal experience that this stuff works.

http://www.5hourenergy.com/

MBF

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 06, 2007, 07:20:14 PM

Just 5 hours?

#9 : May 06, 2007, 07:20:22 PM

Meh, I just go to the bathroom and shoot cow hormones up my rectum if I really want a boost.

#10 : May 06, 2007, 07:21:07 PM

Meh, I just go to the bathroom and shoot cow hormones up my rectum if I really want a boost.

ewwww!!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 06, 2007, 07:21:29 PM

Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 06, 2007, 07:26:44 PM

Gatorade is a good hangover fighter! Replenishes vitamins and rehydrates you after a good night out. An advil and a bottle of Gatorade and you're good to go. That is unless you went to the valley of no return while drinking and thus spent the night getting to know the porcelain throne.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#13 : May 06, 2007, 10:01:00 PM

You guys are whacked. But seriously I was expecting some sort of big energy rush from the way they made it sound, but that never happened and like I said some good strong Colombian coffee does the trick for a few hours but then you do crash hard and feel tired the other 5-6 hours of your work day.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 07, 2007, 03:01:46 PM

They work.

When you are thristy and you drink them, you are not thirsty anymore.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sports/energy drinks; do they really work?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools