Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Thoughts... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 30, 2006, 11:41:26 AM

I'm not making excuses, but Dan has been dinged up since the first week of the season.  And Mahan has been no help either on the right or the left...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 30, 2006, 11:44:14 AM

Buenning comes into last weeks game and the Bucs are able to move the ball on the ground on the left side.  Until Buenning is given a chance to play some games the Mahan factor can not be overlooked.

As for Joseph and True the resurgence of Carnell is becuase of those two. 

A few good plays in two series does not change the fact that the left side of the line has been a train-wreck over the course of the entire year run blocking.

I'm not sure where Caddy's resurgence is. We had two good games vs CIN and NO and  the fact that they are the 22nd and 27th ranked run defenses likely has more to do with our ability to run than anything else. Plus, even there 72 of his 205 yards came on just two runs so we weren't pushing those teams around the rest of the time (3.6 ypc) and obviously vs the Eagles and NYG things weren't all that good.

The reason the left side early on in the season could not generate yards is becuase Mahan who pulls from RG is not doing squat as a pulling guard while he was doing good last year.    Fast foward a few weeks later and Mahan who is starting at LG who pull from LG and as a result the right side is not seeing much results either.  Coincidence?

That left side last year was good at run blocking becuase of AD, Mahan,  and Buenning.  Buenning is not playing well/injured/doghouse whatever.  AD has been his self the most part compared to last year (looks more nimble out in space).  Mahan?  Looks poor pulling as a guard this year.

The Bucs inability to convert on that short yardage situation in yesterdays game with Mahan pulling speaks volumes in my opinion. 

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 30, 2006, 12:36:14 PM

Bring back 2 ton please!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 30, 2006, 01:13:14 PM

Bring back 2 ton please!

At least for short yardage...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 30, 2006, 03:13:49 PM

I would trade 3 ton for mayhan anyday!
At least we could run through the left gaurd hole!

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 30, 2006, 05:06:41 PM

I was impressed with his run blocking in preseason,now if he has gained the weight back or something I dont know.All I know is I would rather see power out of my gaurds than the weak ass get docked on my ass  mayhan!
Dan must be hurt  cause I sure dont see why he would be benched for  he who cant block my grandmother!
If nothing relse we know 2 ton can run block.Maybe it would rub off on the rest of the line!
That pittful .08 yds per rush is very bad!
Everyone screaming cause we abandon the run,hell even when it looks like it will go a long way the caddy cant get the handle on a simple pitch.How long has he been taken pitches?

On a side note is your bro still unsigned?

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 30, 2006, 05:38:03 PM

They didnt open up any running lanes yesterday, thats why the run was abandonded.. Thats not playing very well.. I think next year we need to work on the left side of the line.. Davis is just not going to cut it.

fanobucs

Practice Squad

#22 : November 02, 2006, 06:48:01 AM

Anthony Davis has only given up one sack all year and has had one penalty.  The Bucs are halfway through the season and I think we need to give him credit.  AD is nimble in space and has not had the help from Buenning.  He was already great on run blocking and now he is a good pass blocker.  He looks like he getter each week.  Maybe we can let the young line continue to improve and focus on something else in the draft.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 02, 2006, 07:29:41 AM

Anthony Davis has only given up one sack all year and has had one penalty.  The Bucs are halfway through the season and I think we need to give him credit.  AD is nimble in space and has not had the help from Buenning.  He was already great on run blocking and now he is a good pass blocker.  He looks like he getter each week.  Maybe we can let the young line continue to improve and focus on something else in the draft.

People tend to overreact whenever there is a loss and the first thing they blame is the o-line. 

#24 : November 02, 2006, 11:26:56 AM

People tend to overreact whenever there is a loss and the first thing they blame is the o-line. 

It's funny, because I'm actually seeing a young, improving O-line that I think we will be able to call "GOOD" soon.  In the last two weeks, against two of the league-leaders in sacks (Eagles and Giants), we've given up a total of 4 sacks.  That is excellent.  We need to get the whole Buenning/Mahan/Wade situation ironed out, but once we do, our O-line will begin to solidify into what I see as agood unit.

Our starting unit:

AD is now a very solid guy and continues to improve.

Buenning (I'm considering him the starter) is a very good G.

Wade is the question mark.  Is Mahan the answer here?

DJ is a monster.  He can add another 20 pounds and still be quick.  I like what I see.

Trueblood is continuing to develop.  Not as many rookie mistakes as I anticipated.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offensive Line Thoughts... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools