Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey O.J.............. NO STEAK FOR YOU!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #45 : May 10, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »

I would be SHOCKED if there were a case where there was such a great deal of physical evidence stacked up against somebody, only to have them walk.

The case had everything but the presentation wasn't top notch. It still should have been good enough but the jury were chimps and didn't understand much of anything going on around them.  They don't understand science and they sure as heck didn't understand that "beyond a reasonable doubt" doesn't mean "there no other possible option". As Joe has shown over and over there always is some other wacky theory out there even if it isn't reasonable.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #46 : May 10, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »

I would be SHOCKED if there were a case where there was such a great deal of physical evidence stacked up against somebody, only to have them walk.

The case had everything but the presentation wasn't top notch. It still should have been good enough but the jury were chimps and didn't understand much of anything going on around them. They don't understand science and they sure as heck didn't understand that "beyond a reasonable doubt" doesn't mean "there no other possible option". As Joe has shown over and over there always is some other wacky theory out there even if it isn't reasonable.
BINGO!

I have had clowns tell me that "reasonable doubt" means that if you are not 100% sure, then you cannot turn in a guilty verdict. Clowns..........

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #47 : May 10, 2007, 11:46:35 AM »

You remember where you were when the verdict was read?

I was doing some PI work sitting outside of some crack whore's house while she was being gang banged by two ex-cons and a drug dealer. She had custody of her kids, while her ex-husband was in jail for a bogus domestic violence charge. The ex-husbands parents hired us. Happy ending, dad was only in jail for 1 week, and has custody of his kids. Meanwhile crack whore mom has disappeared to never be heard from again.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #48 : May 10, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »

I'll agree with that.   Sorry, I'll have to be careful with my wording.   I didn't realize I was going to be scrutinized like I was in a court of law.    I had thought this thread was about a specific event, not the entire life of the restaurant owner.   Ok, his actions in this incident are what a good american would do.   In my opinion.

The only reason I went that far is your statement that you have lost respect for me. From one post?

That's OK, I still respect you. My disagreements with you over various subjects have nothing to do
with respecting you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #49 : May 10, 2007, 02:25:50 PM »

I agree. What an amazing human being. His entire life was detailed in the article,
all the way back to his childhood. I'm hoping he runs for president.
LMAO!!! Nice sarcasm Joe!

You really think so Boid? I was thinking it was completely ignorant. I lost pretty much any respect I'd had for Joe with that stupid comment.

I completely support people who have disdain for OJ. The restaurant guy is a good american in my opinion.

Oh, so much for you like me and my posts. But now, with one post, you've lost all respect
for me? You must have not had much to begin with.

My point being, we know nothing about the guy except this one incident. He could be
a child molester or he could beat his wife. But as long as he stands up to OJ, he's good
American! Hooray!

What if he's an anti-war guy? Or he thinks the war in Iraq is lost and says so publicly at
a military banquet? Is he still a good American in your mind? What if he dodged the
draft back in Vietnam? Still a good American?

What if he wears a Bush = Hitler t-shirt? Still good, Java?

I didn't say anything bad about the guy on my posts. Just stated that OJ probably did
not have a legal case against him.

I think the guy has cojones. But good American? I don't know him. I can't give you an
opinion on that.
That is why I said Nice Sarcasm...I did not want it painted out because it ruins the quality of the original sarcastic post...

That is all I was doing.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #50 : May 10, 2007, 02:48:23 PM »

Oh, I knew exactly what you were doing, Boid. I was just responding to Java's post.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #51 : May 10, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »

He didn't do it. That glove was too small, and the jury agreed. Oh well, im sure there have been plenty of white men that have gotten away killing someone but you don't hear about like this case.
You don't hear about it, because no case has been as "open and shut" as this one, where the murderer was let loose.

The jurors were idiots, and those who still feel he is innocent, and are familiar with the evidence are idiots as well.
I disagree with the jury comment. It wasn't so much of them being idiots, its just that the case was just too long and tiring for them they were just ready to get out of jury duty. So once Johnny said that famous line, the jury went with it, and was ready to get out. All of them had jobs, and im sure they were looking to get out of the case sooner than later. Can you imagine, taking off work that long just for jury duty!?!?!?! I would have been ready to leave, just like they wanted too in the O.J case.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #52 : May 11, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »

He didn't do it. That glove was too small, and the jury agreed. Oh well, im sure there have been plenty of white men that have gotten away killing someone but you don't hear about like this case.
You don't hear about it, because no case has been as "open and shut" as this one, where the murderer was let loose.

The jurors were idiots, and those who still feel he is innocent, and are familiar with the evidence are idiots as well.
I disagree with the jury comment. It wasn't so much of them being idiots, its just that the case was just too long and tiring for them they were just ready to get out of jury duty. So once Johnny said that famous line, the jury went with it, and was ready to get out. All of them had jobs, and im sure they were looking to get out of the case sooner than later. Can you imagine, taking off work that long just for jury duty!?!?!?! I would have been ready to leave, just like they wanted too in the O.J case.
Okay then........

Juror 1: "I'm tired, let's just let the murderer go"
Juror 2: "I agree, this was a crime of passion. I don't think he'll do it again."
Juror 3: "I miss my job :("

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #53 : May 11, 2007, 10:47:21 AM »

I disagree with the jury comment. It wasn't so much of them being idiots, its just that the case was just too long and tiring for them they were just ready to get out of jury duty.

You are dealing with people who have Sit-com level attention spans being asked to follow something long and complex. I'm sure they had no understanding of what the heck was going on. The prosecutors job is to make that clear but, as a juror, you have some responsibility to make an effort to understand. They didn't make much effort as seen by the very short deliberation time (3 hours) after 133 days of trial shows how deliberate they were in their deliberations.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #54 : May 11, 2007, 12:26:46 PM »

I never read much from the jurors. I am trying to find quotes from them where they clarly show
that they don't understand the blood evidence. All I have seen so far is from Marcia Clark and
the other prosecutors saying they overheard the jury talking about blood type and it made
it look like the jury was totally clueless. But it's hearsay. I'll keep looking for the quotes.

I found this about the juries feelings on the gloves...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/index/nns047.htm

Jurors Carrie Bess and Rubin-Jackson collaborated with Cooley on the book, which comes out this week.

The book plays down the importance of the now-infamous glove demonstration, however, in which prosecutor Christopher Darden had Simpson try on the evidence gloves found at his estate and at the crime scene. The gloves appeared not to fit, but the jurors said they weren't convinced.

"Those gloves fit," Bess wrote. "He wasn't putting them on right."

"Sure," added Rubin-Jackson, "you know, they fit. ... I must have had an expression on my face because as he stood there, it was like he was talking to me, and he went, 'They don't fit.' They would have fit anybody."

The rest of the article goes on to deal with Fuhrman and how they didn't trust one thing he said
and how they didn't trust Lang. To tell you the truth, I had a hard time believing a lot of what
they said too. Would have been nice to have had one black cop who found a key piece of
evidence. Jurors say race didn't affect their decision. Well, we all know that it did. How
could it not? Jurors saw Darden as a token black.

I also didn't realize that Fuhrman was convicted of perjury for hiw N word lies.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #55 : May 11, 2007, 12:32:37 PM »

After 13 years, I'm getting my OJ fix again! Ahhhhhh, it's good to
fall off the wagon....

http://www.cnn.com/US/OJ/daily/9510/10-04/moran/transcript.html

Another juror who was impressed by the gloves not fitting and who also didn't
think OJ did it. She contradicts herself a bit from her beginning statement.
Still looking for the blood comments. If they're out there, I'll find them.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/oj/interviews/crenshaw.html

And this is from a Q/A session with Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw, a professor of law at Columbia University and the UCLA Law School.

Q: The charge was made that the defense used the "monstrous" race card in this trial.

KWC: Yes. Jeffrey Toobin, [writing in The New Yorker magazine] called the defense a "monstrous defense" -- another eye-opening moment, another moment when the vast difference in ideology, in consciousness about race between whites and African Americans was made apparent.

Let's think about it. What was monstrous about a defense that suggested that one of the key officers that found key evidence linking the defendant to the case was an officer who had manifested racial bias, particularly against interracial relationships, had claimed on more than one occasion that he did manufacture evidence, and had subscribed to a whole range of extralegal punishments that he thought would be appropriate for African Americans? It would be malpractice not to introduce evidence to undermine the credibility of this officer. Yet to a lawyer like Jeffrey Toobin and to many middle-of-the-road-thinking people, that's just off limits. Well, in whose world? In what game? In what play? In what narrative, is it off limits to talk about racial bias?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #56 : May 11, 2007, 12:56:11 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040611

Found one juror's comment...

"I didn't understand the DNA stuff at all. To me, it was just a waste of time. It was way out there and carried no weight with me."

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #57 : May 11, 2007, 01:00:59 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040611

Found one juror's comment...

"I didn't understand the DNA stuff at all. To me, it was just a waste of time. It was way out there and carried no weight with me."

Ugh.......  [banghead]

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey O.J.............. NO STEAK FOR YOU!!!! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools