Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good News - Bad News « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : October 30, 2006, 03:57:51 PM

LIke the one in Clayton's hands, Galloway. If the Bucs only had receivers......
If the Giants only had a Tight End. How many games has that wussbag Shockey been injured for over the years? How many passes have hit Shockey's hands, then hit the ground over the years?

So you're saying the Bucs DO have good receivers?  Because Shockey has been to 3 ProBowls in his first 4 years...I guess you're right...Shockey sucks...

Gradkowski was hitting that deep ball...if Clayton and Gallowway haul int hose catches, they may still be playing.  But I guess you want to blame the QB for that too...fine...that's why he'll never do well in TB. It's fans like you that want to tear him apart.  If we had done the same to Eli when he started 1-6, then he may not be the good QB he is now.  Have patience for god's sake!!!
Shockey is over rated because of one play during the Hall of fame game, and that nut gusher Madden happened to be commentating it. Giants fans think he's the best, and he just isn't. Up and down from week to week, injury plagued career.

Eli10

Second String

#16 : October 30, 2006, 04:11:13 PM

If the Giants only had a Tight End. How many games has that wussbag Shockey been injured for over the years? How many passes have hit Shockey's hands, then hit the ground over the years?

So you're saying the Bucs DO have good receivers? Because Shockey has been to 3 ProBowls in his first 4 years...I guess you're right...Shockey sucks...

Gradkowski was hitting that deep ball...if Clayton and Gallowway haul int hose catches, they may still be playing. But I guess you want to blame the QB for that too...fine...that's why he'll never do well in TB. It's fans like you that want to tear him apart. If we had done the same to Eli when he started 1-6, then he may not be the good QB he is now. Have patience for god's sake!!!
Shockey is over rated because of one play during the Hall of fame game, and that nut gusher Madden happened to be commentating it. Giants fans think he's the best, and he just isn't. Up and down from week to week, injury plagued career.

Boy it's hard to say that when he's done so well. He has one season where he missed 7 games with a bad foot injury. 3 probowls...so it's not just NYG fans that think he's good. And I've got to say you guys put two linebackers on there on him...that's pretty decent respect for a guy that evidently isnt that good...c'mon, I'm not saying he's Tony Gonzalez good, but he's pretty damn good and unstoppable when he's on.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 31, 2006, 07:40:33 AM

Shockey is a TE with a little WR mentality.  Not sure you want to curb his enthusiasm, but looks like Coughlin has channeled it in a positive direction over the bye week...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 31, 2006, 07:43:07 AM

Eli10, good post! Your right, you all had patience with Eli and it's paying off. Most of these posters know very little about football. They would have already cut Big Ben by now.

Thanks Gharen - seems to me people want to blame Gradkowski for the loss when he would most likely be about 7th on that list. Perhaps Gruden can start calling some plays that make sense and put Gradkowski in better position. Since evidently, according to some's not getting it done. Especially if some "idiots" are calling for Rattay? Tim Rattay? HAHAHAA!

BTW, just in case you're wondering, Gradkowski helped set up that 62-yard FG for Matt Bryant.

If you think I was calling for Rattay... NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Eli10

Second String

#19 : October 31, 2006, 09:53:05 AM

Eli10, good post! Your right, you all had patience with Eli and it's paying off. Most of these posters know very little about football. They would have already cut Big Ben by now.

Thanks Gharen - seems to me people want to blame Gradkowski for the loss when he would most likely be about 7th on that list. Perhaps Gruden can start calling some plays that make sense and put Gradkowski in better position. Since evidently, according to some's not getting it done. Especially if some "idiots" are calling for Rattay? Tim Rattay? HAHAHAA!

BTW, just in case you're wondering, Gradkowski helped set up that 62-yard FG for Matt Bryant.

If you think I was calling for Rattay... NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

LOL - I was gonna say!!  Why not give Ken Dorsey a shot? perhaps Danny Wuerfful (aka Woeful?) 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 31, 2006, 09:57:38 AM

So you're saying the Bucs DO have good receivers?  Because Shockey has been to 3 ProBowls in his first 4 years...I guess you're right...Shockey sucks...

Gradkowski was hitting that deep ball...if Clayton and Gallowway haul int hose catches, they may still be playing.  But I guess you want to blame the QB for that too...fine...that's why he'll never do well in TB. It's fans like you that want to tear him apart.  If we had done the same to Eli when he started 1-6, then he may not be the good QB he is now.  Have patience for god's sake!!!

Gradkowski did have some off-kilter passes, but that wind was chaotic and had to alter the flight of the ball.  It DID alter the way the ball moved, but no excuses.  Grads had a few passes that were money that Joey dropped that were IN THE MITTS and he just flat out dropped them.  It might have been because the balls were FLOATING into his hands, either way, those drops were BIG BIG errors on Joeys fault.  Not Bruce at all.

The costly Caddy fumble, Joeys drops...that was a big reason for the failure of the Bucs Sunday.  There are defining moments in a game that kind of sum it all up, and those were it.  Caddy was just bobbling the ball out there.  Ah well.

On to next week.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 31, 2006, 05:56:21 PM

Three of his incompletions were definitely the receivers' fault. The rest were inaccurate and uncatchable by either team. The wind was a factor, for sure, but lack of interceptions is largely because Gradkowski throws where the players aren't, high and wide or in the dirt. The kids got grit, mobility, and decisiveness. Accuracy and arm strength? Not so much.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 31, 2006, 06:13:02 PM

Accuracy and arm strength? Not so much.

Ok arm strength is definetly an issue, but you can't knock his accuracy he set records for it in college.

Shaun King also set the NCAA record for passing efficiency.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 31, 2006, 06:04:07 PM

Ok arm strength is definetly an issue, but you can't knock his accuracy he set records for it in college.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 31, 2006, 06:18:04 PM

Grads had back to back 70% years which is VERY rare.  That suggests he can be highly accurate.   ;)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 31, 2006, 06:19:08 PM

Grads had back to back 70% years which is VERY rare. That suggests he can be highly accurate. ;)

Not disagreeing, just pointing out that college success does not always translate to the NFL.  Hopefully he hits 70% back to back in the NFL as well.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 01, 2006, 07:37:11 AM

Three of his incompletions were definitely the receivers' fault. The rest were inaccurate and uncatchable by either team. The wind was a factor, for sure, but lack of interceptions is largely because Gradkowski throws where the players aren't, high and wide or in the dirt. The kids got grit, mobility, and decisiveness. Accuracy and arm strength? Not so much.

I disagree.

To be able to throw three accurate deep passes in those conditions suggest his arm strength and accuracy are fine.  If he is inaccurate on the short throws that does not mean he has weak arm strength.  It means he needs to work on his accuracy on his short throws.  Which was his strength in college which I have confidence that he will improve on it.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 01, 2006, 08:12:09 AM

And he went 4-1 and 10-6 and still got replaced. Not to mention he broke scoring records for a 1/4 century old franchise in his firts full season of starts and fans for the most part stioll can't stand him.

No wonder they put all the blame on Grads-- it has never changed here in tampa-- it's always the QB's fault.

Grads will be fine if people are just patient with him. He has shown he can be mobile and has shown he can make all the throws at times and has shown he can manage a game and not cost the team with turnovers. Just look at what Peyton, Eli, Aikman, Favre, Young, Montana, Elway et al. did their respective 1 st seasons. Loom at how Leinart has struggled as well. Big Ben and Brady are the exceptions but they had damn good teams around them.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good News - Bad News « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools