Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's loyal followers.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: October 30, 2006, 11:28:21 AM

To all those Gruden Romantacists,

After yesterdays game, can you acknowledge Chucky's ability to screw things up?

48 pass attempts.. WITH A ROOKIE!! Anyone blaming Gradkowski for the loss is clueless.

One of the worst offenses in the league. What do you say to that?

Gruden has no strategy, he does a horrible job of building confidence. What is improving??????

WTF about running the ball? You HAVE TO RUN TO WIN, ESPECIALLY WITH A ROOKIE!!!

Gruden is an idiot. PLEASE let us get rid of this nut!!! [banghead]

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#1 : October 30, 2006, 11:29:37 AM

Alstott
Sowell
Graham
Caddy
Pittman

are they a part of the offense or are they pawns???

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 30, 2006, 11:32:24 AM

I know. What a frustrating situation.

Ever seen a rookie in the NFL throw 48 times? What a freaking JOKE!

His play calling rarely makes sense!!!

This sucks. Boo to Gruden for killing the fans and the players with BS playcalling!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 30, 2006, 11:33:59 AM

Alstott
Sowell
Graham
Caddy
Pittman

are they a part of the offense or are they pawns???

Sowell was inactive again.  Which meant when it came time for 3rd or 4th and short Gruden had no intention of giving Alstott a shot.

#4 : October 30, 2006, 11:34:20 AM

8 carries for 20 yards. 1 carry for 16 yards. Take the one carry away and Caddy had 7 carries for 4 yards. Caddy shouldve run the ball 15-20 times and Gradkowski shouldve only threw the ball about 35-40 times, but would thsoe numbers have made you any happier? Do you think Caddy gets more than his average of less than 1 yard per carry if he gets any more carries?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 30, 2006, 11:35:16 AM

DefenseWins, have you ever watched a game of football? We're talking American football, not futbol. Maybe you have them confused.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 30, 2006, 11:35:32 AM

I think Gruden would have served himself well by actually having a confrontational press conference. It was a fluff piece. They must have brought in the White House press corps.  ;D No one asked difficult questions. It allowed Gruden to contradict some of his own statements yesterday and some statements made by his own players and the Giants players. No one is making him answer the difficult questions.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 30, 2006, 11:35:37 AM

As a whole I did not like Gruden's play calling in yesterdays game.  He was too conservative early on and too aggressive as the game winded down.  He called one roll out with Grads but becuase of that blitz Gruden never went to it again unfortunately.  Which was a shame consdiering Grads could generate some yards on the ground with his feet.

Gruden tried to run the ball in the first quarter and use a lot of short throws with max protect.  Bucs had plenty of three and outs as a result.  Gruden decides to open it up in the second half by putting more WR's on the field and RB's out on routes.  The Bucs started to generate yards via the air and were moving the chains.

Second half rolls around and the Bucs continue to pass through the air.  Carnell had one big run becuase the passing game opened things up for him.  This is where I do not understand why Gruden did not use a lot more draw plays since the Giants were playing the pass so much.  If the Bucs continued to throw the ball and sprinkle in a whole bunch of draw plays with Carnell on the ground I think the results would have been better.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 30, 2006, 11:36:27 AM

8 carries for 20 yards. 1 carry for 16 yards. Take the one carry away and Caddy had 7 carries for 4 yards. Caddy shouldve run the ball 15-20 times and Gradkowski shouldve only threw the ball about 35-40 times, but would thsoe numbers have made you any happier? Do you think Caddy gets more than his average of less than 1 yard per carry if he gets any more carries?

I do, because that is Caddy's style.  He has to touch the ball a lot to break off those big runs.  Not only that, but it gets the OL engaged and opens up play-action.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 30, 2006, 11:36:33 AM

Sowell was inactive again.  Which meant when it came time for 3rd or 4th and short Gruden had no intention of giving Alstott a shot.

And he shouldn't have. I like Mike, but he's a shadow of his former self. And if you were watching closely on running plays, Pittman blocked a helluva lot better than our starting FB.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 30, 2006, 11:38:33 AM

The Giants at half time made adjustments to try to slow down the Bucs passing game.  Becuase in the second quarter the Bucs were able to move the ball through the air.  We all saw Carnell break off a big run as a result of that and that is why I am suprised Gruden did not call any more draw plays for Carnell. 

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 30, 2006, 11:41:55 AM

TurkeyDan, Have I ever watched football??!! Listen genious.... How many times have we lost when Caddy runs the ball over twenty times? 0!!

How did the Steelers manage their young QB in his first year- 20 attempts at best.

Even Peyton-Freakin'-Manning through A LOT for 38 attempts yesterday.

You do not put a rookie in this position!! IT IS SHAMEFUL.

Passing 48 times, and running for 8, is recipe for losing, EVERYTIME!!!!

#12 : October 30, 2006, 11:46:59 AM

Maybe thats because when Caddy is gaining less than 1 yard per carry we choose not to run. Its a catch 22, when we are running teh ball and setting up 3rd and 4s we are doing good and caddy is getting the ball and were winning. When we are running the ball and setting up 3rd and 8s, 3rd and 12s, we are not doing well and there is no reaosn to continue this and we end up losing a lot.

To compare the bUcs OL to the Steelers OL, well, explains your lack of thinking before you post.

Honestly, do you watch the games? Do you watch CAddy get his  for no gain every time he tocuhes the ball. I dont care if Caddy thrives off getting 20-25 carries, this offense doesnt. Not when Caddy is behind this OL.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 30, 2006, 11:49:37 AM

To compare the bUcs OL to the Steelers OL, well, explains your lack of thinking before you post.

The Steelers o-line has been horrible this year. 

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 30, 2006, 11:51:07 AM

You have to run it!! You just have to run it!!! It does not matter. You have to run the ball!!

I know it is tempting to get emotional/scared/impatient, but the only way to win is to run the ball.

With your attitude, It would be easy to make your team one dimensional. It's not like we have a veteran QB. You have to run the ball!

2nd half runs= 0!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's loyal followers.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools