Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's loyal followers.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 30, 2006, 12:23:42 PM

If you chose not to support your ideas, than it is really just garbage to me.

Ok then.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 30, 2006, 12:34:41 PM

RONDEBEAR--> "Nobody has blinders on but you. Nobody here including myself think the BUcs are any good. Tell me one coach that could win with this team. And I see yo ustill cant respond to the lack of draft pciks and cap room. No matter what platys Gruden called the BUcs werent going to win. I dont think the playcallin gwas good yesterday, but I am smart enough to have seen that it didnt matter. The Bucs were at a mismatch in every area on the field, and its not because the Ginats were a great team but the BUcs are a very bad one."

NOW THAT IS SOME DEPRESSING SHI*! Wow. I hate that attitude. Tell that to Bellichick, or any of the other coaches out there that actually coach and develop players. Your cynacism does not come as a surprise, yet I'm mystified that you'd admit it so plainly.

Your idea that it is the talent, and that no degree of coaching or gameplanning would result in wins is not one that I will ever subscribe to. You have to fight, not whine.

Let's not waste talent and careers by having tham chase their tales by the direction of their "genious" coach.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucsAddict

Starter

#32 : October 30, 2006, 12:36:06 PM

DefenseWins, have you ever watched a game of football? We're talking American football, not futbol. Maybe you have them confused.

We have 3 active Rbs in the game. He's pretty spot on.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#33 : October 30, 2006, 12:37:19 PM

The Giants at half time made adjustments to try to slow down the Bucs passing game.  Becuase in the second quarter the Bucs were able to move the ball through the air.  We all saw Carnell break off a big run as a result of that and that is why I am suprised Gruden did not call any more draw plays for Carnell. 

He did call another draw play for Caddy after the one big run....it was stuffed...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 30, 2006, 12:40:43 PM

To all those Gruden Romantacists,

After yesterdays game, can you acknowledge Chucky's ability to screw things up?

48 pass attempts.. WITH A ROOKIE!! Anyone blaming Gradkowski for the loss is clueless.

One of the worst offenses in the league. What do you say to that?

Gruden has no strategy, he does a horrible job of building confidence. What is improving??????

WTF about running the ball? You HAVE TO RUN TO WIN, ESPECIALLY WITH A ROOKIE!!!

Gruden is an idiot. PLEASE let us get rid of this nut!!! [banghead]

First off, it was not grads fault.

Secondly, run the ball into what, 8-9 man fronts geared up to stop the run? Run for what 35 x's 38 yards??? There was a concrete wall against the run. They were playing man on the outside the ENTIRE game. Grads couldn't loosen it up. Sure he had some drops but come on, he also looked awful, against man coverage. He was locking on to short throws and still couldnt even get them anywhere remotely close to catch for the would be WR's. Over their heads, hitting the turf, wide right, wide left, you name it. Gruden should have ran more but grads should have done a hell of  a lot better than 20-48, esp facing the defense he was. It was straight man coverage all day long and he couldn't complete anything.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 30, 2006, 12:43:34 PM

The Giants at half time made adjustments to try to slow down the Bucs passing game.  Becuase in the second quarter the Bucs were able to move the ball through the air.  We all saw Carnell break off a big run as a result of that and that is why I am suprised Gruden did not call any more draw plays for Carnell. 

He did call another draw play for Caddy after the one big run....it was stuffed...

That is correct but I was hopping Gruden would stick with a bit more.   Gruden called his best game in the New Orleans game in my opinion and that was main reason.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 30, 2006, 12:44:47 PM

FYI- Gradkowski is a rookie.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#37 : October 30, 2006, 12:45:59 PM

Gruden thought the best way to attack the Giants was through the air.  If two players make the plays they are paid to make and the Bucs win would anyone be arguing about the number of rush attempts?

The bottom line is to win you need receivers who can make clutch plays.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#38 : October 30, 2006, 12:50:23 PM

THe plays were there to be made.  All a coach can do is put players in the position to do what they are supposed to do.

And the game plan going in was not to throw that much but when you're down 14 points on the road to that team you go after their weakness, not their strength.

How many 3 and outs should Gruden have achieved by running for 1 yard before all you armchair idiots start saying he's too conservative?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 30, 2006, 12:54:40 PM

How many 3 and outs should Gruden have achieved by running for 1 yard before all you armchair idiots start saying he's too conservative?

But it's okay when we have 3 and outs due to the passing game?

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#40 : October 30, 2006, 12:57:18 PM

That is correct but I was hopping Gruden would stick with a bit more.   Gruden called his best game in the New Orleans game in my opinion and that was main reason.

Gruden does seem to give up on certain things after seeing it fail one time. ....I agree he called a good game vs NO.... He called a number of rollouts for Grads in the 1st half of that game, but has not called that many since.  I don't understand it. He wanted a mobile guy, now he has him but he doesn't take advantage of it as much as I thought he would

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 30, 2006, 12:58:46 PM

Gruden does seem to give up on certain things after seeing it fail one time. ....I agree he called a good game vs NO.... He called a number of rollouts for Grads in the 1st half of that game, but has not called that many since.  I don't understand it. He wanted a mobile guy, now he has him but he doesn't take advantage of it as much as I thought he would

That is what boggles my mind. 

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 30, 2006, 12:59:16 PM

Right. Clearly the only way back into that game was throwing it.

We needed to preserve the game-clock, get the defense 80 snaps. They need that.

We need to win the turnover battle. Throw with a rookie on a windy day 48 times. Throw on fourth and 1.

We need to develop this rookie. Let him experience the "thrill" of the pass rush.

We should let more teams dictate what we do. Famous Gru quote.."Either you feel or apply pressure"

While we're at it, let's put more money into a backfield that we do not use.

Like Naples, we should all wear our Chucky love t-shirts, and spray painted black-Chucky shades cuz the future is so bright!

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 30, 2006, 01:12:35 PM

Didn't the 76 0-14 team average close to 10 points per game?  That is about what this team is averaging on offense.

We need a new OC and a real GM to select talent.  Gruden is a good coach, but he bit off way more than he can chew with his 2003 owners meeting hissy fit. 

We should do what Seattle did, reduce the power of Holmgren and bring in a guy as capable as Ruskell to run the FO.  Let him select the talent and the coaches.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 30, 2006, 01:15:00 PM

BTW, (AND I LOVE POINTING THIS OUT TO GRUDEN LOVERS/HATE IT FOR THE STATE OF OUR OFFENSE) Gruden's offense is FAAAAR inferior to Dungy's(while her, not Indy)!!! It is gettin' ugly.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's loyal followers.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools