Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If I owned this team... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 30, 2006, 11:59:57 AM

I do not think the Glazers care about the past at this point.  Right now it appears that they are giving Gruden a chance to put it together in 2007.  Lots of draft picks, new One Buc Place, and lots of cap space.

2007 will be Gruden's make or break year in my opinion.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 30, 2006, 12:03:38 PM

I do not think the Glazers care about the past at this point.  Right now it appears that they are giving Gruden a chance to put it together in 2007.  Lots of draft picks, new One Buc Place, and lots of cap space.

The Glazers (sons) proved they were smarter about football than people gave them credit for. As it turns out -- at least in regards to their thoughts on coaching -- they were smarter than Tony Dungy, smarter than Rich McKay, and smarter than most of the fans as well.

#17 : October 30, 2006, 12:05:21 PM

I agree, you can get fired after winning a super bowl. Sure seems Shanahan has ahd a lot of time, and has had little success since then. Hes been criticized a lot by fans, but the people who matter are smart enough to see he is a great coach and continue sto put good teams on the field.

Cowher didnt win a SUper Bowl for 10 years, but why wasnt he fired? His team went 5-11 in 2004. Does that mean he was a bad coach? Does anyone remember how bad his OL was that year? His smart owners stuck by him and he has prove dto the doubters he is a good coach.

Th egame can pas syou by, but not after 4 years. More like 10-15 years. You dont go from greatest coach in the world to bad caoch in 4 years. He won a division last year too, but why mention that?

I may be the biggest gruden supporter or apologist but I will be critical of him when he has the opportunity that all other NFL teams have to put talent on the field

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 30, 2006, 12:07:06 PM

The Glazers (sons) proved they were smarter about football than people gave them credit for. As it turns out -- at least in regards to their thoughts on coaching -- they were smarter than Tony Dungy, smarter than Rich McKay, and smarter than most of the fans as well.

If they feel Gruden should be fired and the Bucs need to go in another direction so be it.  I will trust them becuase it is their money and they are the professionals.   If they decide to stick with Gruden I will not doubt them either with a decision like that.

WILLBLEE

Starter

#19 : October 30, 2006, 12:10:12 PM

Actually if Gru were fired this far into the season by you, none other than Kiffin would be his replacement.
As far as the OC goes, who then?...Maybe Doug Will. knows a few plays.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 30, 2006, 12:10:37 PM

I can't even bring myself to reply to your comments RondeBear.. Sorry, that explanation is a bit antiquated.

I'm embarassed for you.

What's funny is I'm embarassed for you. Your way of bringing this MB down is unwanted on here, go back to the regular BUc board and bash Gruden. 90% of the people on here like Gruden and want hims to be the caoch for a long time. Screaming for his job after a loss isn't going to improve anything, you can't go firing coaches every 5 years and expect greatness.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 30, 2006, 12:11:44 PM

Awesome All_da_way. Way to go down with the ship.

Yeah, obviously, ownership has made the right decision. 2-5.

And definitely, Ronde Bear, you cannot ever fire a coach who one the super bowl.

Good talking with you guys.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 30, 2006, 12:11:58 PM

Actually if Gru were fired this far into the season by you, none other than Kiffin would be his replacement.
As far as the OC goes, who then?...Maybe Doug Will. knows a few plays.

Uh, no. I'm not convinced that Monte Kiffin is a good choice for HC. I think he's at his best level right now.

#23 : October 30, 2006, 12:12:22 PM

Defensewins, were you saying Gruden needs to go after 2002 or 2005?

Do you realize he hasnt had cap room since hes been here, didnt have talented young players because of wasted drafts or do you think the talent to win is here and Gruden isnt getting it done>?

I really dont care if you cant respond to me. I know the reason. Because you are wrong. You have no explanation for the lack of cap room and draft picks. I bet you wouldve fired Bill Cowher 5 years ago.

And I dont know why you had to make multiple threads that all state the same idiocy

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 30, 2006, 12:13:46 PM

Awesome All_da_way. Way to go down with the ship.

Yeah, obviously, ownership has made the right decision. 2-5.

And definitely, Ronde Bear, you cannot ever fire a coach who one the super bowl.

Good talking with you guys.

Ownership makes decision based on the long term not the short term.  I do not think the Glazers woke up one morning and said they should buy Manchester United for fun.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 30, 2006, 12:13:58 PM

KeeponBuc'n. You are right. I'm sorry to be so depressing. My bad. This 2-5 season is a load of fun without me around.

Do you and Lewis share those pom-poms? Ra Ra Ra.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 30, 2006, 12:21:39 PM

KeeponBuc'n. You are right. I'm sorry to be so depressing. My bad. This 2-5 season is a load of fun without me around.

Do you and Lewis share those pom-poms? Ra Ra Ra.

you're missing the entire point. Being 2-5 isn't fun but you have to look at all variables in this not just Gruden sucks and needs to be fired. Honestly, what would that prove?

it's all about perspective and the way you react to adversity shows alot about what you are as a man. Just because shlt goes wrong doesn't mean you start firing people. Bill Cower would've never won a SB if you owned the Steelers. They had patience and looked at all variables not just, he threw 50 times with a rookie in 40MPH wind.

The Bucs have the hardest schedule in the NFL with a rookie QB and youth laden offense. You can't have high expectaitons and it's clear that yours are too high at this point. It's all about perspective and you've got none, it's painfully obvious.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 30, 2006, 12:22:41 PM

Order your Chucky-Love T-shirt today.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 30, 2006, 12:23:20 PM

Your reasoning is laced with fear. It is disapointing. We should be proud of our Buccaneer team. Defend it as you should.

This guy squanders opportunity, implements poor game-plans, and leaves on-lookers mystified as it is not within reasoned comprehension wtf he is trying to do.

Give me a reason why he is a good coach TODAY! I do not think it would be difficult to fing a coach who could inspire us to a better than 2-5 record. Gimme a break.

Maybe Bill Cowher could oh wait-- he has a SB team that is reeling right now.

I think we all can agree Gruden abandoned the run too early. But to say his platycalling was horrid enough to fire him is stupid-- Would you styill say the same thing if Clayton catches the ball in the endzone- Galloway catches his in the redzone, Galloway catches another in the redzone. And Clayton doesn't fumble in FG range nor does Becht at midfield. Those 4 plays could have won the game and if they did you wouldn't even be posting this.

Yes Gruden should have run the ball more but the plays were there to win this game and WR's and TE's didn't make the plays.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 30, 2006, 12:25:44 PM

If I oowned this team, I'd fire Gruden's ASS today.

There is seemingly nothing to build on, nothing to look forward to week after week.

We need some serious revision in philosophy and gametime management.

YUUUUUUUUUUCK.
How is there NOTHING to build on??

1. Young Oline that is starting to show improvement.
2. Last year's ROY in the backfield.
3. At this point, 3 of the top 60 picks in the '07 draft
4. 25+ million in cap room for '07

Now go back to the Gruden bashing board. Leave this place for knowledgable Bucs fans

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If I owned this team... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools