Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would be the short list of coaching candidates??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

T

Hall of Famer

: May 13, 2007, 02:59:39 PM

Only options should be a proven NFL Head Coach

Bill Cowher
Marty Schottenheimer
Mike Martz
Bill Belichick(The Patriots do not disclose the lenght of their coaches contracts, so rumor has it he maybe available)
Denny Green
MIke Sherman

No college coaches!

Denny Green & Mike Sherman? Just say NO!!! to retreads!!!
I wouldn't mind either. Denny Green and Sherman both took teams into the playoffs consistently, something our current coaching staff has not been able to do. Bill Belichick was a retread after being ran out of Cleveland, so don't be so quick to say no to giving a quality coach another try. If Lovie Smith wasn't given a contract extension I would love to have seen him here. I just don't think there is a college coach out there worth being brought in and would like to see a proven winner brought in.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#1 : May 11, 2007, 09:31:16 AM

Ok, so I am a Pro-Gruden fan and do not want to see a coaching change. That said, I wonder who the people that want to see a coaching change would like to bring in?

[Note: Kiffin has rejected numerous head coaching jobs, doesn't want that limelight and is in his mid 60s. I doubt he'd be a realistic candidate, not cause of the age, mostly the fact he hasn't shown any desire to be a head coach].

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#2 : May 11, 2007, 09:32:14 AM

Well if Gruden was gone, i wouldn't mind making a bid for Cowher if he's interested in coming back to the NFL, but Gru just fits as a buccaneer

Footballer

Rookie

#3 : May 11, 2007, 09:59:08 AM

I don't want a change but if I had to choose, I'd go with Dan Marino.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 11, 2007, 10:03:23 AM

Well if Gruden was gone, i wouldn't mind making a bid for Cowher if he's interested in coming back to the NFL, but Gru just fits as a buccaneer
One thing I like about Cowher is the Steelers always drafted well while he was there. I don't know how much say he had over the selections, but the results speak for themselves.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Iyas

Rookie

#5 : May 11, 2007, 10:06:24 AM

maybe the problem is not the head coach but the scout.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 11, 2007, 10:07:59 AM

maybe the problem is not the head coach but the scout.
If the head coach or GM doesn't do anything about the scout(s), it becomes their problem.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 11, 2007, 10:08:17 AM

Cowher is gonna be the guy sitting on the streets that gets a lot of coaches fired as owners scramble to get him. Lil' Danny Snyder will be tossing crazy amount of cash at him I'm sure.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#8 : May 11, 2007, 10:17:37 AM

Cowher is gonna be the guy sitting on the streets that gets a lot of coaches fired as owners scramble to get him. Lil' Danny Snyder will be tossing crazy amount of cash at him I'm sure.

that would be danny's best move ever -- and i think it would be a great fit for the DC hogs. i hadn't pictured him in DC, i keep thinking he's destined for the giants job after coughlin goofs it up again.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 11, 2007, 10:20:31 AM

that would be danny's best move ever -- and i think it would be a great fit for the DC hogs. i hadn't pictured him in DC, i keep thinking he's destined for the giants job after coughlin goofs it up again.
A lot of people think Fox is on thin ice in Carolina and Cowher is currently living in Raleigh.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#10 : May 11, 2007, 10:23:06 AM

Anyone who does not use the WCO and someone who thinks defense wins Championships.
Cower knew what loyalty from an owner is like and I can't see him going to the Skins regardless of the money, Snyder is too hands on and does not have the knowledge of say a Jerry Jones. Gruden would be great for Washington, he also likes taking players that used to be good and is not a very good judge of talent.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 11, 2007, 10:23:48 AM

A lot of people think Fox is on thin ice in Carolina and Cowher is currently living in Raleigh.

Well and you figure that you are gonna get this scenario. Fox goes, say, 8-8. Might not normally be enough to can him BUT if your choice is fire him this year and get Cowher (or a shot at him) or wait until next year and get ???? do some owners get a bit more liberal in their view of what constitutes a fireable offense?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

westexbucfan

Second String

#12 : May 11, 2007, 10:26:36 AM

I think its sad that were even having this conversation. With that said another bad year and we will need one. I don't know who would be best, but I do know that Mike Martz is looking and I hope we STAY AWAY... His attitude is not needed here. You know he was labeled a guru but with all the talent that Vermil built he had it pretty easy, kind of like Barry Switzer and Dallas after JJ left. After a few years removed from Vermil St. Luis declined just like Dallas did.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 11, 2007, 10:28:45 AM

good topic for the sake of offseason speculation...

i like Richt from GA, Stoops, missed Petrino already but i'm bettin' he'll do a good job once he gets a QB, Butch Davis (i don't know why but i like him), the guy from Iowa, Charlie Weiss, the guy from USC that didn't take the Raider job,

...developing...

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#14 : May 11, 2007, 10:33:08 AM

Way too early for this discussion at least wait for the first loss in preseason
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would be the short list of coaching candidates??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools