Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would be the short list of coaching candidates??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#15 : May 11, 2007, 10:39:26 AM

good topic for the sake of offseason speculation...

i like Richt from GA, Stoops, missed Petrino already but i'm bettin' he'll do a good job once he gets a QB, Butch Davis (i don't know why but i like him), the guy from Iowa, Charlie Weiss, the guy from USC that didn't take the Raider job,

...developing...

Weiss would be a good candidate, thats for sure

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 11, 2007, 10:54:29 AM

If this organization was to hire Cower it would be a huge mistake.  The D is take care of by a guy named KIFFIN!!!  Cower doesnt control the O very well so why bring him in as a coach?  If your are going to hire a D minded head coach then bump Kiffin to head coach and let him trin a D coordinator while hireing the best OC in the league.  Either that or bring in another O minded head coach!!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 11, 2007, 10:58:55 AM

Weiss would be a good candidate, thats for sure
The only thing Weis is a candidate to do is make opposing quarterbacks into Heisman winners and/or 1st round draft picks.

If this organization was to hire Cower it would be a huge mistake. The D is take care of by a guy named KIFFIN!!! Cower doesnt control the O very well so why bring him in as a coach? If your are going to hire a D minded head coach then bump Kiffin to head coach and let him trin a D coordinator while hireing the best OC in the league. Either that or bring in another O minded head coach!!!
In the last 5 years two of Cowher's offensive coordinators have become head coaches of other teams.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 11, 2007, 11:09:12 AM

Schottzy, I don't believe in that playoff jinx crap. He turned around a pretty dismal Charger team.

#19 : May 11, 2007, 11:10:38 AM

assuming Monte stays, i'd go for the mad scientist, Mike Martz.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 11, 2007, 11:30:44 AM

seriously? Wow, interesting. I wouldn't want Martz anywhere near this team. You all think Gruden has an ego, that dude is off the charts.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#21 : May 11, 2007, 01:56:00 PM

First, I want Gruden to stay, but if it gets bad there are a lot of big name coaches that are going to be available. Cowher has to be #1 on the list. It appears that Jeff Fisher is not going to renew his contract that expires at the end of this season. He would be my 2nd choice. Schottenheimer is available, Parcells, Marriuchi, not to mention the normal cast of college coaches. The one assistant that I think will be a star is Mike Singletary! Knowing the Glazers, I think they would make a major run at Cowher or Fisher.

#22 : May 11, 2007, 02:04:19 PM

seriously? Wow, interesting. I wouldn't want Martz anywhere near this team. You all think Gruden has an ego, that dude is off the charts.

Surely he does but i don't care about the ego, i care about production. And like i said, thats only if Monte remains.

Joe Barry anyone?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 11, 2007, 02:04:38 PM

Nick Saban.  We can trust him with the long term future of the franchise.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 11, 2007, 02:05:22 PM

Surely he does but i don't care about the ego, i care about production. And like i said, thats only if Monte remains.

Joe Barry anyone?

Along the lines of Mike Martz but with a little less ego... Norm Chow.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 11, 2007, 02:08:25 PM

Joe Barry anyone?

meh, Martz is a little too much for my liking. I'd love to see Joe as a HC, especially in Pewter if Jon doesn't work out.

Having said that I feel Jon's going to be here for a long time.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 11, 2007, 02:11:07 PM

<click>   ::)

bucs1

Practice Squad
#27 : May 11, 2007, 04:42:47 PM

Joe Barry would be a good choice for our new coach if Gruden is fired.  He'll eventually be an NFL head coach in the future.  We might as well make him our head coach before any other team does.  Plus, he's very familiar with our team and the way that we do things.  He would fit in great with the Bucs.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#28 : May 11, 2007, 04:56:40 PM

Urban Meyer.......

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#29 : May 11, 2007, 04:57:20 PM

Urban Meyer.......

please tell me this is a sarcastic response
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would be the short list of coaching candidates??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools