Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would be the short list of coaching candidates??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bucDsystem

Starter

#30 : May 11, 2007, 04:58:41 PM

mike shanahan... u can't believe how bad i want mike shanahan

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

bucDsystem

Starter

#31 : May 11, 2007, 04:59:18 PM

assuming Monte stays, i'd go for the mad scientist, Mike Martz.
off topic i luv the sig

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

Badabingnrt

Starter

#32 : May 11, 2007, 05:04:40 PM

if we can't have Gruden, I would like....

Monte Kiffin to be the head coach, controlling the defense.  Promote somebody like Coyer or Morris to DC, but in reality Kiffin is still the main guy on D.

then hire somebody like Mike Martz, Mike Murlarcky, or Scott Linehan to controll the offense.  I understand some of them are under contract, but I cant see Kiffin calling offensive plays...

However, I do like Gruden to stay here for a long time.

Hit-55

Starter

#33 : May 11, 2007, 05:08:43 PM

Master Mind Bill in NE is in the last year of his contract. I'd take him and his whole staff. Bring the GM and and everyone. They know how to run a team. Regardless of the Moss deal they still know how to run the cap and make the team competitive with what ever they put on the field. Don't think he'll ever get out of NE but if he did that who I'd want. Maybe he can even bring Brady (Ha, Ha)

Fire the cannons!!!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : May 11, 2007, 05:25:22 PM

Surely he does but i don't care about the ego, i care about production. And like i said, thats only if Monte remains.
Joe Barry anyone?

meh, Martz is a little too much for my liking. I'd love to see Joe as a HC, especially in Pewter if Jon doesn't work out.

Having said that I feel Jon's going to be here for a long time.
Joe Barry would be a good choice for our new coach if Gruden is fired.  He'll eventually be an NFL head coach in the future.  We might as well make him our head coach before any other team does. Plus, he's very familiar with our team and the way that we do things. He would fit in great with the Bucs.

He needs to prove himself as a DC first.  Tomlin was the stronger of the two IMO.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 11, 2007, 05:22:03 PM

[Note: Kiffin has rejected numerous head coaching jobs, doesn't want that limelight and is in his mid 60s. I doubt he'd be a realistic candidate, not cause of the age, mostly the fact he hasn't shown any desire to be a head coach].

The difference is that this is the Bucs.  He knows the players, and wouldn't have to uproot his life.  So I wouldn't completely rule it out.  He may decide that its his one and only shot at being a head coach without having to move to San Diego or something.   

On the other hand Monte makes every effort to get as far away as he can from the public spotlight.  Being the head coach would be a big change in that department.  So I'm not predicting that Monte would take the job if offered, and that would be no certainty.  I'm just not dismissing it out of hand.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 11, 2007, 05:27:35 PM

I would have loved for us to have picked up Tomlin this year

bucs1

Practice Squad
#37 : May 11, 2007, 05:30:58 PM

Since we let Mike Tomlin get away from us this year, I say that if Gruden is fired we hire Joe Barry as our coach before he ends up being a head coach somewhere else.  He knows our system and he knows what we do.  He would be a good fit because the Bucs wouldn't really have to start all over again and they would have someone that they are familiar with.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#38 : May 11, 2007, 05:40:24 PM

Don't get too excited about these guys like Marinelli, Barry or Tomlin until we see how they actually do.  Just because you are a good position coach doesn't make you a good head coach.  Neither of those guys was ever a coordinator until now, well Tomlin for what one year?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#39 : May 11, 2007, 05:41:52 PM

Weiss or Cowher, but that's only when Gruden retires.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 11, 2007, 05:42:34 PM

I'd vote for Cowher.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 11, 2007, 05:44:26 PM

Since we let Mike Tomlin get away from us this year, I say that if Gruden is fired we hire Joe Barry as our coach before he ends up being a head coach somewhere else. He knows our system and he knows what we do. He would be a good fit because the Bucs wouldn't really have to start all over again and they would have someone that they are familiar with.

If we have to fire Gruden then we might as well start all over.  No more hanging on to the past.  This includes Kiffin.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#42 : May 11, 2007, 05:45:54 PM

Since we let Mike Tomlin get away from us this year, I say that if Gruden is fired we hire Joe Barry as our coach before he ends up being a head coach somewhere else. He knows our system and he knows what we do. He would be a good fit because the Bucs wouldn't really have to start all over again and they would have someone that they are familiar with.

If we have to fire Gruden then we might as well start all over.  No more hanging on to the past.  This includes Kiffin.
Good point!!! But I'd hate to see Monte go.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : May 11, 2007, 06:39:48 PM

CLICK!!!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#44 : May 11, 2007, 06:57:47 PM

I vote Parcells or Dennis Green. or Chicago Bears defenisve coordiantor that is in SD right now

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would be the short list of coaching candidates??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools