Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready for some new posters... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 12, 2007, 04:01:49 PM

^No.  This is the original Snook from the Spit:  http://www.snookangler.com/johnprofile.html

BucNGator

Starter

#31 : May 14, 2007, 12:54:03 PM

I came over here last year from the SPiT because the lack of moderation invited chaos.  The board goes back 11 years or so, and was full of extremely knowlegable posters, who've long since left because of the same reasons.

The few that remained, endured the nonsense.... so I guess we were glutton for punishment.  But as bad as it ever was, it didn't reach the stupidity level of the "official" board (Which I left before PG became a mod... thank goodness).

Snook, while a great read..... and a pretty smart guy, tells some pretty tall tales, that lead to threads of epic battles and hilarous reading.  The smack usually didn't get too personal, and was cerebral in nature, so it was funny......

It was a fun 11 years...... but now it's gone!! RIP ACQB (Arm Chair QB)...... I know there's quite a few posters already here, and I hope a select few also wander over.

With the local papers doing little more than reporting from behind a desk, this site is definately the place to get your Buccaneer fix!!

..and Skull, you forgot to post the "official" Snook pic, which we loved to give him a hard time about!!

http://www.snookangler.com/snookangler%20art/visitor%20pics,%20full%20size/sundown.jpg

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 14, 2007, 05:22:34 PM

most of the regulars are going here:  http://www.bucschat.com/index.php

all Buc fans welcome.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 16, 2007, 08:15:47 AM

I did it.  I had the last post on the St. Pete Times forums at 7:57am this morning.  Something about Gary Shelton performing oral sex.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#34 : May 20, 2007, 10:59:44 AM

I am fairly a new poster and came over from the Yahoo sports message boards as well as the Tampa Forums, and both places were garbage with alot of immature nonsense going on to the point it was no fun to post anymore. This place is awesome when it comes to Buccaneer talk and football in general, but I could really do without all the other junk that several people are spreading all around here.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 20, 2007, 12:20:34 AM

FWIW....the biggest problem with the SPiT was the presence of at least one poster who posted under about 20 different aliases making threads hard to follow. Often he was answering his own posts.

Snook's posts were both funny and inflaming and I doubt the PR guys would stand for at least some of it.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 20, 2007, 12:57:13 AM

Hmmmm...no mods, no content control, old timers flaming folks, multiple posters carrying on conversations with themselves, crude language...I wonder why they failed, er... I mean, closed?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

replica

Hall of Famer
#37 : May 20, 2007, 08:47:00 AM

I was a member years ago, probably 2000-2001, it was a great place to get tickets. The conversations were ok, but then the board was shut down. I have not attempted to check it in years.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready for some new posters... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools