Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ellis Wyms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

: November 01, 2006, 10:44:13 AM

We could have had Victor Adeyanju(DE) in the 3rd round this year. He has played since week one in St Lois and his stats are pretty good.

The killer is Mark Anderson (6.5 sacks last I looked) was there when we took Julian Jenkins (6.5 splinters in his a$$). That's a case where we were looking for a DL and he was there and the team didn't pull the trigger on a guy who looks a lot better than Jenkins.

But look at the players that surround Mark Anderson! He's in a great situation rotating in and out, I don't think he'd be as good here. But Julian Jenkins was a bad pick, no doubt.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 30, 2006, 01:24:26 PM

If he's not careful he might force us to take UT off the draft priority list. This guy has really helped the D out the last few weeks and is getting consistent pressure on the QB. If he keeps it up we might have found our answer.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 30, 2006, 01:25:36 PM

If he's not careful he might force us to take UT off the draft priority list. This guy has really helped the D out the last few weeks and is getting consistent pressure on the QB. If he keeps it up we might have found our answer.

Yeah.  I don't think UT is nearly as big a need as some do.  Wyms is playing it like it's supposed to be played. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 30, 2006, 01:32:49 PM

I'd still like us to draft a stud UT.  It can only help with more pressure and better rotation...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 30, 2006, 01:39:39 PM

I'd still like us to draft a stud UT.  It can only help with more pressure and better rotation...

But at what cost?  Do you mean in the 1st or the 1st day?  I wouldn't mind one in the 3rd round.  With Wyms playing like he is, it gives us a lot more flexibility on draft day.  We're going to need a corner, a DE, and a linebacker.  I think those needs move ahead of UT if Wyms continues to play like he is. 

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#5 : October 30, 2006, 01:46:21 PM

he is the team leader in sacks with 4 sacks :)

i say we still draft one, maybe somebody that can move to DE but mainly DT, the booger trade was a good thing

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 30, 2006, 01:53:55 PM

I'd still like us to draft a stud UT. It can only help with more pressure and better rotation...

But at what cost? Do you mean in the 1st or the 1st day? I wouldn't mind one in the 3rd round. With Wyms playing like he is, it gives us a lot more flexibility on draft day. We're going to need a corner, a DE, and a linebacker. I think those needs move ahead of UT if Wyms continues to play like he is.

Add Safety and a fast WR to your list.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 30, 2006, 01:55:21 PM

Larry Brackins can play both positions.   ;D

acacius

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 30, 2006, 01:56:39 PM

I'd still like us to draft a stud UT. It can only help with more pressure and better rotation...

But at what cost? Do you mean in the 1st or the 1st day? I wouldn't mind one in the 3rd round. With Wyms playing like he is, it gives us a lot more flexibility on draft day. We're going to need a corner, a DE, and a linebacker. I think those needs move ahead of UT if Wyms continues to play like he is.

Hopefully we'll be able to fill at LEAST one of those with a reasonably young free agent this offseason.  We'll really need some of those to help alleviate the positions that need addressing on draft day.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 30, 2006, 03:02:49 PM

Larry Brackins can play both positions.   ;D

And punt, too.

WILLBLEE

Starter

#10 : October 30, 2006, 05:04:04 PM

Larry Brackins can play both positions. ;D

Holy moly, this "Larry stuff" has been pounded to death..!!!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#11 : October 30, 2006, 05:11:53 PM

I thought our DL played really well on Sunday.

Wyms has been looking good all season. With more snaps he generates more production which is really nice. Him getting pressure has helped the rest of the defense as well. Hopefully we'll get another solid UT in the first day of the draft but not the 1st round. We can't afford to spend that pick on a DT. Definately a DE though if we are in position.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 30, 2006, 05:22:50 PM

Wyms, as many thought is really playing well. It took a trade to get him in there full-time but I think he has played very well. What is it, 3 sacks the past 3 games or something?

Baghead #2

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 30, 2006, 05:28:15 PM

I thought our DL played really well on Sunday.

Wyms has been looking good all season. With more snaps he generates more production which is really nice. Him getting pressure has helped the rest of the defense as well. Hopefully we'll get another solid UT in the first day of the draft but not the 1st round. We can't afford to spend that pick on a DT. Definately a DE though if we are in position.

I dont watch much College Football, but the general perception seems to be that there are no Pass Rush DT's worth taking in the First Round, whereas there are two DE's that are worth taking called Quentin Moses and Gaines Adams.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 30, 2006, 05:36:55 PM

wyms was in on like every play.. it was a good move to get him in there.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ellis Wyms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools