Boards > The Red Board

Ellis Wyms

(1/4) > >>

CeriousBuc:

--- Quote from: dalbuc on November 01, 2006, 08:59:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bucs United on October 31, 2006, 07:45:35 PM ---We could have had Victor Adeyanju(DE) in the 3rd round this year. He has played since week one in St Lois and his stats are pretty good.

--- End quote ---

The killer is Mark Anderson (6.5 sacks last I looked) was there when we took Julian Jenkins (6.5 splinters in his a$$). That's a case where we were looking for a DL and he was there and the team didn't pull the trigger on a guy who looks a lot better than Jenkins.

--- End quote ---

But look at the players that surround Mark Anderson! He's in a great situation rotating in and out, I don't think he'd be as good here. But Julian Jenkins was a bad pick, no doubt.

gharen:
If he's not careful he might force us to take UT off the draft priority list. This guy has really helped the D out the last few weeks and is getting consistent pressure on the QB. If he keeps it up we might have found our answer.

leeroybuc93:

--- Quote from: gharen on October 30, 2006, 01:24:26 PM ---If he's not careful he might force us to take UT off the draft priority list. This guy has really helped the D out the last few weeks and is getting consistent pressure on the QB. If he keeps it up we might have found our answer.

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  I don't think UT is nearly as big a need as some do.  Wyms is playing it like it's supposed to be played. 

cheveliar:
I'd still like us to draft a stud UT.  It can only help with more pressure and better rotation...

leeroybuc93:

--- Quote from: Cheveliar on October 30, 2006, 01:32:49 PM ---I'd still like us to draft a stud UT.  It can only help with more pressure and better rotation...

--- End quote ---

But at what cost?  Do you mean in the 1st or the 1st day?  I wouldn't mind one in the 3rd round.  With Wyms playing like he is, it gives us a lot more flexibility on draft day.  We're going to need a corner, a DE, and a linebacker.  I think those needs move ahead of UT if Wyms continues to play like he is. 

Mohawkbucs:
he is the team leader in sacks with 4 sacks :)

i say we still draft one, maybe somebody that can move to DE but mainly DT, the booger trade was a good thing

finnbluebucs:

--- Quote from: LeeroyBuc on October 30, 2006, 01:39:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cheveliar on October 30, 2006, 01:32:49 PM ---I'd still like us to draft a stud UT. It can only help with more pressure and better rotation...

--- End quote ---

But at what cost? Do you mean in the 1st or the 1st day? I wouldn't mind one in the 3rd round. With Wyms playing like he is, it gives us a lot more flexibility on draft day. We're going to need a corner, a DE, and a linebacker. I think those needs move ahead of UT if Wyms continues to play like he is.

--- End quote ---

Add Safety and a fast WR to your list.

mjs020294:

--- Quote from: Patrik Leskinen on October 30, 2006, 01:53:55 PM ---Add Safety and a fast WR to your list.

--- End quote ---

Larry Brackins can play both positions.   ;D

acacius:

--- Quote from: LeeroyBuc on October 30, 2006, 01:39:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cheveliar on October 30, 2006, 01:32:49 PM ---I'd still like us to draft a stud UT. It can only help with more pressure and better rotation...

--- End quote ---

But at what cost? Do you mean in the 1st or the 1st day? I wouldn't mind one in the 3rd round. With Wyms playing like he is, it gives us a lot more flexibility on draft day. We're going to need a corner, a DE, and a linebacker. I think those needs move ahead of UT if Wyms continues to play like he is.

--- End quote ---

Hopefully we'll be able to fill at LEAST one of those with a reasonably young free agent this offseason.  We'll really need some of those to help alleviate the positions that need addressing on draft day.

DanTurksGhost:

--- Quote from: Bucs United on October 30, 2006, 01:55:21 PM ---Larry Brackins can play both positions.   ;D

--- End quote ---

And punt, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version