Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Legit Shot « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 14, 2007, 11:16:19 AM

I don't see Simms not on this team unless maybe Jake shows up.  Gruden has lamented the fact that they were so inexperienced at QB last year.  I don't see him backing up Garcia with a second year player and an UDFA.

That second year player grossly outplayed Simms last year. Would you trust simms with the helm of the bobsled?
Grossly outplayed? That's just Simms hatred spewing. I think some of you fans grossly underestimated the Ravens, and had that game chalked up as a win when the schedule came out. Even after they signed McNair the average fan thought he was washed up, and still wrote win next to Baltimore on the schedule. When the Buccs got schooled, you all needed to find someone to blame. You chose Simms. I'm sure it's Simms' fault the Buccs gave up 300 yards rushing to Atlanta? I know I saw Simms pull out a knife and cut his own spleen out during Carolina...no it wasn't the Line's fault.

^
What he said

well stated I might add

I admit, I am not a big Simms fan, but he does at least give us the long ball. He could be good. he could stay the same. TC and pre season is where we will find out.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 14, 2007, 11:31:55 AM

Grossly outplayed?

Yeah, find me another starting QB with as bad a TD:INT ratio as Simms. Boo-hoo the Ravens have a tough defense, well they're on the schedule. The Birds have an awful pass D so he should have feasted on that. He didn't - 0 Td's and 3 INTs, 53% completion.

Simms 4th year player 1 TD, 7 INT
Grads Rookie player     9TD, 9 INT

Rookie QB's are awful so to be so much worse than the rookie says a lot about who Simms is.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 14, 2007, 11:44:10 AM

I don't see Simms not on this team unless maybe Jake shows up. Gruden has lamented the fact that they were so inexperienced at QB last year. I don't see him backing up Garcia with a second year player and an UDFA.

That second year player grossly outplayed Simms last year. Would you trust simms with the helm of the bobsled?

Simms' production in '05 was far superior to Gradkowski's last season. It's anybody's guess as to who will show up and perform at a decent level and who Gruden will throw in the fire if Garcia gets hurt. Maybe next year we will draft our "franchise QB of the future". I don't see anyone who fits that description on our roster now. I still believe we will live to regret not attempting to sign Carr when we had the chance.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#18 : May 14, 2007, 11:44:19 AM

I don't see Simms not on this team unless maybe Jake shows up. Gruden has lamented the fact that they were so inexperienced at QB last year. I don't see him backing up Garcia with a second year player and an UDFA.

He outplayed Simms against the top rated defense in the Ravens or against a team that got 300+ yards on the ground.
Last year was Grad's first year in the NFL, and you would expect rookie mistakes. Experiance is not going to give him a better arm, or a few inches in height. There is a reason he was the second to the last QB taken in the draft, and if we didn't take him he probably would have been undrafted. Scrambling ability is overrated, other than Young and Favre winning 1 SB each, what other QB that can run well won a SB? Manning, Brady, Aikman, Brad can't run in fact I can outrun any of them. I guess Big ben can run too, but he threw for under 45% completion and 2 ints and no TD so they won inspite of him.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#19 : May 14, 2007, 11:44:58 AM

no shot at making the team

big_JLB

Starter

#20 : May 14, 2007, 11:48:55 AM

Grossly outplayed?

Yeah, find me another starting QB with as bad a TD:INT ratio as Simms. Boo-hoo the Ravens have a tough defense, well they're on the schedule. The Birds have an awful pass D so he should have feasted on that. He didn't - 0 Td's and 3 INTs, 53% completion.

Grads Rookie player 9TD, 9 INT

Rookie QB's are awful so to be so much worse than the rookie says a lot about who Simms is.

the ravens have a terrible pass defense? last time i checked chris mccallister, ed reed and samari rolle played in the raven's secondary. but you know, they're all terrible ::)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 14, 2007, 11:51:26 AM

the ravens have a terrible pass defense? last time i checked chris mccallister, ed reed and samari rolle played in the raven's secondary. but you know, they're all terrible ::)

Ravens have a tough pass defense, the Birds (aka the Falcons) don't and Simms sucked the pipe vs them as well so apparently the quality of opposition wasn't his excuse.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

big_JLB

Starter

#22 : May 14, 2007, 11:59:00 AM

my bad, dal
he did blow chunks against the falgoons

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 14, 2007, 12:45:33 PM

Ravens had #1 defense in NFL last year, IIRC.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : May 14, 2007, 01:29:52 PM

Grossly outplayed?

Simms 3rd year NFC South Championship

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#25 : May 14, 2007, 01:32:45 PM

Ravens have a tough pass defense, the Birds (aka the Falcons) don't and Simms sucked the pipe vs them as well so apparently the quality of opposition wasn't his excuse.
You can't pass the ball from your back. Nice skewed stat once a gain. I don't care if you put Jesuit High school's secondary behind the Falcons front 7, Simms can't throw from his back or with 300 lb lineman in his face.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 14, 2007, 02:10:56 PM

I love the Simms excuse factory.  He couldn't win against a great Raven's D?  Since you think the D is that important then he can't take the credit for winning with the best D in the league in 05 -- obviously the other team never stood a chance.

You look at 06 and its 1:7 vs. 9:9.  There's no excuse for that.  Grads played some pretty tough houses too, and overall looked better than Simms this year.  Wan't to look at 05?  it's a 10:7 ratio for Simms, who was already in his third year.  At the very BEST you can say that is a silghtly/somewhat better performance than 06 Grads.  I'm sure it didn't hurt to have the #1D and a solid running game either.

With a better performing team around him in 05, Simms was only able to play a little better than Grads did with crap around him.  Once the team stopped performing around him in 06, the real Simms appeared -- a 4th year guy who was outplayed by a rookie with worse physical tools.

And I like this one too:

You can't pass the ball from your back. Nice skewed stat once a gain. I don't care if you put Jesuit High school's secondary behind the Falcons front 7, Simms can't throw from his back or with 300 lb lineman in his face.

Skewed stat?  If you're making the case that it was the Raven's tough D that stopped him from being the stud you know he is, then you have to believe that he's do well against a weak pass D.  But he didn't, did he?  I suppose rather than face the fact that your logic is seriously flawed it's easier to accuse Dal of being the one to twist things around.  And I suppose Grads never had to deal with bad line play?  No I forgot the Simmian storyline -- the team and coach were to blame for Simms looking so bad, but after he got hurt they magically started playing better around Grads, so Grads never had to play through a bad D crap running and weak line. 

Simmians need to face facts.  The fact that their performances are even remotely close is a pretty good indicator that Simms sucks.  For a 4th year guy to play worse (or, in the homers case -- just as poorly) as a rookie is inexcuseable.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#27 : May 14, 2007, 02:29:07 PM

Grossly outplayed?

He was playing on a team with a #1 defense and he had a running game.  These are 2 luxury's unafforded to Grad's.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#28 : May 14, 2007, 02:38:17 PM

I love the Simms excuse factory.  He couldn't win against a great Raven's D?  Since you think the D is that important then he can't take the credit for winning with the best D in the league in 05 -- obviously the other team never stood a chance.

You look at 06 and its 1:7 vs. 9:9.  There's no excuse for that.  Grads played some pretty tough houses too, and overall looked better than Simms this year.  Wan't to look at 05?  it's a 10:7 ratio for Simms, who was already in his third year.  At the very BEST you can say that is a silghtly/somewhat better performance than 06 Grads.  I'm sure it didn't hurt to have the #1D and a solid running game either.

With a better performing team around him in 05, Simms was only able to play a little better than Grads did with crap around him.  Once the team stopped performing around him in 06, the real Simms appeared -- a 4th year guy who was outplayed by a rookie with worse physical tools.

And I like this one too:

Skewed stat?  If you're making the case that it was the Raven's tough D that stopped him from being the stud you know he is, then you have to believe that he's do well against a weak pass D.  But he didn't, did he?  I suppose rather than face the fact that your logic is seriously flawed it's easier to accuse Dal of being the one to twist things around.  And I suppose Grads never had to deal with bad line play?  No I forgot the Simmian storyline -- the team and coach were to blame for Simms looking so bad, but after he got hurt they magically started playing better around Grads, so Grads never had to play through a bad D crap running and weak line. 

Simmians need to face facts.  The fact that their performances are even remotely close is a pretty good indicator that Simms sucks.  For a 4th year guy to play worse (or, in the homers case -- just as poorly) as a rookie is inexcuseable.

Excuse factory opposed by the hate factory. Admit it, most of the haters are jealous. All the haters have said at least once, that he wouldn't be where he is if it weren't for daddy, and that's why you don't like him. Don't blame Simms because your dad was a garbage man or cab driver and not an NFL QB.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#29 : May 14, 2007, 02:49:34 PM

Grossly outplayed?

He was playing on a team with a #1 defense and he had a running game.  These are 2 luxury's unafforded to Grad's.
Caddy was average or below average when Simms took over, and a defense that gave up 34, 35, 27, 13, 3, 10, 28, 24, 13 for 21 points a game. You guys are the excuse factory.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Legit Shot « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools