Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Legit Shot « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

benir0

Hall of Famer
#75 : May 16, 2007, 08:51:01 AM

i am wondering why he agreed to sign with a team that has 5 guys ahead of him.

I could see us rolling with Garcia, Simms (or Jacque Plummaire), Grads, then this kid on the PS.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#76 : May 16, 2007, 08:55:35 AM

Worse, the growth Gradkwoski should show this off-season should be, historically speaking, greater than Simms growth so even if you want to say they are even Grads should be ahead by Sept 1.

It's hard to really get a handle on what a player's progress will be, but I certainly hope that Grads is better than Simms this year.  I've loved Simms, but he hasn't shown growth.  Grads didn'tshow much either last year, but he was in a tough situation (admittedly, he was part of the problem).

benir0

Hall of Famer
#77 : May 16, 2007, 08:59:56 AM

What did Grads do that was so great? The team finishes better than 4-12 if Simms doesn't get hurt.

Not if you project his stats from those first three games out to a full season.

Grads and Rattay didn't blow up either, but there were other problems on the team.  Grads was a rookie 6th rounder.  What do we expect from a guy like that?

None of our QBs were good last year.  Our team sucked, but Simms did nothing to help his cause.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#78 : May 16, 2007, 09:04:16 AM

The only response anyone needs on this:

Rattay 88.2
Gradkowski 65.9
Simms 46.3

Same team, same coach, same season, such different results.
TrueBlood/Joseph
Dan Buenning...and are you really saying that the team improved immediately by putting two rookies in on the right side?  Didn't see it...not that they won't be good players, but they were learning on the job.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#79 : May 16, 2007, 04:43:01 PM

What was done was done of neccessity, Simms did not respond before being hurt, Gradkowski surprised some folks early by knowing a limited portion of the offense (early), and had some ability to make plays on the move, but he was soon exposed for being too small, too inexperienced and poor arm strength.

Rattay moved the team due to a superior knowledge of the offense, quick decision making and a slightly better arm. His experience helped too. He won't be a long term answer, but wasn't it amazing how well the line play changed between a rookie and a veteran that knew what to do with the ball...including when to get rid of it? Almost like the line was scripted to play a certain way all along...and responded when it had the right type of QB....

It played better than it had for Simms too. I think that sums up that Simms is not the right type of QB for this offense. he's had ample time and opportunity. he will have one more chance - but Gruden has the QB he wants to run his offense.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Legit Shot « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools