Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gradkowski can, Zac Taylor can « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

BUCSFAN44

Rookie

« #15 : May 14, 2007, 03:32:58 PM »

Why do people hate Gradkowski THIS much?

cause he is not good!

THE NEXT JOHN LYNCH

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #16 : May 14, 2007, 03:33:04 PM »

Why do people hate Simms even more? Simms has a winning record as a starter for the Buccs and guided them to a division championship.

That is real easy to answer, people don’t like underachievers.  Simms has the arm and size but he always finds a way to disappoint.  I am more inclined to be easy on a guy that out performs his ability than a guy that underachieves.
People were hating Simms before he ever started his first game. Jealousy

simmstheanswer

Starter

« #17 : May 14, 2007, 03:35:26 PM »

because he is not a good football player, and has never shown that he even has the capability to be a good professional football player. people tend to not like bad players that get paid and take up roster space. (please try not to make some bush league comment like, "well look at your name, you ......" or "well, simms is a panty waste....")

BUCSFAN44

Rookie

« #18 : May 14, 2007, 03:37:10 PM »

because he is not a good football player, and has never shown that he even has the capability to be a good professional football player. people tend to not like bad players that get paid and take up roster space. (please try not to make some bush league comment like, "well look at your name, you ......" or "well, simms is a panty waste....")

i second that, and simms is the answer as long as our oline doesnt crap the bed

THE NEXT JOHN LYNCH

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #19 : May 14, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »

i second that, and simms is the answer as long as our oline doesnt crap the bed

FartMan

Pro Bowler
« #20 : May 14, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »

I think it's a little early to jump to any conclusions regarding Gradkowski.  I actually think he had a couple of decent games for a rookie.  The same can't be said for a lot of rookie QB's. 

I think people are a little harder on Simms because this will be his 5th year in the league.  He has to produce this year.  At least that is why I am.  He's out of the prospect stage.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #21 : May 14, 2007, 03:40:42 PM »

I think it's a little early to jump to any conclusions regarding Gradkowski.  I actually think he had a couple of decent games for a rookie.  The same can't be said for a lot of rookie QB's. 

I think people are a little harder on Simms because this will be his 5th year in the league.  He has to produce this year.  At least that is why I am.  He's out of the prospect stage.
Which games were good?

BUCSFAN44

Rookie

« #22 : May 14, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »

I think it's a little early to jump to any conclusions regarding Gradkowski. I actually think he had a couple of decent games for a rookie. The same can't be said for a lot of rookie QB's.

I think people are a little harder on Simms because this will be his 5th year in the league. He has to produce this year. At least that is why I am. He's out of the prospect stage.
Which games were good?

yeah please enlighten us

THE NEXT JOHN LYNCH

FartMan

Pro Bowler
« #23 : May 14, 2007, 03:46:30 PM »

Which games were good?

The Saints game.  His first one.  Even though it was a loss, he threw a couple of TD's and looked solid.  Also, the Cincy game.  He had a nice come back drive and game winning TD.  He also played well against a pitiful Redskin team.  But these are good signs for a rookie QB.  Remember Alex Smith had 1 TD to 11 Int Ratio his first year.  So, it is possible for a QB to rebound from a disappointing rookie campaign. 

gone

Hall of Famer
« #24 : May 14, 2007, 03:47:38 PM »

Why do people hate Simms even more? Simms has a winning record as a starter for the Buccs and guided them to a division championship.

That is real easy to answer, people don’t like underachievers.  Simms has the arm and size but he always finds a way to disappoint.  I am more inclined to be easy on a guy that out performs his ability than a guy that underachieves.
People were hating Simms before he ever started his first game. Jealousy

BUCSFAN44

Rookie

« #25 : May 14, 2007, 03:49:26 PM »

I think it's a little early to jump to any conclusions regarding Gradkowski. I actually think he had a couple of decent games for a rookie. The same can't be said for a lot of rookie QB's.

I think people are a little harder on Simms because this will be his 5th year in the league. He has to produce this year. At least that is why I am. He's out of the prospect stage.
Which games were good?

The Saints game. His first one. Even though it was a loss, he threw a couple of TD's and looked solid. Also, the Cincy game. He had a nice come back drive and game winning TD. He also played well against a pitiful Redskin team. But these are good signs for a rookie QB. Remember Alex Smith had 1 TD to 11 Int Ratio his first year. So, it is possible for a QB to rebound from a disappointing rookie campaign.

You must of been watching on DirecTV HD ;D ;D ;D

THE NEXT JOHN LYNCH

simmstheanswer

Starter

« #26 : May 14, 2007, 03:57:33 PM »

Which games were good?

The Saints game.  His first one.  Even though it was a loss, he threw a couple of TD's and looked solid.  Also, the Cincy game.  He had a nice come back drive and game winning TD.  He also played well against a pitiful Redskin team.  But these are good signs for a rookie QB.  Remember Alex Smith had 1 TD to 11 Int Ratio his first year.  So, it is possible for a QB to rebound from a disappointing rookie campaign. 
of course it is, if that qb is capable of playing in the nfl. it just doesn't appear that grads is an nfl caliber qb. he has absolutely no arm strength, and his accuracy (something he was touted for) is nonexistant. he can't read defenses, won't take the hit, freaks out in the pocket, etc... some qb's with the capability play poorly starting out their careers, and some with sub-average skills can look good in certain situations, but only in certain situations. grads is a backup, plain and simple. simms may not be our starter, or anyone's, but at least he has the tangibles to actually be an nfl qb. grads in my opinion just doesn't have what it takes...

FartMan

Pro Bowler
« #27 : May 14, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »

of course it is, if that qb is capable of playing in the nfl. it just doesn't appear that grads is an nfl caliber qb. he has absolutely no arm strength, and his accuracy (something he was touted for) is nonexistant. he can't read defenses, won't take the hit, freaks out in the pocket, etc... some qb's with the capability play poorly starting out their careers, and some with sub-average skills can look good in certain situations, but only in certain situations. grads is a backup, plain and simple. simms may not be our starter, or anyone's, but at least he has the tangibles to actually be an nfl qb. grads in my opinion just doesn't have what it takes...

The same could be said for most QB's their rookie years.

JC510

Practice Squad

« #28 : May 14, 2007, 03:59:51 PM »

This thread is nonsense. Gradkowski played decent for a rookie. He's probably never going to be starter but he's damn good for a backup, especially a #3. Look around the league, Gradkowski is one of the best #3 QBs.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #29 : May 14, 2007, 04:04:50 PM »

The same could be said for most QB's their rookie years.
Please, there is a big difference from Alex Smith throwing a perfect strike right to his receiver that is INT'd by a defender stepping in front because that rookie QB mis read the defense. Grads gets picked because he under throws his WR, by 10 yards. Grads sucked last year, and it wasn't because he was a rookie. I can handle a QB who looks good with bad results because of inexperience. Grads looked like ass.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gradkowski can, Zac Taylor can « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools