Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gradkowski can, Zac Taylor can « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#90 : May 17, 2007, 08:53:22 AM

i dont think grads has as much upside as you think, he doesnt exactly have a cannon for an arm, joey galloway helped him out alot last year by running by db's and ending up wide open on a consistent basis

I think he's got backup QB upside if you must know. I don't have the "next Rich Gannon" theory running about.

Plus, Galloway might have helped him out but he should have helped Simms out as well by being wide open and that should have played more to Simms' strengths (deep ball) than to Grads' so the relative effect of that should be more biased to Simms. Simms is too much RobJohn and that's going to be his undoing in this league.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#91 : May 17, 2007, 09:03:05 AM

Does that stat of completion percentage tell you whether Lienhart's pass was off Bolden's fingertips, or when Grad's under threw his WR by 10 yards for a pick? No they don't. Watching the games, seeing Grads suck and shoving those stats up the dark spot tells you that.

He was a first year rookie thrown into the Lions-den way too early, what did you expect.  ??? I can live with his rookie year failings, hopefully they can be worked on and ironed out.  Simms was a forth year pro and he was still making ridiculous errors.

In the Ravens game he was failing to go through his reads, and don’t blame it on the O-line because they were OK in that game.  Go back and watch the first interception he threw, you know the one that made it a 0-14 and buried us for the day.   It was a well-worked play, the O-line did its job, we had FOUR guys downfield, THREE open, ONE that would have gone for a TD, and Simms throws to the only guy covered.    That is an extreme example but he was very poor at the start of last season.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#92 : May 17, 2007, 09:51:51 AM

M-J-S

seriously, who is the chick in your avatar picture?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#93 : May 17, 2007, 10:43:33 AM

Does that stat of completion percentage tell you whether Lienhart's pass was off Bolden's fingertips, or when Grad's under threw his WR by 10 yards for a pick? No they don't. Watching the games, seeing Grads suck and shoving those stats up the dark spot tells you that.

He was a first year rookie thrown into the Lions-den way too early, what did you expect.  ??? I can live with his rookie year failings, hopefully they can be worked on and ironed out.  Simms was a forth year pro and he was still making ridiculous errors.

In the Ravens game he was failing to go through his reads, and don’t blame it on the O-line because they were OK in that game.  Go back and watch the first interception he threw, you know the one that made it a 0-14 and buried us for the day.   It was a well-worked play, the O-line did its job, we had FOUR guys downfield, THREE open, ONE that would have gone for a TD, and Simms throws to the only guy covered.    That is an extreme example but he was very poor at the start of last season.

I think you were reliving a madden game or something because as I said he never had consistant pass protection, he had it one play then would have instant pressure the next play, but in any case I wonder why Simms got so little playing time in pre-season and Gruden gave way too many snaps at TC to Grad's. I would expect a similar response from you because you seem to think TC and Pre-Season is no differant than an actual game, after all Simms was a 4 year pro with 60 or so starts under his belt.....right?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#94 : May 17, 2007, 10:51:55 AM

I wasn't responding to you  ;)

Rather than argue about our opinions of the O-line and protecion in the first three games last season, lets take a look at what PR wrote:

Ravens Game:
“This unit didn’t play great, but it didn’t play bad, either. It gave Simms a decent amount of time to throw more often than not and opened some holes for Williams in the running game.”

Falcons Game:
“This unit did a remarkable job of protecting Simms, who threw 53 passes Sunday. He threw out of a comfortable pocket and had plenty of time to find open receivers.”

Panthers Game:
“For the second straight week, Tampa Bay’s offensive line fared well in pass protection, allowing Simms to get sacked just one time on Sunday. However, Simms took several shots from Carolina defenders, and although it is not yet known when he suffered the injury, Simms later was hospitalized and had his spleen removed in emergency surgery.”

And BTW - I don't play children's video games.  :P

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#95 : May 17, 2007, 02:30:28 PM

I wasn't responding to you  ;)

Rather than argue about our opinions of the O-line and protecion in the first three games last season, lets take a look at what PR wrote:

Ravens Game:
“This unit didn’t play great, but it didn’t play bad, either. It gave Simms a decent amount of time to throw more often than not and opened some holes for Williams in the running game.”

:D ???

Seriously? He had 8 carries for 22 measly yards. Take away the longest, a 7 yard run, and it leaves 7 carries for 15. What game was PR watching?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#96 : May 17, 2007, 02:35:53 PM

Caddy was injured.   ;)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#97 : May 17, 2007, 02:49:47 PM

:D ???

Seriously? He had 8 carries for 22 measly yards. Take away the longest, a 7 yard run, and it leaves 7 carries for 15. What game was PR watching?

The line was bad and at the time I questioned their analysis of that group. The fact that 3 of the 5 guys are likely getting the boot off that line tells you that is was never really doing the job last year, not for Simms, not for Grads and not for Rattay.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#98 : May 17, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

The line was bad and at the time I questioned their analysis of that group. The fact that 3 of the 5 guys are likely getting the boot off that line tells you that is was never really doing the job last year, not for Simms, not for Grads and not for Rattay.

I'm with ya. Just goes to show you how subjective opinions are, even for the PR staff. The may have locker room access, yippee, but the performance on the field is there for the world to see...

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Gradkowski can, Zac Taylor can « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools