Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Start McCown Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

buckit

Hall of Famer

« : October 30, 2006, 04:07:08 PM »

I don't normally do this, but I'm actually hoping Gruden activates and starts (or at least plays) McCown. 

My reasoning:

We're 2-5 and not going anywhere.

McCown has more experience in this offense.

McCown is mobile.

My concerns:

After coming off a knee injury, will McCown still be mobile?

Hell, it can't hurt to see the guy play.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

« #1 : October 30, 2006, 04:11:28 PM »

ugh not you too BuckIt

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 30, 2006, 04:13:15 PM »

Ummm, how about: NOT.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 30, 2006, 04:15:56 PM »

I don't dislike Grads.  But I want to see what McCown can do.  After all, he is drawing a paycheck.  I've seen what Grads can do.  Eh.  I think he'll improve, but damn, give him time.  Let McCown show what he can do.  If all else, he could make good trade bait...

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

« #4 : October 30, 2006, 04:18:01 PM »

I don't dislike Grads.  But I want to see what McCown can do.  After all, he is drawing a paycheck.  I've seen what Grads can do.  Eh.  I think he'll improve, but damn, give him time.  Let McCown show what he can do.  If all else, he could make good trade bait...

that is an agreeable statement

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 30, 2006, 04:29:58 PM »

I don't dislike Grads.  But I want to see what McCown can do.

Because of next year, Grads needs every single live snap he can get THIS year.

Huey Freeman

Starter
« #6 : October 30, 2006, 04:48:06 PM »

Gradkowski has played about as well as can be expected given the situation.  I mean he made some plays on Sunday, but had them dropped and fumbled away.  He struggled, too.  But he is making some plays and he's not turning the ball over.  The game plan is Marty-Ball-esque. 

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
« #7 : October 30, 2006, 04:50:11 PM »

I don't dislike Grads. But I want to see what McCown can do.

Because of next year, Grads needs every single live snap he can get THIS year.

Â   How can you be sure that Grads will be our starter and not McCown?  Maybe McCown needs all the snaps he can get this year.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 30, 2006, 04:52:28 PM »

McCown hasn't taken a snap on anything but a scout team since May. Gruden mentioned that today in his conference. I'm not so sure I want to just throw the kid out there and see what happens. I'd rather have a rookie out there than a player coming off injury who hasn't really had snaps against tough competition in five months.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #9 : October 30, 2006, 04:54:09 PM »

How can you be sure that Grads will be our starter and not McCown?  Maybe McCown needs all the snaps he can get this year.

I'm more than 50% certain that, barring something unusual or a total collapse, Gradkowski has the edge. It may not work out that way, but I'm safe in saying that the thinking around One Buc seems to be that Gradkowski will develop into the player they want at the position.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 30, 2006, 05:23:53 PM »

Why not!!!!

Baghead #2

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 30, 2006, 05:30:11 PM »

Mccown is pretty good.. but is it really grads fault we lost yesterday? He has protected the football well.. Let him finish the year and get some nfl reps under his belt.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 30, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »

It isn't about fault.  It's about honestly assessing talent.  What IF McCown is the s***?  And we let him ride the bench?  (think Steve Young)?  I know it's a long shot, but what have we got to lose.

Also--I'm not sold on Bruce Gradkowski.  What I saw yesterday and last week gives me serious doubts about his ability to play at this level.  His "easy" throws are off target.  He lacks the vision to see the whole field.  And his arm strentgh is questionable.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #13 : October 30, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »

I mean if the season is over.. I don't see the problem with giving him a game or two.. but you know gruden, he is stuck on someone he rides them till they suck.

His arm was not bad yesterday, The hands  of the receivers were.. Maybe the wind gave him the extra lift though heheh.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #14 : October 30, 2006, 05:46:45 PM »

I disagree.  Yes, he had a few nice (very nice) long balls.  But short patterns were WAY off the mark. 

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Start McCown Thread « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools