Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Start McCown Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : October 30, 2006, 08:44:07 PM

The point is we weni 7-9 & 5-11. Then we went 11-5. Now we suck again & they want to use the same excuses--salary cap, lack of draft picks. Enough! Put up or shut up! Enough BS!!The "offensive genius" needs to stop being offensive!
umm...your the one talking about dropping your season tickets because 'tear' it's hard....waaaaa...waaaaaaaa....I'd say grow a set but....well how about you go and still support the damn players like DB, Ronde, even your Anti-Chris Bruce Gradkowski and respect the fact they still try...but I guess your too selfish for that

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#31 : October 30, 2006, 09:11:30 PM

Karen, come on-- how are they excuses--- remember it was your wonder boy that put us in the 0-4 hole with his crappy play this year while the rookie has gone 2-2. And it was in large part due to his costly turnovers time and time again put us in huge holes yet you defend him to no end. But you are not even willing to look at the reality of this year.

But the fact of the matter is this team was mortgaged and you know it. You say it is an excuse -- you find me one other HC in this league of parity that could have got 11-5 out that team last year with the starter going down after a 5-0 start. All teams have to build and reload and  they largely do it through 1st day draft picks and mid to high dollar FA's. Before Gruden arrived the cap was strained and we had tarded 9 1st day draft picks to try and get a SB team. The previous brain trust had 6 years to complete that and could not. The present did it in one season. The 2003 losses came due to a tough schedule and a mash unit of injuries. This brain trust made cap mistakes in Garner and Stuessie and they have to live with that but othert than that the FA's and young talent have done pretty well. This year our starter who won the job goes mental block and hits every player not wearing a Buc Jersey, not to mention for the seocnd year in a row it is the youngest offense in all of football. Add to that the defense in one year has collapsed-- Sure we haven't added much to them but it was the offense that was neglected for 6 years prior to Grudens arrival. And who would have thought we couldn't get a year or tow more out of the defense coming off a number one year. But these are the breaks-- You are kidding yourself if you did not think this seaon was going to be a rebuilding phase after Simms went down. So they are not excuses they are the reality of football. Blowing 9 1st day draft picks and having a cap that was awful doesn't make for a whole lot of success. Just look at TN and SF and AZ for that matter-- all have been rebuilding longer than we have. We need a couple of pieces and some youth on defense and a couple of FA's to compete again and this will only be the second offseason in which the Bucs have a slate of draft picks since Gruden came on. And it will be the first they can finally get under and out of some huge contracts and they actually have cap to be a front runner in the FA market. Can we at least see what we have when Gruden and Allen add some pieces and have one offseason to field a host of picks and have a FA cap worth a **CENSORED**.

You call them excuses -- I would like to know from you what realistically could have been done. Sure this team is better than 2-5 but they have all played every division leader in each game they have played so far except the Carolina game. Not like they are dropping easy games to crappy competition. Hidsight is always 20/20. But why in the hell would any logical fan not see that losing 9 #1 and 2 draft picks and mortgaging a cap for a SB that paid off wouldn't come back to haunt us for a few years-- we all said I would give up a few years of 1 and done in the playoffs for a SB and we mortgaged and got just that-- We all knew it was an aging team with a horriblew cap situation and it would take years to get out from under it-- yet now we want to just fire the coach the front office and the staff because it has come true. Unbelievable. Last i checked other than the B More game this coach has had the youngest offense in the league posied to be above .500. 4 catches made yesterday that hit guys in the hand and it's a different ball game and likely a win. Could have easily won the Panthers game-- Coach did enough the defense collapsed, NO same thing ST's collapsed, Atl defense can't tackle Simms throw the ball to anyone not wearing a Buc patch in the RZ twice, B More complete meltdown by the QB and defnese got gashed, NY dropped passes offense had the plays there to win and couldn't execute by catching a few passes. Sure all this goes back to the HC because he is the leader ultimately, but this is alos alot of bad play by good players which in alot the instances the coaches can't control.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 30, 2006, 09:24:29 PM

The point is we weni 7-9 & 5-11. Then we went 11-5. Now we suck again & they want to use the same excuses--salary cap, lack of draft picks. Enough! Put up or shut up! Enough BS!!The "offensive genius" needs to stop being offensive!

Are you serious? Look at who we played last year!!!!! We are playing the toughest Schedule in the NFL! You are out of your mind if you thought we were going to have an awesome season even from the beginning.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 30, 2006, 09:26:51 PM

This QB carousel must end.  Brad, Griese, Simms.

Gradkowski is the best bet. Pulling him now accomplishes nothing for next year.  That is when Gruden has to win football games or else his job may be in jeopardy.  If he plays Luke now he has to stick with him heading into next year.

But Gruden seems to like Grads more than Luke at this point and I see him sticking it out with Grads.  If Gruden benches Grads IMVHO I think Gruded should be fired that is just my opinion.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 30, 2006, 10:07:26 PM

McCown I have always said is most likely are future QB. IMO he should start this week... but it wont happen

Larry Brackins

Starter
#35 : October 30, 2006, 10:09:10 PM

Grad gets 2 more starts.

He should be re-evaluated after that.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 30, 2006, 10:24:09 PM

Grads finishes out the year as the starter in my opinion.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 30, 2006, 10:37:32 PM

You don't recall the out patterns that were so far out they went out of bounds?

Galloway talked about that one to him on his show. Said he saw Gradkowski release the ball and he was certain it was coming right at him. As it neared and he was looking to make the grab, the wind gusted and took it right out of bounds.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 30, 2006, 10:40:17 PM

Eli was missing the out patterns as well.  It is called the swirling winds of the meadowlands.  Visit New York people you would love it and might be mugged coming out of an Italian pizzaria while at the same time someone will try to sell you a purse that says Gooooochi.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#39 : October 30, 2006, 10:41:40 PM

All this nonsense is beyond ridiculous! You cannot justify some of the dumbass play calling. How about god-awful Mahan playing instead of Buuening who is NOT on the injury report. How about trying ANY body to run the ball over a rook throwing 48 times Sheesh! And wait for the Buc Blitz on Wed. I will bet money SR does not stand up for Gruden. How can you not be frustrated? We had so many losing seasons it's ok to have a few more? And I think the salary cap & lack of draft picks excuse has hit it's expiration date.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 30, 2006, 10:53:42 PM

How about god-awful Mahan playing instead of Buuening who is NOT on the injury report.

Buenning sprained his ankle in the last preseason game. Have you ever sprained your ankle?

How can you not be frustrated? We had so many losing seasons it's ok to have a few more?

They won the division last season.

#41 : October 30, 2006, 10:59:50 PM

Would the Bucs have won with Buenning in the game?  McCown starting?  It's all subjective.  And even if Caddy had run the ball 20 times in the game, does that guarantee the Bucs would have won?

We'll never know.  What we CAN assume, is that had 3 dropped passes been caught, I'd have liked our chances.  Excellent throws were dropped.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 30, 2006, 11:02:22 PM

And even if Caddy had run the ball 20 times in the game, does that guarantee the Bucs would have won?

One of the most misleading stats ever. When you're ahead late in the game, you run the ball. Did you know that the Bucs have never lost when Ronde Barber has returned two INT's for TD's in a game?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#43 : October 30, 2006, 11:04:22 PM

All this nonsense is beyond ridiculous! You cannot justify some of the dumbass play calling. How about god-awful Mahan playing instead of Buuening who is NOT on the injury report. How about trying ANY body to run the ball over a rook throwing 48 times Sheesh! And wait for the Buc Blitz on Wed. I will bet money SR does not stand up for Gruden. How can you not be frustrated? We had so many losing seasons it's ok to have a few more? And I think the salary cap & lack of draft picks excuse has hit it's expiration date.
Please tell me how you know Buenning has been playing better then Mahan?

Do you go and break down film week after week? Do you watch the techniques and blocks on EVERY play. No, you don't. You have no f'ing clue how to scout o-line play and neither do I.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#44 : October 30, 2006, 11:04:40 PM

Well hell, then it is Ronde's fault!!!!!!!!!!  LMAO!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Start McCown Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools