Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Im am glad I don't have kids in schools these days « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: May 14, 2007, 04:29:46 PM

Teachers Stage Fake Gun Attack on Kids
By Associated Press
May 14, 2007, 6:35 AM CDT

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. -- Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables.

The mock attack Thursday night was intended as a learning experience and lasted five minutes during the weeklong trip to a state park, said Scales Elementary School Assistant Principal Don Bartch, who led the trip.

"We got together and discussed what we would have done in a real situation," he said.

But parents of the sixth-grade students were outraged.

"The children were in that room in the dark, begging for their lives, because they thought there was someone with a gun after them," said Brandy Cole, whose son went on the trip.

Some parents said they were upset by the staff's poor judgment in light of the April 16 shootings at Virginia Tech that left 33 students and professors dead, including the gunman.

During the last night of the trip, staff members convinced the 69 students that there was a gunman on the loose. They were told to lie on the floor or hide underneath tables and stay quiet. A teacher, disguised in a hooded sweat shirt, even pulled on locked door.

After the lights went out, about 20 kids started to cry, 11-year-old Shay Naylor said.

"I was like, 'Oh My God,' " she said. "At first I thought I was going to die. We flipped out."

Principal Catherine Stephens declined to say whether the staff members involved would face disciplinary action, but said the situation "involved poor judgment."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-faked-attack,1,942054.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#1 : May 14, 2007, 04:32:01 PM

My wife read this to me last night, what were they thinking! stupid move

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 14, 2007, 04:36:38 PM

What in the world? And we wonder why things are screwed up?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 14, 2007, 05:06:10 PM

Don Bartch=genius ????

What was he thinking? "What these kids need is little emotional scarring"

Fire him!

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 14, 2007, 05:09:55 PM

Do that to my kids and I'll be knocking on your door with my can of whoop ass ready.
Not only was that a stupid idea, all the teachers involved should be subjected to a stun gun to the genitals.
Yea, that torques me a bit

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 15, 2007, 01:02:00 AM

Good idea, bad execution.  Kids need to be taught to take action in a crisis.  For decades we've encouraged people to be sheep, that was a dumb idea and needs changing.  But you can't throw something like this on unprepared kids.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 15, 2007, 01:13:59 AM

Good idea, bad execution. Kids need to be taught to take action in a crisis. For decades we've encouraged people to be sheep, that was a dumb idea and needs changing. But you can't throw something like this on unprepared kids.

We should also train the general population how to handle terrorists on an airplane.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 15, 2007, 03:15:32 AM

Do that to my kids and I'll be knocking on your door with my can of whoop butt ready.
Not only was that a stupid idea, all the teachers involved should be subjected to a stun gun to the genitals.
I would be shoving you aside, and you would be beating on some lump of beaten down meat first.  I would never let that happen to my kid!  The teachers would mos def be getting the bad end of a beatdown.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 15, 2007, 07:58:32 AM

I would get my own hooded sweatshirt, put these clowns through a half an hour of thinking that they were going to be killed, and then........... SURPRISE!!! It's just a drill!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 15, 2007, 08:38:32 AM

Do that to my kids and I'll be knocking on your door with my can of whoop butt ready.
I would be shoving you aside, and you would be beating on some lump of beaten down meat first.  I would never let that happen to my kid!  The teachers would mos def be getting the bad end of a beatdown.

Without a doubt Boid. I can understand getting our kids prepared, but that was way out of control.

When my daughter was in day care, she came home and said the word "spank" and said her butt hurt (age 3). I don't spank my kids, I am stern and get much more across through conversation. I spent the next day with the local law enforcement going over tapes and watching the daycare be closed until the investigation was over. My daughter was not the only one that was spanked. Talk about livid? I wanted to strangle the **CENSORED** that did it.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 15, 2007, 08:45:12 AM

I would be shoving you aside, and you would be beating on some lump of beaten down meat first. I would never let that happen to my kid! The teachers would mos def be getting the bad end of a beatdown.

Without a doubt Boid. I can understand getting our kids prepared, but that was way out of control.

When my daughter was in day care, she came home and said the word "spank" and said her butt hurt (age 3). I don't spank my kids, I am stern and get much more across through conversation. I spent the next day with the local law enforcement going over tapes and watching the daycare be closed until the investigation was over. My daughter was not the only one that was spanked. Talk about livid? I wanted to strangle the dog that did it.
I don't spank my daughter either.

Glad that you were a big part of bringing those **CENSORED**wads down. Sad to hear of the circumstances that brought it about.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Im am glad I don't have kids in schools these days « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools