Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Suggestion to Lower Gas Prices « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#45 : May 15, 2007, 12:52:31 AM

1) Carbon credits are a joke.

2) Humanity's contribution to GW is minimal. 

I added the numbers.

I agree with 1. Number 2? I don't know.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#46 : May 15, 2007, 08:48:58 AM

I believe in Global Warming - just don't think we (humanity) are contributing anything significant to it, neither can we do anything to significantly impact it. I do what I can to conserve energy...that is a crisis I can do something about, if it works out that I also help reduce carbon oputput...meh...

I do believe some are using GW to gain access to political processes and financial contributions (...in other words...power), by making some folks feel guilty for not doing what they should, making other folks feel that they're in a cause celebre' and that they are doing something positive about GW.

You know...lying to them to make them feel a certain way. Seems to be what motivates us at all anymore. Our supposed belief that lies are being told to make you believe one thing or another....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#47 : May 15, 2007, 11:54:49 AM

I found this intresting from your link buceye.........

Looking at the experience of Petrobras in Brazil, we are led to wonder why the United States is leading in ultra-deep oil operations. Few countries in the world have the extensive offshore territory enjoyed by the United States. Why aren't we resolved to become oil independent by exploring offshore oil with the aggressive resolve demonstrated by Petrobras?

Our problem seems to be that the current coalition of radical environmentalists, "Peak-Oil" and "Fossil-Fuel" pessimists, and the political Left are unwilling to step down their rhetoric long enough to look rationally at some real world empirical results.

Seems we always come back to the wacko tree huggers!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#48 : May 15, 2007, 04:32:16 PM

I just need to be comfortable when I drive.

At 6'7", I'll be damned if I try to fold myself into a four cyclinder anything.

I'll drive my full size pickup, and drive it with a smile ;)

I am 6'7" 275 and drive an RX 8 with plenty of leg room. I also drive my wifes Altima that we take on road trips with plenty of leg room. In the Altima its us and the 2 kids and my ten year old fits behind me fine and I have plenty of room. Now in the Rx 8 the backseat is uninhabitable behind me-- but those seats are show and tell for the suicide doors anyways. I also found the 350Z has good leg room and head room at our height and the G35 coupe. most of the other sports cars , coupes, etc-- no way. But plenty of the stanadard and full size sedans fit the height fine. I was actually suprised at how many SUV's in the mid size class have no freaking leg room. And even some full size trucks. Chevy in particular had crappy leg room but Ford and Doge had good leg room. Toyota was questionable in their Tacoma but good in the Tundra. Can you tell i recently went car shopping.

#49 : May 15, 2007, 04:33:10 PM

I suddenly feel short at 6'3.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#50 : May 15, 2007, 05:10:54 PM

What's the weather like up there?..lol
Sorry man  us short people need humor too!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#51 : May 15, 2007, 05:30:04 PM

I just need to be comfortable when I drive.

At 6'7", I'll be damned if I try to fold myself into a four cyclinder anything.

I'll drive my full size pickup, and drive it with a smile ;)

I am 6'7" 275 and drive an RX 8 with plenty of leg room. I also drive my wifes Altima that we take on road trips with plenty of leg room. In the Altima its us and the 2 kids and my ten year old fits behind me fine and I have plenty of room. Now in the Rx 8 the backseat is uninhabitable behind me-- but those seats are show and tell for the suicide doors anyways. I also found the 350Z has good leg room and head room at our height and the G35 coupe. most of the other sports cars , coupes, etc-- no way. But plenty of the stanadard and full size sedans fit the height fine. I was actually suprised at how many SUV's in the mid size class have no freaking leg room. And even some full size trucks. Chevy in particular had crappy leg room but Ford and Doge had good leg room. Toyota was questionable in their Tacoma but good in the Tundra. Can you tell i recently went car shopping.
I can manage in some full size sedans, but I am not NEARLY as comfortable as I am in my F150.

Last time I went car shopping (4 years ago), I sat in EVERYTHING. Nothing came close to the F150 that I can recall.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#52 : May 15, 2007, 05:36:21 PM

I am 6' 4" and am reminded quickly what it was like to feel short next to someone 6' 7" - I played basketball (when I had knees) in school. I understand getting small - was "reduced" in my game against my 6' 7" counterpart...it was a long game...

Thanks doobie - good link that gets you pondering, eh?

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Suggestion to Lower Gas Prices « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools