Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "With the looks we're getting we have to make people play honest" « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: October 30, 2006, 07:27:34 PM

It's pretty simple here folks. Every team is going to dare Grads to beat them with the pass and give them favorable looks for passing plays. I'm not going to sit here and say having a rookie throw the ball 48 times is par for the course but at some point the Bucs are going to make teams pay. It may not be this Sunday and it certainly wasn't this past one but it will come. At this point the passing game has to open up the running game, not the other way around. You can blast Gruden and I've read that he's all coach speak, don't agree with that.

I’d like to run it every play and not have to throw it,” Gruden said. “Because that’s the safest way to win. But when you’re going to get the kind of defense we did yesterday, that’s dead set on making you do something you don’t want to do, you’re going to have to throw the ball at some point in time to make people play honest.

“We’re going to have to make some plays in the passing game to take advantage of some of the defenses we’re seeing and unfortunately we didn’t do that yesterday.”

Any coach isn't going to sit there and get blasted in the running game over and over but continue to give the pill to the RB. Why is it rediculous for Gruden to say he wanted to take advantage of the wind? He was tired of the run plays getting trashed and wanted to get into the game. If a few of those aren't dropped we're talking about a good game by this offense and would most definitely see more running plays being down 1 score.

Have faith and know that this offense is being run by a youth laden offense. After the first quarter Trueblood and Joseph played pretty damn good.

Galloway even said there were plenty of running plays called but the defensive look dicated the play to be changed. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 30, 2006, 08:12:02 PM

the series you're documenting was after a couple 3 and outs correct? He ran the ball on those previous series and wanted to try something different.

I agree, 8 carries is horrible but, there were more running plays called. It's up to Gruden to tell Grads to run the ball no matter what the look.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 30, 2006, 11:00:16 PM

Sigh. I swear some of these people have never heard of the WCO.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : October 30, 2006, 11:43:53 PM

Get rid of the WCO!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 31, 2006, 01:17:27 AM

Well, given the success of the pass game, trying a few runs would not have hurt.

They should have run it more in my opinion, that wind was very very bad out there.  Words cannot do it justice.

Eight in the box or not, they should have at least run the ball more.  Oh well.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : October 31, 2006, 01:36:36 AM

Boid, was it as bad in person as it was on TV?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "With the looks we're getting we have to make people play honest" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools