Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: American Idol « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 44

BP1

Pro Bowler

« : May 16, 2007, 11:30:55 PM »

It's Blake vs Jordin in the Final. I'm going to have to pick Jordin. What do you all think?

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #1 : May 16, 2007, 11:33:50 PM »

I'm also going to go with Jordin over Blake.  I predicted that Melinda Doolittle would be kicked off tonight and that Blake and Jordin would be in the finals.  That's kind of sad Melinda didn't make it to the finals because she was the best singer.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 16, 2007, 11:38:12 PM »

Blake sucks.

BP1

Pro Bowler

« #3 : May 16, 2007, 11:45:10 PM »

I'm also going to go with Jordin over Blake.  I predicted that Melinda Doolittle would be kicked off tonight and that Blake and Jordin would be in the finals. That's kind of sad Melinda didn't make it to the finals because she was the best singer.

I was shocked when they said Melinda was out. She was never on the bottom 3 the entire time and the other 2 have been.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #4 : May 16, 2007, 11:46:05 PM »

From what Little I heard I always felt Jordin was the best.  I thought Blake was gimmicky.  I thought Jordin would win.

BP1

Pro Bowler

« #5 : May 16, 2007, 11:52:27 PM »

Did you guys know Jordin's dad played for the Giants? His name is Phillipi Sparks.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #6 : May 16, 2007, 11:54:33 PM »

I was not aware of that.  I remember Phillipi Sparks though, was a decent player.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #7 : May 17, 2007, 12:12:17 AM »

Melinda Doolitle was obviously the most talented of the three. Surprised that she's not a finalist.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 17, 2007, 12:16:40 AM »

Did you guys know Jordin's dad played for the Giants? His name is Phillipi Sparks.

In other words, Jordin grew up as a rich kid with every benefit in life.     Sparks wasn't a great player, but I'm sure he still made millions.

« #9 : May 17, 2007, 12:22:51 AM »

Melinda Doolitle was obviously the most talented of the three. Surprised that she's not a finalist.

Every year, they throw a curve ball like that. No one should be surprised.

BP1

Pro Bowler

« #10 : May 17, 2007, 12:41:24 AM »

In other words, Jordin grew up as a rich kid with every benefit in life. Sparks wasn't a great player, but I'm sure he still made millions.

Java, Success is only for poor people who worked their way up? She never had singing lessons. So the only benefit she had was material things. This would not help her singing.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 17, 2007, 07:20:04 AM »

Melinda can sing. She'll make millions, but I was very happy to see her leave. Can't stand the whole churchy sound she has. I was rooting for Jordin from the first Hollywood episode. She has soooooo much talent for a 17 year old. Blake can sing well also. He's got a great career lined up with his versatility and that whole beat box thing he does. Thats awesome.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 17, 2007, 08:54:12 AM »

She is the best singer right now but at 27-years-old with ten years in the music industry she has no upside anymore.   Jordin isn’t that far behind Melinda in terms of singing yet she is 17-years-old, so she has plenty of upside.  She is also a lot more marketable and appealing to the masses, which is exactly why she is still there and Melinda was voted off.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

« #13 : May 17, 2007, 09:07:19 AM »

"She is also a lot more marketable and appealing to the masses," Agree 100%

She is the best singer right now but at 27-years-old with ten years in the music industry she has no upside anymore. Jordin isn’t that far behind Melinda in terms of singing yet she is 17-years-old, so she has plenty of upside. She is also a lot more marketable and appealing to the masses, which is exactly why she is still there and Melinda was voted off.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #14 : May 17, 2007, 09:15:54 AM »

"She is also a lot more marketable and appealing to the masses," Agree 100%

She is already shedding the pounds.  Give them three or four months working on her image and she will be very marketable.

I don’t like Blake but I can see him having a successful career in the short term because he will appeal to the young girls.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 44
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: American Idol « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools