Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: American Idol « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 44

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

« #15 : May 17, 2007, 09:21:39 AM »

"She is also a lot more marketable and appealing to the masses," Agree 100%

She is already shedding the pounds.  Give them three or four months working on her image and she will be very marketable.

I don’t like Blake but I can see him having a successful career in the short term because he will appeal to the young girls.

or feminine males

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #16 : May 17, 2007, 11:16:01 AM »

Remember that regardless of what the Judges might say this really isn't supposed to be a pure singing contest. The title of the show is American Idol. IMO therefore we are talking about a pop star that will appeal to the masses. In that respect I think the right 2 are in the final. I think Melinda was by far the best singer but I don't think she really comes under the au**CENSORED**es of 'Idol'.

Of the 2 left Jordin is the best singer, is young and can pull in that teen market though I think Blake is the best 'Idol'. Has that young hip look and sound about him. I haven't really liked much of what he has sung, though my wife has. The best song he has sung so far was the first one. Very Morrissey like and I think he would absolutely nail a Smiths/Morrisey song, though that probably wouldn't get him too many votes.

« #17 : May 17, 2007, 12:23:54 PM »

Has anyone noticed that Jordan is one BIG girl?

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

« #18 : May 17, 2007, 12:30:24 PM »

^
She must be like 5'11" or something. She's a big girl, thats true, but she still has the good looks and personality.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #19 : May 17, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »

Melinda Doolitle was obviously the most talented of the three. Surprised that she's not a finalist.

She is the best singer right now but at 27-years-old with ten years in the music industry she has no upside anymore. Jordin isn’t that far behind Melinda in terms of singing yet she is 17-years-old, so she has plenty of upside. She is also a lot more marketable and appealing to the masses, which is exactly why she is still there and Melinda was voted off.

One word: Amazon.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #20 : May 17, 2007, 01:11:39 PM »

^
She must be like 5'11" or something. She's a big girl, thats true, but she still has the good looks and personality.

I think she is very cute, and I am sure Matt would hit it.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

« #21 : May 17, 2007, 01:15:54 PM »

^

I think she is very cute, and I am sure Matt would hit it.

^
I would too in my younger years

We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #22 : May 17, 2007, 06:03:01 PM »

Melinda can sing. She'll make millions, but I was very happy to see her leave. Can't stand the whole churchy sound she has. I was rooting for Jordin from the first Hollywood episode. She has soooooo much talent for a 17 year old. Blake can sing well also. He's got a great career lined up with his versatility and that whole beat box thing he does. Thats awesome.

Are we going to back 80's hip hop?  That's about the only way I see the beat boxing doing much for Blake.  From what I have heard, Blake sucks.  His beat boxing sounds forced and doesn't really fit the songs he does it in.  He gets praised for creativity yet I heard him do a song 311 covered, and it was EXACTLY the way they covered it.  The judges were idiots though and never heard of 311, so they thought HE did it.  LOL.  Most of his "originality" is really him just doing songs non "pop" bands covered and the judges haven't heard.  He did "Time of the Season" by the Zombies exactly the way DMB covered it. 

He is "different" and he'll sell a few albums short term to little kids, but I don't see him having better long term success potential than Jordin.  She is by far the best combo of age, potential, and ability.  Melinda may have had a better voice right now but her appeal is very limited.  I don't see what album she could put out that the masses would buy.  Maybe 30 years ago she would be successful, but Jordin is more modern and has much more room to grow. 

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

« #23 : May 17, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »

Melinda can sing. She'll make millions, but I was very happy to see her leave. Can't stand the whole churchy sound she has. I was rooting for Jordin from the first Hollywood episode. She has soooooo much talent for a 17 year old. Blake can sing well also. He's got a great career lined up with his versatility and that whole beat box thing he does. Thats awesome.

Are we going to back 80's hip hop?  That's about the only way I see the beat boxing doing much for Blake.  From what I have heard, Blake sucks.  His beat boxing sounds forced and doesn't really fit the songs he does it in.  He gets praised for creativity yet I heard him do a song 311 covered, and it was EXACTLY the way they covered it.  The judges were idiots though and never heard of 311, so they thought HE did it.  LOL.  Most of his "originality" is really him just doing songs non "pop" bands covered and the judges haven't heard.  He did "Time of the Season" by the Zombies exactly the way DMB covered it. 

He is "different" and he'll sell a few albums short term to little kids, but I don't see him having better long term success potential than Jordin.  She is by far the best combo of age, potential, and ability.  Melinda may have had a better voice right now but her appeal is very limited.  I don't see what album she could put out that the masses would buy.  Maybe 30 years ago she would be successful, but Jordin is more modern and has much more room to grow. 

I think he'll sell a ton of albums to the young girl crowd. He may not fit in with everyone's taste, thats for sure, but him being different like that should sell well.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #24 : May 17, 2007, 06:09:11 PM »

Are we going to back 80's hip hop? That's about the only way I see the beat boxing doing much for Blake. From what I have heard, Blake sucks. His beat boxing sounds forced and doesn't really fit the songs he does it in. He gets praised for creativity yet I heard him do a song 311 covered, and it was EXACTLY the way they covered it. The judges were idiots though and never heard of 311, so they thought HE did it. LOL. Most of his "originality" is really him just doing songs non "pop" bands covered and the judges haven't heard. He did "Time of the Season" by the Zombies exactly the way DMB covered it.

He is "different" and he'll sell a few albums short term to little kids, but I don't see him having better long term success potential than Jordin. She is by far the best combo of age, potential, and ability. Melinda may have had a better voice right now but her appeal is very limited. I don't see what album she could put out that the masses would buy. Maybe 30 years ago she would be successful, but Jordin is more modern and has much more room to grow.

I think he'll sell a ton of albums to the young girl crowd. He may not fit in with everyone's taste, thats for sure, but him being different like that should sell well.

Yeah, but he's not the only person in the world who can beat box.  There is a reason why there aren't any in the market.  There is no market for that.  Who wants to hear a song with beat boxing these days?  Nobody.  It seems "cool" on AI because it is completely different than the norm, but really it is just gimmicky.  He can't really sing that well and he doesn't even perform well.  He would blend in with every average pop artist IMO.  Of course, he may sell right away since he has the AI audience, but I think the novelty will wear very quickly and he'll be gone before we know it.

Buckaroo55

Second String

« #25 : May 17, 2007, 08:56:52 PM »

I think that Melinda is a great singer but is way more suited for Gospel/R&B, and will most definitely have interest from several of those type record companies. But Blake and Jordin are more into the pop vibe and look and act the part very well, and that is more of what this competition is looking for.

replica

Hall of Famer
« #26 : May 18, 2007, 11:42:28 PM »

Jordan blew me away last week with a song, I don't know the name, "I love you" I think..

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #27 : May 24, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »

One thought:  Jenny Craig, young lady.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

« #28 : May 24, 2007, 12:46:18 PM »

that had to of been the weakest AI yet, hell's kitchen is better than that

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #29 : May 24, 2007, 12:50:52 PM »

Proud to say my streak of never watching an American Idol show is still intact!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 44
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: American Idol « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools