Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: American Idol « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 44

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 24, 2007, 12:57:46 PM

Proud to say my streak of never watching an American Idol show is still intact!

“never”……….   Then how do you know you are “proud” to have not watched the program ?

Its entertainment, if you don’t like it great but don’t forget it is the MOST watched series on TV.

BTW – Carrie Underwood looked hot as hell. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : May 24, 2007, 01:28:57 PM

Watching America's great treasure Smokey Robinson perform was worth putting up some of the other stuff.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 24, 2007, 01:31:11 PM

I'm proud, Mark, because I've so far resisted the peer pressure to watch this show. Don't really watch a lot of TV, but American Idol, Survivor, Lost, Real World, etc. aren't really my bag. I've never seen "Titanic" all the way through, either. But I do admit Carrie Underwood is easy on the eyes from the pics I've seen.
Not really a big fan of the karoake night.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 24, 2007, 01:56:54 PM

Missed great performances during the finale show - very different than karaoke.  But I know what you mean about staying away from popular stuff - I've never seen any of the Star Wars stuff nor the Rocky movies. Probably will wait until I'm in a nursing home wtih nothing else to do.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 24, 2007, 02:11:22 PM

[/b]But I do admit Carrie Underwood is easy on the eyes [/b]

^^^ Understatement  :o    I thought she looked incredible last night, especially in the 6-inch heels and tinny mini-skirt.   :P

I sometimes watch Idol, and I use the word “watch” very loosely.  If there is nothing else on and/or someone else wants to watch it, the program is on in the background while I surf.  It is a fairly entertaining program and some of the kids are damn good singers.  Best part of the show is the auditions for the freaks and goofballs, plus the eye candy.   ;D

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 24, 2007, 02:37:07 PM

GREEN DAY SOLD OUT!! lol!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 24, 2007, 02:55:36 PM

GREEN DAY SOLD OUT!! lol!!

That happened a long time ago  ;)

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 24, 2007, 03:05:37 PM

I think a lot of my not watching has to do with the fact I'm not married and currently have no girlfriend. Because if that was the case, you know I'd be stuck watching it every week, or have to find something else to do.
Now, if you want to talk about "The Girls Next Door" I could go on for hours!  ;)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#38 : May 24, 2007, 04:34:15 PM

[/b]But I do admit Carrie Underwood is easy on the eyes [/b]

^^^ Understatement  :o    I thought she looked incredible last night, especially in the 6-inch heels and tinny mini-skirt.   :P

I sometimes watch Idol, and I use the word “watch” very loosely.  If there is nothing else on and/or someone else wants to watch it, the program is on in the background while I surf.  It is a fairly entertaining program and some of the kids are damn good singers.  Best part of the show is the auditions for the freaks and goofballs, plus the eye candy.   ;D

That's what I do. 

To me it's a free hour or 2 where I don't hear the wife complain about me working or surfing on the net. 

It's on in the background so I "watch" it often, but I don't really pay much attention.  There are several shows I "watch" in this manner.  Of course, AI is easier to follow along as it is mostly listening anyway. 

I do really watch however when certain folks grace the stage, like Carrie, the chick with the pics on the net, Kelly, and a few others from past years that I don't remember their names.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 24, 2007, 05:03:31 PM

So did I hear this right, Sanjaya got on there with Joe Perry, of all people, and sang "You Really Got Me?"
That's as bad as Celine Dion singing "You Shook Me All Night Long" at one of those diva shows. Another sign of the apocalypse.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#40 : May 24, 2007, 06:58:13 PM

The right person won in my opinion, and we'll probably be seeing alot more of her for a long time.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 24, 2007, 07:09:19 PM

Melinda can and should stay on track to do Tina Turner like music. I thought she was as good doing TT type/style music. To hear her do Tina's style was rocking...OBD

Buckaroo55

Second String

#42 : May 24, 2007, 09:28:20 PM

She had already been touring with BeBe & Cee Cee Winans and getting PAID for it, so even though she is really good I am glad they chose someone from out of nowhere who had nothing as far as a singing career goes. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 22, 2008, 11:49:43 AM

This year's idol?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 22, 2008, 11:50:17 AM

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 44
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: American Idol « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools