Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: American Idol « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 42 43 44

LFO

Hall of Famer

#645 : May 22, 2008, 12:31:21 AM

How about Katherine McPhee? her debut album, sold 116,000 copies its first week, debuting at #2 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart.

Bo Bice is earning a decent living.  Diana DeGarmo is still hanging around.  Justin Guarini has made some good money, and he is still active.

It just depends what you call success.  All of them are probably wealthier than we will ever be, so that is fairly successful.

I heard McPhee got dropped and overall her success was dismal.  After the big week first she finished at 371,00 total.  De Garmo 166,000 speaks for itself.

I posted the #'s above, you can see all of the folks you mentioned have not had much success.

Bo Bice I would say had the best of all the so-called "losers" not named Aiken, but still the point was the guy said runner-ups had such great success when in fact they don't. 

Most people dob't know who De Garmo is, or Bice, or McPhee, etc.

#646 : May 22, 2008, 01:24:32 AM

Wasn't Chris Daughtrey a runner up the year that Hicks won it??

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#647 : May 22, 2008, 07:04:17 AM

YES!   The American finally wised up and realized Archuleta sucked the big one.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#648 : May 22, 2008, 07:07:10 AM

Absolutely.....I have been on the Blond for twenty plus years....me need some chocolate. :P 8)

Take it from someone who has sampled plenty of both.    There is no comparison between Carrie and Syesha.    Carrie is far hotter.    (I was in that chocolate mode a few years ago, but I doubt I'll ever go back to that again.   It was a phase, I have it out of my system.)    I'd still be all over Syesha, but Carrie is far hotter.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#649 : May 22, 2008, 07:51:43 AM

Says the guy who likes to watch grown men run around and play kickball, flail to the ground, and cry like a bunch of babies for a few hours. Now that's a real sport! ::)

LOL...that the best you have got.   ::) 
Meh....Just calling it like a see it.  Not really a surprise that a kickball fan watches this other girly crap.

Hey, I understand that AI is not for everyone - but I know dudes at my job who could kick your butt up and down Dale Mabry (and pretty much anyone's) and love Idol. It has nothing to do with "being manly". I think your posts scream of insecurity about your own orientation.

I watch it because I enjoy seeing new talent - Like country superstar Carrie Underwood, pop star Kelly Clarkson, and rock star Daughtry. I enjoy rooting for the person I think is most talented and has the best chance to succeed (like David Cook tonight)...

Idol has a little something for everyone. But hey, whatever. Go watch NASCAR or Wrestling or whatever you feel is manly enough for you.

As for those who watch -
I CALLED IT! For some reason, I don't know why...I had a feeling that in the end America would see that the Muppet was not ready to be the American Idol and the Cook was the complete package. I just hope Archie's dad doesn't beat him for losing. That guy is scary.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#650 : May 22, 2008, 08:10:34 AM

YES! The American finally wised up and realized Archuleta sucked the big one.

exactly, America got it right

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#651 : May 22, 2008, 08:17:03 AM

Absolutely.....I have been on the Blond for twenty plus years....me need some chocolate. :P 8)

Take it from someone who has sampled plenty of both.    There is no comparison between Carrie and Syesha.    Carrie is far hotter.    (I was in that chocolate mode a few years ago, but I doubt I'll ever go back to that again.   It was a phase, I have it out of my system.)    I'd still be all over Syesha, but Carrie is far hotter.

Yeah, I've always liked Carrie...Syesha's cute but she's no Beyonce or anything. Carrie is definitely one of the hottest contestants ever on AI, if not THE Hottest.

What the hell happened to Jordin? She was always a little chunky but the girl blew up...she could barely walk in those high heels, she nearly tripped over her cankles several times.

#652 : May 22, 2008, 02:02:14 PM

What the hell happened to Jordin? She was always a little chunky but the girl blew up...she could barely walk in those high heels, she nearly tripped over her cankles several times.

LMAO!!!  She is one big girl.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#653 : May 22, 2008, 02:05:15 PM

Jordin was big for her age when she won.  She lost weight in the first three months but she is definitely having problems controlling it.

Page: 1 ... 42 43 44
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: American Idol « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools