Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Witness can Place Vick at Dogfights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gone

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 17, 2007, 06:18:01 PM

IT's not the breeds.  IT's how they're raised, and keeping them from packing.  I have a Rottweiler, and she's not dangerous, better with the kid  than any small dog. 

With any dog you do have to be aware of packing, even if they're basically good dogs.  Let two of them run wild together and there's alway potential for trouble.

cobraboy

Second String

#16 : May 17, 2007, 06:41:23 PM

usually feed the raw meat and gunpowder, it makes them insane
Actually, they give fighting dogs gunpowder and cocaine. Rots their brains and stomach.

Real nice folks, huh?

If this is the least bit true, I hope they throw the freakin' book at Vick and his whole possee.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#17 : May 17, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

usually feed the raw meat and gunpowder, it makes them insane

and cocaine.

K-Swiss

Starter

#18 : May 17, 2007, 07:28:56 PM

I don't trust the person quoted in the article. If they have somebody placing Vick at the scene that would be a 'witness' not an 'informant.' An 'informant' is usually an unidentified, shady character that will say whatever gets him paid or out of trouble or whatever it is he is looking for. Either the person in the articl doesn't know what they are talking about or their 'informant' has no credibility.

Besides, what the heck do people think these dogs are used for?? Does anybody have a pitbull b/c they are good w/ kids?? NO!!!

Actually yes.  An American Red nose with Green eyes.  Extremely loving and protective of those he loves.

Their high level of pain tolerance is great for kids.  Ever have a kid step on the foot of a **CENSORED**er-spaniel, they feel the pain and bite as a result.  Pit-Bulls can tolerate such pain as to simply move their own paw or just brush it off. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 17, 2007, 11:15:03 PM

I don't trust the person quoted in the article. If they have somebody placing Vick at the scene that would be a 'witness' not an 'informant.' An 'informant' is usually an unidentified, shady character that will say whatever gets him paid or out of trouble or whatever it is he is looking for. Either the person in the articl doesn't know what they are talking about or their 'informant' has no credibility.

Besides, what the heck do people think these dogs are used for?? Does anybody have a pitbull b/c they are good w/ kids?? NO!!!

Actually yes.  An American Red nose with Green eyes.  Extremely loving and protective of those he loves.

Their high level of pain tolerance is great for kids.  Ever have a kid step on the foot of a **CENSORED**er-spaniel, they feel the pain and bite as a result.  Pit-Bulls can tolerate such pain as to simply move their own paw or just brush it off. 

That's what I try (and fail) to explain to people about my Rottie.  The kid could belly flop on her and she reacts lik "hu?  did something land on me?"  My kid would have been bit/nipped 100 times by a small dog.  Never even came close with the Rottie.

Aric

Starter

#20 : May 17, 2007, 11:19:45 PM

awesome pic caradoc. i have a cat that my kids lay all over and he just chills, the other cat runs away :)

PoorRichard

Starter

#21 : May 18, 2007, 12:04:38 AM

Actually yes. An American Red nose with Green eyes. Extremely loving and protective of those he loves.

Their high level of pain tolerance is great for kids. Ever have a kid step on the foot of a **CENSORED**er-spaniel, they feel the pain and bite as a result. Pit-Bulls can tolerate such pain as to simply move their own paw or just brush it off.

I guess I stand corrected. But dogs are dogs and kids are kids. Pit bulls are vicious by their nature, kids are not. I guess some parents care more about their animals...

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 18, 2007, 12:09:40 AM

Actually yes. An American Red nose with Green eyes. Extremely loving and protective of those he loves.

Their high level of pain tolerance is great for kids. Ever have a kid step on the foot of a **CENSORED**er-spaniel, they feel the pain and bite as a result. Pit-Bulls can tolerate such pain as to simply move their own paw or just brush it off.

I guess I stand corrected. But dogs are dogs and kids are kids. Pit bulls are vicious by their nature, kids are not. I guess some parents care more about their animals...

Dogs aren't viscious by nature.  They're animals, and no breed is more "viscious" than another.  Granted a Mastiff chewing on yer azz hurts more than a poodle, but the poodle is more likely to be biting you than the Mastiff.  And nice of you to comment on other people's parenting.  Wait till you have your own to talk kiddo.

#23 : May 18, 2007, 12:18:57 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/05/09/bc-dog-attack.html?ref=rss

Well i have 2 kids and there is no way i'd have a big dog, especially a pit or rott, around them. But thats just me. Everyone has to make their own choices.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 18, 2007, 10:18:11 AM

Pit bulls are vicious by their nature, kids are not. I guess some parents care more about their animals...

They are no more vicious by nature than German Shepperds. Ask Jews in the camps or civil rights protesters about how sweet those dogs are.

Discussion of Pit bull silliness:
http://malcolmgladwell.com/2006/2006_02_06_a_pitbull.html

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 18, 2007, 10:22:42 AM

The power of the dog is the issue.  A minature poodle bites and it leaves a wound that is manageable.  A big dog - any breed - that is angry enough to bite - well the results can be much worse.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 18, 2007, 11:07:19 AM

My dog weighs in at around 80 pounds. I let him take treats from my daughter's mouth and she's only 6. You would figure an 80 pound dog would be a threat. That's why we own a lab. Temperament is awesome, he loves my kids and protects them even if there is a knock at the door.

I had a 120lb rotti when my son was a small baby. That dog actually helped him learn to walk. She would let him grab her by the ear, pull himself up and then would walk by his side step by step. I did have one big issue with her though. I came home from training in the USAF  and had my face all painted and was wearing different cammo. She lunged at me and would have likely bitten my face off. Luckily, I grabbed her collar before that happened. It took a few full force punches to the face, wiping off the paint and talking to her in my normal voice to calm her down. For three days solid, she sat at my feet and "apologized' as best a dog could. I did end up having to get rid of her because of that though since there were many times I would be coming home like that with my career back then. No other issues except that one from a 120lb dog.

That being said, I wouldn't own a pit bull... even if I didn't have kids. I just don't trust them and I always  see a bit of evil in their eyes. I have never met one that that was nice or friendly, but that could all be the upbringing. Rotties used to fight off lions in the Roman days and they make a damn good pet, so over time, maybe any dog can be broken from traits.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 18, 2007, 12:18:10 PM

Dog training should be like a light switch.on when you need it off most of the time!
I dont care for pits but know this I sure aint scared of them.
It's all in how you carry your self.I am the alpha male in this house and all 6 shepherds know it!
In fact any dog or wolf I have been around knows this.Once you dont show fear things change.
Knowing how to read the dog is probably the most important thing.Anyone who ever has a issue with a agressive dog feel free to tag me.

cobraboy

Second String

#28 : May 18, 2007, 01:52:27 PM

Arguing about the temperment of dog breeds is not germane to Vicks involvement in illegal, underground organized dog fighting.

The truth is that Pitt Bulls are preferred in the 'hood, and are a gangsta symbol of violence. Fighting them is just another extention of the gangsta culture: I'm a bad a$$, and my dawg is badder than yours....

If dog fighting were just fun sport, you'd have a class for Yorkies and minipoos..."Mike Vick's Maltese Heaven"...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#29 : May 18, 2007, 01:57:31 PM

My pit-bull never once snapped at us growing up, he was the best dog ever, even brought us presants like birds, possoms, mice, I loved that dog, it is all in how you raise them

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Witness can Place Vick at Dogfights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools