Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Witness can Place Vick at Dogfights « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : May 18, 2007, 02:08:00 PM

If dog fighting were just fun sport, you'd have a class for Yorkies and minipoos..."Mike Vick's Maltese Heaven"...

Yorkies think they're bad shut-your-mouth types so that might be funny. I've seen my grandparents Shiz Tsu's go after each other and that sounds like a bloodbath based on noise but talk about sound and fury signifying nothing.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 18, 2007, 04:05:38 PM

I take my dog to a park several times a week. Temperment and disposition are more a factor of age or size (older, smaller dogs are more aggressive) than any particular breed. The pitbulls that come there are among the most friendly and playful. Any dog that is mistreated and abused will react violently. Any human being that views fighting dogs as a sport is sorely lacking in common decency. Vick deserves a lifetime ban from the NFL. This is way worse than gambling on NFL games and that was the punishment dealt out to a Cincinatti QB in the late '80s. Goodell won't make a stand with Vick. He'll get off with a slap on the wrist.

The dog in the "Our Gang" comedies was a pitbull.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 18, 2007, 04:06:51 PM

I take my dog to a park several times a week. Temperment and disposition are more a factor of

Wasn't Spuds McKenzie as well?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 18, 2007, 04:12:29 PM

I take my dog to a park several times a week. Temperment and disposition are more a factor of

Wasn't Spuds McKenzie as well?

I believe he was/is.

#34 : May 18, 2007, 11:36:41 PM

I like Portis but this is ridiculous:

http://www.wavy.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1449454&h1=Two%20Redskins%20players%20talk%20about%20Michael%20Vick%20investigation&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=141133&LaunchPageAdTag=Homepage&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http://www.wav

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 19, 2007, 03:43:02 AM

I like Portis but this is ridiculous:

http://www.wavy.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1449454&h1=Two%20Redskins%20players%20talk%20about%20Michael%20Vick%20investigation&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=141133&LaunchPageAdTag=Homepage&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http://www.wav

Portis is a moron and a clown who revealed his true character on a public forum. He has no compassion for dumb animals and believes some laws don't apply to members of the NFL. He doesn't even have sense enough to hide his true feelings or feel shame. Whoever raised him did a lousy job.

Bucs4ever

Practice Squad

#36 : May 19, 2007, 05:19:27 AM

I am pretty sure the "spuds mckenzie" dog was a bull terrier!!!! also would add that I once was a military k-9 trainer, and worked mostly with rotties, but other breeds as well.  I can most certainly attest to the fact that dogs react from 3 different causes, training, how they are are treated/mistreated, and fear. when you hear somebody say "he/she just snapped", I would answer that with, just as humans have chemicals that are naturally produced throughout our bodies/brain, when their is an imbalance severe enough, we see people "lose it"," go off the deep end".  the same can happen with dogs. its not germain to specific breeds, in reference to the ability for a dog to just snap.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#37 : May 19, 2007, 07:37:18 AM

Besides, what the heck do people think these dogs are used for?? Does anybody have a pitbull b/c they are good w/ kids?? NO!!!

Pits are great with kids, the crazy ones are that way because of how they're treated and raised. They get a bad rap because of idots who raise them for protection.

My Sister and brother in law have a female pit, along with 2 young children. I agree that the dog loves loves the kids and has been a great family dog. I will admit that I was unhappy and nervous when I heard they got it.

#38 : May 20, 2007, 12:11:48 PM

I can tell you from first hand knowledge that its not just the NFL or hip hop culture. And to those that aren't "dog lovers" it isn't a big deal. Its quite prevalent in different segments of society but now because of Vick's notoriety, the blind eye has been opened.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#39 : May 19, 2007, 07:07:24 PM

I don't trust the person quoted in the article. If they have somebody placing Vick at the scene that would be a 'witness' not an 'informant.' An 'informant' is usually an unidentified, shady character that will say whatever gets him paid or out of trouble or whatever it is he is looking for. Either the person in the articl doesn't know what they are talking about or their 'informant' has no credibility.

Besides, what the heck do people think these dogs are used for?? Does anybody have a pitbull b/c they are good w/ kids?? NO!!!
I actually have two pure bred Pitbulls. They  grew up with my son and daughter as pups, Pitbulls get a bad name because of horrid owners and alot of media attention. Pits are no different than any other dogs. Same goes to German Shepards, etc etc.. Its never the dogs fault, its usually the owner.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#40 : May 20, 2007, 11:34:41 AM

What a sick industry pit bull fighting is and I hope that Vick is suspended and faces legal action, but chances are money will keep him out of jail and he will probably get 2 or 3 years probation only.
Vick isn't doing this dog fighting in a vacuum.  He isn't somehow addicted to dogs and his NFL friends are thinking about doing an intervention.  No. In his social circle this is cool, and his social circle is the hip hop culture and includes other football players too.   This isn't a case where Vick says "OK guys see you later I gotta go home to the wife" and is secretly thinking (I'm gonna go fight dogs ah ha ha!).  Vick rides around in limos. He's a celebrity. He is a social person.  He's not keeping this secret habit from his friends.  Running this big dog ring is part of his status in his circle.  Anyway Vick is doing what is cool and taking it to the Nth degree. 

The real untold story is going to be how prevalent it is.   Supposedly its part of the hip hop or "popular culture"or whatever you want to call it.   As a high school teacher, I can vouch for the fact that whenever a male kid says he wants a dog its a pit bull.   They aren't necessarily looking to fight the dog, but its the fact that they have a fighting dog which is cool.   But they want it to be tough.  Its only a small step to get involved in dog fighting from there.

The next step in this is already starting to come out, and that is how many NFL players and other people don't think its a big deal. The next step after that will be that the mainstream media and society will start finding out how increasingly popular it is becoming among the NFL and the rest of America.  I don't know. This is just my prediction.

Buckaroo55

Second String

#41 : May 20, 2007, 11:07:28 AM

What a sick industry pit bull fighting is and I hope that Vick is suspended and faces legal action, but chances are money will keep him out of jail and he will probably get 2 or 3 years probation only.

cobraboy

Second String

#42 : May 20, 2007, 09:47:00 AM

I don't trust the person quoted in the article. If they have somebody placing Vick at the scene that would be a 'witness' not an 'informant.' An 'informant' is usually an unidentified, shady character that will say whatever gets him paid or out of trouble or whatever it is he is looking for. Either the person in the articl doesn't know what they are talking about or their 'informant' has no credibility.

I actually have two pure bred Pitbulls. They grew up with my son and daughter as pups, Pitbulls get a bad name because of horrid owners and alot of media attention. Pits are no different than any other dogs. Same goes to German Shepards, etc etc.. Its never the dogs fault, its usually the owner.
While I'm sure your pups are harmless lovable doggies, the same cannot be said for ALL Pit Bulls.

The fact is that the Pit Bull has become a symbol within the hip-hop "urban" culture. There is a massive industry there for these animals. But unfortunately, the breed has been badly inbred, many generations of bad genes being passed along. The "gangsta" types in the "culture" who worship these dogs do not understand proper breeding of the animals.

Combine 1) many generations of inbreeding, 2) bad raising by the breeders, and 3) horrible training, from puppy-hood, from thug owners with an agenda, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Would YOU (the rhetorical "you") want to buy and breed one of Vick's dogs, one fed with gunpowder and cocaine, and leave them with your small child?

C'Mon. Pits are no longer a "pure" AKA breed liks a **CENSORED**er Spaniel ot Lab is. The breed has been horribly bastardized by irresponsible folks who can't even raise huiman children effectively.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

buckit

Hall of Famer

#43 : May 21, 2007, 02:20:36 PM

The last 6 months of Vick's life have been a true mess.

A great one if your a Bucs fan...

Even non Buc fans hate Vick...in fact, really only Falcon fans still think he's an ok guy.  Make way for Joey!

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

marlevr

Second String
#44 : May 21, 2007, 03:49:15 PM

And even Falcants fans are turning their backs to Vick, remember that game they started hecklig him and he flipped them off.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Witness can Place Vick at Dogfights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools