Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's Loyal Bashers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

#15 : October 30, 2006, 09:24:50 PM

Karen

I gave you good reason.  I just dd not say what you wanted to hear so you got pissed off.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 30, 2006, 09:28:03 PM

At least I don't have a sock between my ears as do some people here.

we know it's the sign that reads 'Space for Rent' thats killing your posts

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 30, 2006, 09:34:44 PM

You know what, I'm getting really, really bored by all the homer types on here that I'm gonna cease calling homers. You all don't care about the Bucs, you care about Lil' Johnny. This team looked like garbage yesterday, at least the elements under Gruden's direct control. The gameplan was trash and everyone not sucking on one of Gruden's man teats knows it. The offense, that he's a genius at, put up 3 points and it didn't even deserve that. You think nothing about that deserves any questions? Really, what does...the answer is nothing becuase most of you Grudenistas don't care about any outcome but hugging your Chucky dolls.

Bottom line, when this team doesn't stink like 3 day old fish come talk to me about all the football you know. Until then I think there is some criticism that should be directed at the HC for putting that mess on the field.

So in your opinion Gruden's playcalling asked for several drops and fumbles in the endzone, redzone, and beyond the 50 on crucial 4th down plays. That makes sense???? Great opinion. Us so called Homers just request you so called bashers take the blinders off and get a clue-- if those perfectly thrown balls are caught it is likely a win in our favor. Sure he gave up on the run early and should have stayed with it longer But i cant find a whole lot of fault against a guy when he is having his QB throw for the win and good receivers are dropping easy catches in man coverage. Especially when they are down by 14 early and the run had generated 4 yards on 7 carries when he went pass happy. i fault him for given up on the run but lets face it the dropped balls cost us that game.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 30, 2006, 09:39:07 PM

I did not like the playcalling in this game.  Too conservative early on and too aggressive late in the game.  Still with that all said Gruden dialed up plays downfield which many have asked for.  Not only that Grads delivered some throws downfield some have asked for.  Unfortunately the WR's could not haul in passes.

As bad as the Bucs played compared to the Saints and Panthers I do not feel so bad anymore. The Bucs were not blown out in this game and were in it the entire game even with the anemic offense.

Gruden deserves blame but at this point the Bucs have not been blown out so that is something to hang your hat on.  If the Bucs were consistently being blown out then I would say Gruden had lost the team.  But it appears some players still care about playing for him.  Just need to ship out the rest that do not.

#19 : October 30, 2006, 09:41:15 PM

All goes back to the youth on offense at the skill positions.  It really IS as simple as that.

There ARE other concerns on this team, but offensively, youth is the obstacle right now.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 30, 2006, 09:50:07 PM

16-0 you mean we only won 16 games!!!!!!  Some of you need to get a grip, you either with this team or not.  As some of you sorry people sit there with your Bears, Giants, Eagles or other jerseys on today then come to the stadium on Sundays with your Bucs gear - get out.  I have been a fan since day one and I will say this is nowhere near the doom and gloom it used to be in the past.  We all knew we needed to add talent to the offense and we have done that - yes the defense has been beglected a little but damn we can't draft everybody.  Most of the money is still tied into the defense so yes they should be outplaying he offense and last time I checked a lot of teams with rookie QB's struggle.  Yes, the play calling was questionable but why run the ball when we can only get a yard or two at the most - even if we run it we will still be three and out.  I see some promise on this team and maybe we have a losing season this year but we finally have money under the cap to revamp some key positions plus we have four picks in the first three rounds so we could have a couple more youth players playing.  For all those that want to blame Gruden blame Monte also as there were plenty of missed tackles and poor draft choices on the defensive side of the ball and don'tkid yourself, Monte has the say on defense.  I hope all you sorry bandwagon fans just get the hell out as we don't need you and we don't want you.

#21 : October 30, 2006, 10:04:22 PM

Come on Dal....you are too smart for this.  You gotta admit that expectations from this group have to be tempered because of the inexperience.  You were in Dallas for the Aikman era debut weren't you?  The 1-15 start?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 30, 2006, 10:14:59 PM

Gruden must have been a poster on this board right after he watched that hypnotist that says, "3-2-1, SLEEP!"  I have never in my entire life seen a group of Buc fans so in love with a coach! 
Consider this then.  If he does in fact get fired, do you follow him to Troy State and root him on as the new QB coach?  The guy gets no respect from other coaches or media in this league for many reasons, but I will state one: It is all about him.  He needs to change, and he better do it in a hurry.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 31, 2006, 01:15:17 AM

So in your opinion Gruden's playcalling asked for several drops and fumbles in the endzone, redzone, and beyond the 50 on crucial 4th down plays. That makes sense???? Great opinion.

Wow you got me there hoss. What a brilliant, life altering come back. I guess that Dungy dialed up George Hegamin turning into a turnstile too? Get a grip you dopes. You want everyone else to be to blame for what the HC rolls on the field but him. Oh it is McKay. Oh it is the wind. Oh it is a lack of draft picks. Oh it is....who knows anymore. You are pathetic and all your little gang of bleeting sheep that can't do anything but bust out the Gruden excuse generator even when he has a lousy game. Good god, if he has a good game give credit but for bad games give the blame. How hard is that to do.
What brilliant life altering non come back of your putrid diatribe that continues to blame Gruden for everything. Answer this-- was there plays there to win the game that guys did not execute? Take the hater blockers off and be honest. I posted my blame that he did give up on the run too early. I said but how can you find a whole lot of fault when guys don't make the plays they are expected to that would have likely won the game. What's pathetic is your incessant Gruden bashing. I faulted him for not sticking more with the run but it's not all on Gruden as you would propose except the fact his players did not execute but the playcalling while lopsided to a fault still allowed enough to win the game if guys were doing their jobs. If you can't see that well then it must be sheer blind hate-- try being objective. Or just get a room with BucsGuru -- he's as blind as you.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 31, 2006, 07:28:17 AM

BF4L, some of these posters can't be objective, and love to take every opportunity available to be biased and throw out names like "homers" and such.   It's a shame they take such pleasure in that.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 31, 2006, 07:29:22 AM

This was a team that virtually everone on the board said was "The Best Buc Team Ever", with a "Top 3 Coaching Staff", and a "Big Play Offense."  

You can't have it both ways.  Either the talent is there due to the last three offseasons, and Gruden isn't coaching it up, or the last three offseasons were not good at all, and Gruden is left with a shamble of a roster.

The truth, IMHO, is in the middle.  

The 04 offseason is now probably the worst we have seen as Buc fans since the 86 nightmare.  05 broughts us Caddy who is fine, but not nearly an LT, and Smith at TE who Gruden barely uses.  06 the jury is still out.  FA has brought us Becht and Bidwell - In three years, and no, Im not making this up.

Among the decisions from the FO:

*Drafted Clayton instead of DJ Williams or Stephen Jackson
*Traded McCardell for Chris Colmer instead of LJ
*The entire 04 FA fiasco which included us signing IO intead of TJ for about the same money.  
* Drafted a bunch of Ivy League TE's instead of grabbing a guy like Parker
*Got rid of Lynch because he was too old, but then turned around in the same breath and signed Deese and Steussie.
* Kept guys like Biasucka and Muir, and gave them extensions, when their performance did not warrant it.  

In fairness their were positives.  Drafting Caddy instead of BMW and trading Booger for a 2 were both good moves.  

Gruden is a good coach, but he is stretched too thin.  He has gone from a good up and coming HC to a terrible OC, league worst GM, and mediocre to bad HC.  He needs help in the FO and in the offensive coaching staff.  

Hiring his cronies clearly is not the way to go.  Guys like Hackett, Kromer, TH Giemont, Biasucka, and especially Allen are low wattage guys with nothing of value to a team like the Bucs.  

I have no problem keeping Gruden like Seattle kept Holmgren.  But we desperatly need a new GM and a real offensive coaching staff.  

#26 : October 31, 2006, 07:49:04 AM

Good post Curt....FINALLY someone backed up their posts with some options to look at.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 31, 2006, 07:49:41 AM

CurtR1995, I couldn't agree with you more my friend.  I too, think keeping Gruden would be beneficial if HE would CHANGE and allow a OC to join the team and would be willing to part ways with Allen.  The truth is, up to this point he has had the say in both of those situations and has not pulled the trigger in making any changes. 
There really is such a thing of having "too much" of something.  Too much sleep makes you; SLEEPY!?  Too much coffee makes you; aggitated.  Too much of any coach in this league with it's demands is well, too much.  But this is what he wanted and what he has, so either the front office steps in or we continue to fall apart. 
There is no doubt in my mind the guy wants to win.  But he has just fallen apart in many phases of his responsibilities and it has gotten obvious and old.

#28 : October 31, 2006, 08:03:19 AM

To take it a step further, some of you fans wanted younger players too.  Well, this is what YOU wanted and this is what YOU got.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 31, 2006, 08:10:09 AM

Curt, while I agree with you about the majority of your post, I don't agree with you about Allen.  He's spent most of his time here trying to clear up salary issues, and other than the FA fiasco with 2-3 players, I think he's done a good job.  Maybe now that we'll have some money to spend he'll be able to prove his worth.  JMHO.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's Loyal Bashers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools