Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's Loyal Bashers « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#75 : September 26, 2007, 08:20:26 AM

I opened this thread and saw a post by Karen.  I thought WHAT THE HECK?  Then I looked at the dates, and it all made sense.

Nice.

LtFox

Starter

#76 : September 26, 2007, 11:01:18 AM

Gee, after all of Tony's 3-4 starts here, I hope your post is drenched with sarcasm.

Hell's Bells...I could be undefeated with THAT team. Of course, Tony still can't get out of the playoffs without a loss, not even in Indy.

Ummm....didn't Tony and the Colts win the Super Bowl last year? As ridiculous as it might be to bash Gruden you sound equally foolish bashing Tony. In essence, aren't you really doing the very thing you admonish others for? Sounds sort of hypocritical. How about this- both Gruden and Dungy are both excellent football coaches....

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#77 : September 26, 2007, 11:13:35 AM

Ummm....didn't Tony and the Colts win the Super Bowl last year? As ridiculous as it might be to bash Gruden you sound equally foolish bashing Tony. In essence, aren't you really doing the very thing you admonish others for? Sounds sort of hypocritical. How about this- both Gruden and Dungy are both excellent football coaches....

check the date on that post player.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#78 : September 26, 2007, 11:26:32 AM

I'm disappionted so many of us would be willing to fire Jon and start over. Thankfully it won't happen this year or through 2007 no matter WHAT happens.
I EXPECT this team to compete for the South and beyond next year and am quite sure it will. I EXPEXT Jon Gruden will coach here for many, many more years with great sucess. Unfortunately I EXPECT some posters to be upset by his sucess until the day he retires! LOL [banghead]

Did ANYONE foresee Simms falling apart as the starting QB and physically and the team being forced to use our third string rookie? No way. Personally, I believe the irony is that it is for the BETTER! WCO/Gruden?Grads......a match made in Buc Heaven.......NOT the store.

Hey tell the Glazers I said "hello" Mr. Garvey. So do you really think if we have another losing season next season Jon stays? his excuse then will be that the QB is only a sophmore. The o-line STILL needs time. John, aren't you tired of posting excuses?! Wouldn't you just once like to say that the guy has made some pretty bad decisions and needs to get busy winning, and soon?

I believe we WILL have a WINNING season next year, I really do. Another losing season, barring three or more starters out for the year, and you well may be right. But, IMO, that is NOT going to happen. I'm one who will be happy with winning and not looking for reasons to complain. I believe we are on the path to winning NOW. Sue me if you don't like it.

Damn, I'm good. I'm VERY good. And most of us are pretty damn proud oof what Jon, Bruce and the coaching staff has done so far this year. Guys, we have a team that WILL be competing for the South in December and that is rebuilding at the SAME TIME!

The Great Garvnac has TYPED!

Now, back to the Insider Board where sanity prevails............MOST of the time!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#79 : September 26, 2007, 05:18:47 PM

I remember when Abuccs had a list of all the Simms bashers. I'm surprised no one kept one for Gruden.
There was quite a few guys on that list...

I was not one of them.

Those guys are actually pretty happy right about now.
Why would they be happy? They were all wrong.
These are some of the quotes from the members of the Simms bashing list. Keep in mind now, these things were said when Griese was the starter.
"Simms is only in the NFL because of the name on the back of his shirt."
"Simms has a weak arm."
"Simms will never be a starting QB in the NFL."
"Simms is inaccurate."
"Simms will never be named a starter under Jon Gruden."
"Simms is a choker, and will never lead a team from behind and win."
"Simms will never have a winning record in the NFL."
...there are more Boid. The kid had only played one complete game in the NFL, and these were the things being said. Weak arm? that one still makes me laugh.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden's Loyal Bashers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools