Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sam Olajubutu « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : May 19, 2007, 10:06:23 PM

He will not make the roster. Im not saying he isn't talented...but we are extremely talented at the LB position. Plus, your talking about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense. A defense which traditionally ranks amongst the top of the league. If i was an undrafted free agent or a guy that signed just to be a camp fodder, I'd go to a team thats defense isn't stronglyt talented like the Bucs, Bears, Ravens, etc.

1.Derrick Brooks
2.Barrett Ruud
3.Cato June
4.Ryan Nece
5.Quincy Black
6.Patrick Chuckwurarah

Those are the 6 that will make the team. Now they may list Chuckwurarah as a DE, but I find that unlikely with that position being stacked as well.

Even so, I think Jamie Winborn and Adam Hayward are fighting each other for a spot on the team, if the Bucs go ahead and keep 7 linebackers... Not Olajubutu...

hayward and winborn will make the team

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 20, 2007, 03:42:26 AM

He makes the team as the 8th lber but maybe the#1 gunner on punts and kos ....we should have one hell of a special teams unit....with Jackson,Piscitelli,Black,Nece.Hayward,Warren,Smith,Clayton,Chukwurah,Petersen,sounds like a lot of broken bones ;)

LA BUC

Starter

#17 : May 20, 2007, 03:25:50 AM

Brooks      Ruud     June
  Hayward   Black    Nece
           Chuckwurarah
              LB/DE

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 20, 2007, 04:56:00 AM

The fact that Sam chose to sign with a team that had loaded up competition for the position, should be a clue. He is confident in his abilities and knows the tradition and coaching available under Monte's direction. He wants to be the best among the best. A lesser player would have signed with a team that was weak at LB. This young man has ambition and high goals. He is a player and I believe he will win a spot on this roster. I believe he will be great and some of his competition can be beaten. This is just a gut feeling in response to some very well thought out replies. I like this guy.

zed

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 20, 2007, 07:08:22 AM

winborn over nece? sheesh!! since when is JDub slotted to play SAM? on the contrary, uncle stan, you might be selling lott jr a bit short. all the guy has done is been a consistent, hard working, team oriented, healthy SAM LB for the bucs. he plays his role very well and has to be unseated before i believe he'll be unseated.

ryan went with "nece" instead of "lott" so he can earn his own stripes. this type of man ain't lettin his job go to some 2-bit, oft injured, nothing special LB.

sorry fellas, winny ain't playin SAM in TB. he has a better shot beating out cato to be derrick's heir apparent.
You make some good points.  If anything, we have a nice dilemma to have.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sam Olajubutu « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools