Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 Step Drop... « previous next »
Page: 1

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

: October 31, 2006, 10:54:32 AM

...needs to be worked on!

we seem to really have  a problem with this, either the QB is rushed to fast and checks down to soon or we have batted passes at the line,  teams know what we are doing, they are prediciting what scheme we are running.

There were a cpl plays i can remember from Sunday's loss that we did a 3 step drop and their DE's drop back in coverage to tip or batt the ball down or they rush the hell out of Grads.

Is it Rookie Mistakes? is it Gruden's Mistakes? is it the OL mistakes?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 31, 2006, 10:58:06 AM

It is a combination of everything.  You can tell at times the timing was off.  Not to mention the conditions really altered the timing as well.

calicojack

Starter
#2 : October 31, 2006, 11:01:15 AM

I don't see any batted balls 'at the line.'  The bats are in the QBs face.  That is on the OL.

The Dream Team

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#3 : October 31, 2006, 11:01:46 AM

another thing i have noticed is that when Simms had batted passes we called for his head, since grads has taken over, he's had a few batted passes as well, but yet noone is calling for his head.....hmmmmmm

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 31, 2006, 11:03:15 AM

This has been a problem all year.  It was definitely more evident with Simms, but we are still seeing issues after a QB change.  As stated above, there are many factors contributing, but it still looks like the OL is not engaging the DL on these plays.  Once the DL stops engaging to try to tip/bat the ball, we are not seeing the OL club or push or otherwise make them pay.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : October 31, 2006, 11:06:59 AM

It is a combination of everything.  You can tell at times the timing was off.  Not to mention the conditions really altered the timing as well.
The conditions???? Weather was great for the first 6 games. 3 step drop hasn't worked in any of them.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 31, 2006, 11:07:09 AM

another thing i have noticed is that when Simms had batted passes we called for his head, since grads has taken over, he's had a few batted passes as well, but yet noone is calling for his head.....hmmmmmm
Grads did have a few batted in the last few games, but Simms had a few batted ON EVERY SERIES................ hmmmmmmmmmmm

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#7 : October 31, 2006, 11:09:48 AM

ON EVERY SERIES

now i wouldn't go that far, but he did have alot, but its a trend with our season this yr, the OL needs to punch the DL in the cherries or be a man and take the DL out of the play

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 31, 2006, 11:10:57 AM

The conditions???? Weather was great for the first 6 games. 3 step drop hasn't worked in any of them.

I was refering to the last game.  The timing on the short passes were off the most in this last game (Eg threw behind Galloway for a first down) and Grads had a lot of tipped balls in the Giants game.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : October 31, 2006, 11:13:04 AM

I was refering to the last game.  The timing on the short passes were off the most in this last game (Eg threw behind Galloway for a first down) and Grads had a lot of tipped balls in the Giants game.

If you're blaming the weather for Sunday, what's your excuse for the other 6 games?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 31, 2006, 11:16:30 AM

If you're blaming the weather for Sunday, what's your excuse for the other 6 games?

Who said it is an excuse?  You are making that assumption.   

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : October 31, 2006, 11:27:30 AM

The topic of this thread, and many others in the past is that the 3 step drop isn't working. Hasn't worked no matter who the QB is, or the O-linemen, or the weather conditions. You gave your opinion of why it didn't work Sunday...the weather. Why not the other 6 games?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 31, 2006, 11:46:05 AM

The topic of this thread, and many others in the past is that the 3 step drop isn't working. Hasn't worked no matter who the QB is, or the O-linemen, or the weather conditions. You gave your opinion of why it didn't work Sunday...the weather. Why not the other 6 games?

The 3 step drop worked well in the New Orleans game which you have watched countless time accoridng to you with your TiVO (but somehow missed Galloway's catch on a play action pass by Grads) .  The Bengals and Eagles games the three step worked even with Bruce's inaccuracy when it came down to crunch time it worked.

Bruce's passes have been batted for the most part when D-lineman are penetrating into the backfield (Strahan).

Right now you have a rookie that is trying to consistently get his timing down.  Simms is a young QB and it is hard to imagine him having his timing down on the three step drop to perfection when he has yet to play an entire season as a starter.

Not sure what you are alluding to but if you want to keep reading those player bios I will not stop you if that is how you get off.   :D I do not think there is anything wrong with Gruden's three step drops if that is what you are implying.

But if you want to make that crazy leap of a theory that is your choice.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : October 31, 2006, 12:04:50 PM

ADW, you are so full of it, it's hilarous. Play action pass? Sure, that's the topic at hand.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 3 Step Drop... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools