Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adams #90? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 23, 2007, 04:16:31 PM

i just dont want to buy #90, and then in 1-2 years Adams becomes #93 for the rest of his career. 

it'll be a popular "retro" item if he goes on to glory in his career.  imagine if john lynch were #33 for the first 2 years of his career before making #47 famous - i guarantee you the original jersey would be a fast seller on ebay, since stuff like that backs up a fan's "been there from the start" status.

lord knows i'd look like more of an insider if the ronde barber jersey i bought back when nobody liked him sported #22 or something, so folks would know i didn't just jump on the bandwagon.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 23, 2007, 05:28:09 PM

Players switch a lot, I don't think any fan should be speaking for what a player wants to do...

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE, changing numbers does happen frequently, even though the NFL did not allow Ricky Williams to switch to #27.  The Bucs will not have anyone wear #99 because of the surplus of Sapp jerseys in the market, if anyone would wear #99 people could just change the name plate which doesn't make a dime for the buccaneers or the NFL, if teams and the NFL can avoid it they often times (but not all the time) try not to have new players wear old stars' numbers.

Look at all these Bucs that have changed numbers...

Will allen went form 37 to 26
Gramatica went from 7 to 10
mark royals wore #2 in 1999 preseason before going to #3
Regan upshaw was first 73 then went to 91
Alvin harper was 82 then went to #80 in 1996
Aaron Stecker went from 27 to 22
Dexter jackson had to wear #28 before going back to #34
Travis stephens went from #36 to #34 in 2003
Mitch Palmer went from #54 to #57 in 1999
Chidi went from #90 to #72 to #95
Jacquez Green went fro #15, #80 before settling right before the season on #81 in 1998
David Boston already has gone from #11 to #89
Joe hamilton went from #14 to #1
Jackie Harris went from #81 to #80
Charles Lee went from #81 to #82
Dave Moore wore #86 for a few games
Edell Shepard wore #3 before #86
David Gibson wore #46 before going to #22
Rabih Abdullah wore #26 before #27
Bill Schroeder wore #4 before going to #11

You guys should get facts before making broad statements with NOTHING to back it up, that is why i hate forums because anyone with half a brain can say whatever.  Now, i am not saying that I am a genius but i will at least attempt to back up what I say.

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time, of all of the players on your list, only about 4 of those players (Green, Gramatica, Harper and maybe Moore or Ahanotu) ever had replica jerseys made. As for Moore and Ahanotu, they only switched numbers because they left the team and came back later when their previous jersey numbers were occupied. Harper switched jersey numbers in his last season as a Buc, and the same with Gramatica I believe. Green never had a replica jersey made up with 15 or 80 on it to my knowledge – only 81.

I think Adams sticking with 90 is a safe bet because he's such a high first-round draft pick. If he gets into a groove with 90 he won't want to change.

i143corruption

Practice Squad

#17 : May 23, 2007, 06:53:51 PM

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE, changing numbers does happen frequently

is that what u tell everyone who you dont agree with?
well think before you type. how many bucs did u list that was a 1st round pick?

Players switch a lot, I don't think any fan should be speaking for what a player wants to do...
......The Bucs will not have anyone wear #99 because of the surplus of Sapp jerseys in the market, if anyone would wear #99 people could just change the name plate which doesn't make a dime for the buccaneers or the NFL, if teams and the NFL can avoid it they often times (but not all the time) try not to have new players wear old stars' numbers.

wow, what a clueless hypocrite. anyways, back to football talk...
are the bucs really telling gaines to try and pick another number besides 99?. did they tell trent dilfer not to wear doug william's number?

You guys should get facts before making broad statements with NOTHING to back it up, that is why i hate forums because anyone with half a brain can say whatever.  Now, i am not saying that I am a genius but i will at least attempt to back up what I say.

your facts didnt mean squat, other than that u are a stuck up cry baby, who your parents didnt punish enough when acted up as a kid. also, u need to watch more espn, because ALL of your talking is coming out of your....

now those are facts, Boss. and for the sake of pewter report, change your attitude or you are going to run all of the new comers off.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 23, 2007, 07:26:08 PM

Facial

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#19 : May 23, 2007, 07:53:42 PM

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE, changing numbers does happen frequently, even though the NFL did not allow Ricky Williams to switch to #27. The Bucs will not have anyone wear #99 because of the surplus of Sapp jerseys in the market, if anyone would wear #99 people could just change the name plate which doesn't make a dime for the buccaneers or the NFL, if teams and the NFL can avoid it they often times (but not all the time) try not to have new players wear old stars' numbers.

Jacquez Green went fro #15, #80 before settling right before the season on #81 in 1998

You guys should get facts before making broad statements with NOTHING to back it up, that is why i hate forums because anyone with half a brain can say whatever. Now, i am not saying that I am a genius but i will at least attempt to back up what I say.

The reason no one wears 99 is because Sapp is a future hall of famer that will have his number retired by the Bucs when they eventually get a ring of fame.
Google working well for you? Dont bash people when you googled that info, Dont act like you knew all that yourself.

#20 : May 23, 2007, 08:19:46 PM

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE, changing numbers does happen frequently, even though the NFL did not allow Ricky Williams to switch to #27. The Bucs will not have anyone wear #99 because of the surplus of Sapp jerseys in the market, if anyone would wear #99 people could just change the name plate which doesn't make a dime for the buccaneers or the NFL, if teams and the NFL can avoid it they often times (but not all the time) try not to have new players wear old stars' numbers.

You guys should get facts before making broad statements with NOTHING to back it up, that is why i hate forums because anyone with half a brain can say whatever. Now, i am not saying that I am a genius but i will at least attempt to back up what I say.

Funny of you to mention that....Didn't you at one time go by "Bucs17"  & then changed it to "Bucs47" to finally settle on "Bucs33" ?

;)

GenBrooks55

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 23, 2007, 08:24:59 PM

Now that was funny GenBrooks.  Very nice.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 23, 2007, 10:18:29 PM

Settle down, guys. Let's just have some friendly Bucs talk, okay?

i143corruption

Practice Squad

#23 : May 23, 2007, 11:25:57 PM

yes

T

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 24, 2007, 10:44:38 PM

I'll wait to see how any rookie plays before I buy their jersey.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#25 : May 25, 2007, 02:45:12 AM

I'll wait to see how any rookie plays before I buy their jersey.
Me too, but I'm so tempted to buy a Sabby Piscitelli, partly because he has the coolest name in football.

i143corruption

Practice Squad

#26 : May 28, 2007, 12:45:55 AM

yeah, but so did Will Allen and Jermaine Phillips the screwdriver ;)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adams #90? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools