Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jeff Garcia Means « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

buckit

Hall of Famer

: May 21, 2007, 02:13:20 PM

NFL Classics recently re-aried the Monday Night Football game (2003) between The Colts and Bucs.  The Bucs had Pittman at RB, Keyshawn and Keenan at WR.  But the offense was rolling, hard.  The X factor?  Brad Johnson.  It clearly showed just how effective Gruden can be with a veteren QB.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

JC510

Practice Squad

#1 : May 21, 2007, 03:01:28 PM

Gruden had Brad Johnson in the beginning of 2004 and the offense stunk. Then Simms/Griese came in and gave the offense some juice. I'm all for having an experienced vet, but he better be able to make all throws. Garcia was able to make all the throws last year, lets see if he can do it this year.

orlandobuc

Starter

#2 : May 21, 2007, 03:04:28 PM

The X factor is always the offensive line. When they got on a roll at the 12th game of the super bowl season, well they went on to win it all.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 21, 2007, 03:15:22 PM

brad johnson, imo, had an undisclosed arm injury.  I remember that year.  it was if he forgot how to throw.  his arm looked like it was giving out.  but there was no talk of any injury.  then he sat on the bench for a year at the vikings, rested his arm, and really helped his team until....his arm gave out again.  it reminded me of that horribleb picture of that major league pitcher who actually threw his arm out aftrer he had had cancer treatments and was pronounced cured.  Thankfully it wasn't THAT bad for Brad but he is now the equivalent of a relief pitcher.  He cannot go a whole game.

I agree.  As much as I want everything to come up roses for my Bucs, there are quite a few questions hanging over that will only be resolved in playing,,,,not even in TC.  Will Garcia's arm holdout.  Who will be #2?  And to me the main thing, with so many new and young players and a few vets, are the holes plugged enough to play well?  Can the team cohese?  Can we start scoring?  Will the oline protect the QB?  Did the D get enuf juice to begin it's rebuilding?  Do we have Brook's replacement or not?  How many more years for Ronde?  Are Caddy and Clayton good to go again.  Man, that's a lot, really it is too much to expect that everything will be solved...so my question is: do we think it is good enough to get us to 9-7 or 8-8.  That's what we need to see next year...what can we compensate for and what "has to be in place."

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 21, 2007, 04:52:51 PM

It also means Carmella is coming to Tampa and maybe will show up at a few games!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 21, 2007, 04:56:40 PM

It also means Carmella is coming to Tampa and maybe will show up at a few games!

I'll drink to that!!  Beats the hell outta Kurt Warner's wife

marlevr

Second String
#6 : May 21, 2007, 04:57:37 PM

Who's Carmella? Do we have pics for the education of our fellow board members?  ;D ;D

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : May 21, 2007, 04:58:26 PM

NFL Classics recently re-aried the Monday Night Football game (2003) between The Colts and Bucs.  The Bucs had Pittman at RB, Keyshawn and Keenan at WR.  But the offense was rolling, hard.  The X factor?  Brad Johnson.  It clearly showed just how effective Gruden can be with a veteren QB.
What did Garcia mean to Detroit and Cleveland?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#8 : May 21, 2007, 05:09:05 PM

NFL Classics recently re-aried the Monday Night Football game (2003) between The Colts and Bucs. The Bucs had Pittman at RB, Keyshawn and Keenan at WR. But the offense was rolling, hard. The X factor? Brad Johnson. It clearly showed just how effective Gruden can be with a veteren QB.
Don't know. What did he mean to Philly and SF?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 21, 2007, 05:12:52 PM

Cleveland and Detroit would make Manning and Brady look bad.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : May 21, 2007, 05:22:36 PM

Cleveland and Detroit would make Manning and Brady look bad.

Good QB's make their teams look better. That offensive crew in NE last year wasn't gonna scare anyone. Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell? Dear god if we'd had that people'd be nuts. Garcia in DET had Roy W and Marcus Pollard and he was outplayed by Joey Harrington (again, same system, same problems). In CLE he was outplayed by Kelly Holcomb so while neither situation was ideal others overcame where he didn't. Garcia isn't a difference maker on his own, give him a good enough cast and he can distribute the ball around, especially to the backs. We don't have that luxury and we don't have the depth at WR nor TE nor RB that PHL did. My biggest concern is the RB recpetions, Caddy needs to be large on that front and take a huge step forward for Garcia to really shine here.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#11 : May 21, 2007, 05:54:37 PM

NFL Classics recently re-aried the Monday Night Football game (2003) between The Colts and Bucs. The Bucs had Pittman at RB, Keyshawn and Keenan at WR. But the offense was rolling, hard. The X factor? Brad Johnson. It clearly showed just how effective Gruden can be with a veteren QB.
Garcia did the exact same thing AJ Feeley did. Came in and managed an already good team. What did Feeley do in Miami?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 21, 2007, 05:56:55 PM

Garcia did the exact same thing AJ Feeley did. Came in and managed an already good team. What did Feeley do in Miami?
Who cares? Garcia is a legit NFL QB, anyone who says otherwise is just a hater. I know you don't want any competition for your boy Simms....

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : May 21, 2007, 06:01:58 PM

Who cares? Garcia is a legit NFL QB, anyone who says otherwise is just a hater. I know you don't want any competition for your boy Simms....
That's not the case at all. I wanted Carr. Garcia is a waste of money and time. By the time all the young players, on this team gel, Garcia will be out of the league. So we'll have a group of battle hardened young guys ready to challenge for the playoffs, and no one to lead them.

BTW, why did the 9ers kick his ass to the curb then?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : May 21, 2007, 06:04:42 PM

BTW, why did the 9ers kick his butt to the curb then?
A little thing called the salary cap.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jeff Garcia Means « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools