Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Want To Add An Indoor Practice Facility « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 29, 2007, 01:22:00 PM

A local columnist with an pretty objective look at most issues - including this one.  His take on the RJ deal was the public got ripped - and that giving billionaires deals on multimillion statium deals is outlandish.

He feels the same about the last 12-15 mill the owners want to get from the Sports Authority.  He does have a point.  And closing the barn door after the animals are out is a pretty accurate metaphor for this one as well. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ABN

Starter
#16 : May 29, 2007, 03:05:43 PM

Daniel Ruth dislikes  football and thinks football fans are crazy. i heard him ranting and raving about both on his Sat am talk show during the draft. Problem is when you have some one so biased they twist the facts. The Bucs are a tremendous financial asset to the Tampa Bay area. I was in a hotel lounge in the middle of winter in Wisc. watching a Buc game and the people went crazy when the blimp showed a arial view of the area and there was 3 foot of snow out side the hotel. You can't buy that kind of advertisement for millions of dollars.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 29, 2007, 03:07:26 PM

It's an opinion column by a columnist who dislikes the Glazers. You didn't put who, but I guarantee it is Daniel Ruth. And he's not a sports writer.
Yeah its Ruth.  Yeah what a smartass.  If this is an issue for the public to debate, then lets get the facts without them being filtered through this guy who obviously has an ax to grind.

What the hell is an apparatchik?

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 29, 2007, 03:11:12 PM

ap·pa·ra·tchik       (ä'pə-rä'chĭk)  Pronunciation Key 
n.   pl. ap·pa·ra·tchiks or ap·pa·ra·tchi·ki (-chĭ-kç)

1) A member of a Communist apparat.
2) An unquestioningly loyal subordinate, especially of a political leader or organization.

[Russian, from apparat, apparat; see apparat.]

Why couldn't he just say "lackey"? 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 29, 2007, 03:15:36 PM

This explains it without the attitude:

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBFXEZQZ1F.html

You have to admit, it is picking nits. An indoor practice facility would be nice, but I'm guessing the spirit of the contract between Tampa and the Bucs was met when the headquarters was built. If it was done and there was $12 million left over, that money should go back to the taxpayers in some fashion.

Yeah that explains it a lot better.   We do need an indoor practice facility. It was surprising that they didn't build one with the current complex.   You gotta wonder whats going on, but thats what we pay for the polititicians to figure out. Hopefully they can do their job.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 29, 2007, 04:00:05 PM

This guy blows and I live in Venice so go ahead and build the biggest GD practice dome in the world. Poetic justice would be if they built the thing across the street from this yahoo's house and it blocked out the sun nine month's out of the year

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 29, 2007, 04:33:00 PM

Build the practice dome for crying out loud. How many practices are interrupted or cancelled in the pre season. Too many. Plus one of these days, someone is going to get electrocuted farting around out there.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

gone

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 29, 2007, 09:06:06 PM

Considering the money we're blowing on Mayor Flake's art fetish, along woth all the other PC crap our $$ go to I'm fine with buying an indoor facility.  Be the first time my tax dollars went to anything I could appreciate myself...

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 30, 2007, 11:22:10 AM

Once the Bucs snookered the locals out of the big money for the stadium this is sort of chump change to be worrying about.

Still, the Bucs claim is that enclosing existing features changes their nature seems a bit odd. "The Bucs have refused to say how a new practice facility built with the $12 million may differ from the one they just built. " Not sure why if they wanted this they just didn't make it part of the initial design - I mean when you slip the ski mask on go ahead and shoot for the moon.

It's funny to me, when people think the Bucs scammed or "snookered" us locals into building thier new stadium....Our stadium cost $380 million....LOOK at these newer MLB and NFL stadiums that are costing thier local tax payers around $800 million+ to construct, most new places are worth more than the teams themselves (UNLIKE ours), but yea our ownership demanded way too much didn't they??.........We now have to think about how long our stadium is going to be considered "State of The Art" and when it will again be time to rebuild to keep up with league demands, coming down to city showcasing and SB's. I'm beggining to think around 2020 we'll be pondering new stadium plans again. Which would make RJS a very old and outdated 22 years.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 30, 2007, 04:47:11 PM

It is not funny to watch 400 million be spent so that a private enterprise will do business in one's city.  To measure the "bargain" one would have to establish the financial benefits provided.  That usually begins with the assumption the money folks spend on and in the stadium would not be spent on other activities or interests.  It ends up telling everyone what great national advertising it does and explains all the visitors that are brought to the town.

Frankly, most of that is bogus imvho. 

So using the savings of more than 400 mill when compared to the current extortion rate is certainly livens ups the conversation. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 31, 2007, 12:23:48 PM

It's an opinion column by a columnist who dislikes the Glazers. You didn't put who, but I guarantee it is Daniel Ruth. And he's not a sports writer.
Most articles about sports, when they are not defined by concrete numbers (I.E. numbers) are entirely editorials.

The guy is a jerk (who wrote this), and he obviously is in need of something to do...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Want To Add An Indoor Practice Facility « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools