Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jeff Garcia Means « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

gone

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 21, 2007, 06:11:45 PM

Jeebus.  Garcia isn't Montanna.  No sh|t.  But he's a whole hell of a lot better than what we've had lately.  The last time we had an overall-competent QB was Brad.  Greise, Simms, Grads, Rattay, none of them is as good as Garcia.  That doesn't mean that Garcia is great, it means that what we've had sucks.  We haven't had decent play from the QB in a looong time.  Griese was the closest, but I would still put Garcia > Griese.

#16 : May 21, 2007, 06:18:38 PM

That's not the case at all. I wanted Carr. Garcia is a waste of money and time. By the time all the young players, on this team gel, Garcia will be out of the league. So we'll have a group of battle hardened young guys ready to challenge for the playoffs, and no one to lead them.

BTW, why did the 9ers kick his butt to the curb then?

Though i like the acquisition of Garcia, i can't argue with this sentiment. Carr would've made me very happy.... Plummer as well. At least there would be the possibility that they'd be here a lil while.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 21, 2007, 06:23:00 PM

Captain, just google Carmella DeCesare (I think I spelled that right). She's a former Playmate of the Year and is Jeff's future wife. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 21, 2007, 07:32:36 PM

Captain, just google Carmella DeCesare (I think I spelled that right). She's a former Playmate of the Year and is Jeff's future wife.

Not future, They were married April 21

And TO said he was gay?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 21, 2007, 07:48:27 PM

DAMN!!!

WaldoBuc

Rookie

#20 : May 21, 2007, 07:50:48 PM

I watched that Colts game again. Man did that game piss me off. Penalties, injuries, defense caved. Grrrrrrr.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 21, 2007, 08:10:03 PM

"What Jeff Garcia Means"

The end of Simms, no question.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#22 : May 21, 2007, 08:49:05 PM

NFL Classics recently re-aried the Monday Night Football game (2003) between The Colts and Bucs. The Bucs had Pittman at RB, Keyshawn and Keenan at WR. But the offense was rolling, hard. The X factor? Brad Johnson. It clearly showed just how effective Gruden can be with a veteren QB.
What did Garcia mean to Detroit and Cleveland?
Don't know. What did he mean to Philly and SF?
Garcia did the exact same thing AJ Feeley did. Came in and managed an already good team. What did Feeley do in Miami?
Who cares? Garcia is a legit NFL QB, anyone who says otherwise is just a hater. I know you don't want any competition for your boy Simms....

A little thing called the salary cap.
That's funny, I thought it was back problems, and Terrell Owens.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 21, 2007, 08:55:54 PM

It shows how awful the Bucs QB situation is when we're jacked about a 57 yr old QB coming to compete. He's not going to vomit all over himself like Simms did this year, dude has too much experience. I like the pick-up and think he'll perform pretty well in this offense compared to the likes of Grads and Simms.

Next year....that's a different story.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 21, 2007, 09:12:51 PM

I like the signing of Garcia. If nothing else, I think it brings a stabilizing influence to the QB spot. Sure he's nothing fancy or flashy, but he's got the experience and skills to be consistent and a positive contributor. Too many negative plays from Simms and Gradkowski last year to stay put at QB.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 21, 2007, 09:52:35 PM

I really think we should trade for TO

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 22, 2007, 10:13:50 AM

I really think we should trade for TO

Good idea, A qb and a DB is good compensation.  Dallas gives us Romo and Williams and we will take TO.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 22, 2007, 10:54:35 AM

Brad couldn't roll out of the pcket and make plays with his feet if somebody was chasing him with a chainsaw.  That is the difference between him and Garcia.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#28 : May 22, 2007, 11:00:53 AM

<brad johnson, imo, had an undisclosed arm injury>

Yea..that was pretty apparent in his last few games with the Buc's. Those out patterns were fluttering
and easy picks...the DB's could have called for a fair catch on some of them.

<In CLE he was outplayed by Kelly Holcomb >  I know quite a few Browns fans (poor saps)..they would
disagree with you.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 22, 2007, 12:42:01 PM

NFL Classics recently re-aried the Monday Night Football game (2003) between The Colts and Bucs. The Bucs had Pittman at RB, Keyshawn and Keenan at WR. But the offense was rolling, hard. The X factor? Brad Johnson. It clearly showed just how effective Gruden can be with a veteren QB.
What did Garcia mean to Detroit and Cleveland?
Don't know. What did he mean to Philly and SF?
Garcia did the exact same thing AJ Feeley did. Came in and managed an already good team. What did Feeley do in Miami?
Who cares? Garcia is a legit NFL QB, anyone who says otherwise is just a hater. I know you don't want any competition for your boy Simms....

A little thing called the salary cap.
That's funny, I thought it was back problems, and Terrell Owens.
Yes, coupled with his contract.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jeff Garcia Means « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools