Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jeff Garcia Means « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#30 : May 22, 2007, 12:52:31 PM

Other than running Brad did everything better than Garcia, Through his career Brad has been a better QB than Garcia and never put up the stinker seasons that Garcia put up with the Lions and Browns. I really think people that think we are going to be a great offense now are dreaming, and are in for a very rude awakening. You must have not watched any Philly games and noticed the amount of time he had, and his go to guy happend to be a HB, I highly doubt Caddy can be a go to guy in the passing game.
37 is old, and we have no great talent on our offense that comes close to T.O. or Westbrook for that matter.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#31 : May 22, 2007, 12:54:29 PM

Other than running Brad did everything better than Garcia, Through his career Brad has been a better QB than Garcia and never put up the stinker seasons that Garcia put up with the Lions and Browns. I really think people that think we are going to be a great offense now are dreaming, and are in for a very rude awakening. You must have not watched any Philly games and noticed the amount of time he had, and his go to guy happend to be a HB, I highly doubt Caddy can be a go to guy in the passing game.
37 is old, and we have no great talent on our offense that comes close to T.O. or Westbrook for that matter.
Are you bitter because Garcia>Simms or are you just an arse?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#32 : May 22, 2007, 01:14:22 PM

So Brad has not been a better QB through his career? Facts state otherwise, but If ignorant bliss makes you feel good, I am happy for you, and I am sure in your deam world Garcia will be our QB for the next 3 or 4 years. When you wake up and realize that he is at best an average QB that is no more than a band-aid. Just don't jump off the Skyway when Garcia falls flat on his 37 year old face...

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 22, 2007, 01:16:36 PM

You really have a talent for being jerk UM.  Quite gifted.  You must be great at children's parties...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 22, 2007, 01:17:05 PM

and never put up the stinker seasons that Garcia put up with the Lions and Browns.

meh, you do realize that nobody plays well in those cities right? Garcia isn't going to be all-pro, he doesn't have to be. All he has to do is run the freak'n offense which is something Simms has an enormous problem with.

I did see Eagle games and actually he didn't have all the time in the world to throw, dude makes much quicker decisions than Simms. He doesn't need 15 seconds to make a decision and throw the ball, like Simms does.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 22, 2007, 01:20:18 PM

So Brad has not been a better QB through his career? Facts state otherwise, but If ignorant bliss makes you feel good, I am happy for you, and I am sure in your deam world Garcia will be our QB for the next 3 or 4 years. When you wake up and realize that he is at best an average QB that is no more than a band-aid. Just don't jump off the Skyway when Garcia falls flat on his 37 year old face...
Even if he is average, he's still better than blondie.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#36 : May 22, 2007, 01:35:29 PM

You really have a talent for being jerk UM. Quite gifted. You must be great at children's parties...

You really have a talent for being jerk UM. Quite gifted. You must be great at children's parties...

Yeah someone calls me names, and I am the jerk for doing the same? I would not know about Childrens parties, but it sounds like you are quite the expert. So you are either a profesional clown or a pervert, I am guessing both.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#37 : May 22, 2007, 01:38:16 PM

You really have a talent for being jerk UM.  Quite gifted.  You must be great at children's parties...

Pot, meet kettle.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#38 : May 22, 2007, 01:44:34 PM

and never put up the stinker seasons that Garcia put up with the Lions and Browns.

meh, you do realize that nobody plays well in those cities right? Garcia isn't going to be all-pro, he doesn't have to be. All he has to do is run the freak'n offense which is something Simms has an enormous problem with.

I did see Eagle games and actually he didn't have all the time in the world to throw, dude makes much quicker decisions than Simms. He doesn't need 15 seconds to make a decision and throw the ball, like Simms does.

LMAO, so the reason Garcia played bad with the Lions and Browns is because no one ever plays well there? I recall no one ever played well with the Saints, or the Bengals,or the pre-Brad Buc's.... this may come as a shock to you, but it took a good QB to make those good teams. Garcia was good when he had T.O. and Westbrook inflated his stats in Philly, and if you watched Philly games and still think our O-line was anywhere near as good as Phillys then you know nothing of football.

Some QB's make their team better, some need a team to make them better, Garcia needs above average talent to put up decent numbers, but I guess some people only see what they want to see and not the fact.

gone

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 22, 2007, 02:14:46 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

Are you talkin to me?

Are YOU talkin to me?

buckit

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 22, 2007, 02:15:16 PM

Yea, Brad Johnson was such a superstar, that he had to play in f***in World League (it's now NFLE to you young'ns) because he couldn't even earn a roster spot in the NFL.  Brad Johnson was a mediocore, but game managing QB.  Without Gruden's coaching, he would NEVER have won a Superbowl.  Is Jeff Garcia the next Joe Montana?  Of course not.  But he is every bit as talented as Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon were when Gruden got a hold of em.  The added bonus with Garcia is that he is a plug and play starter, he already has a deep understanding of the fundamental concepts behind the WCO.  In 05 the Bucs went 11-5 and won their division.  They brought back every single starter, but went 4-12 the following season.  The variable:  QB play.  Not only did they lose their starting QB, but if Simms was already showing signs of regressing.  This team is a solid, good football team.  Now that the pass rush, LB position and QB positions are bolstered, there is no reason to expect any less than playoff contention.  Jeff Garcia=Wins.  Simple as that.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#41 : May 22, 2007, 02:54:51 PM

Yea, Brad Johnson was such a superstar, that he had to play in f***in World League (it's now NFLE to you young'ns) because he couldn't even earn a roster spot in the NFL.  Brad Johnson was a mediocore, but game managing QB.  Without Gruden's coaching, he would NEVER have won a Superbowl.  Is Jeff Garcia the next Joe Montana?  Of course not.  But he is every bit as talented as Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon were when Gruden got a hold of em.  The added bonus with Garcia is that he is a plug and play starter, he already has a deep understanding of the fundamental concepts behind the WCO.  In 05 the Bucs went 11-5 and won their division.  They brought back every single starter, but went 4-12 the following season.  The variable:  QB play.  Not only did they lose their starting QB, but if Simms was already showing signs of regressing.  This team is a solid, good football team.  Now that the pass rush, LB position and QB positions are bolstered, there is no reason to expect any less than playoff contention. Jeff Garcia=Wins. Simple as that.

Hey clown, did you happen to notice that Garcia played in the "f***in" CFL and could not get on an NFL Roster until he was 29or years OLD!!!!, so don't bust on brad when your boy was not exactly a first round pick his damn self. Brad was one of the most acurate passers in the NFL before Gruden was even a HC, he has always been in the 60%'s other than his first season when he was 59%.
What a jack@ss, to use the argument that Brad didn't come right into the NFL, when the fact is neither is the guy who is the answer to your dreams. So you can go Buck yourself.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 22, 2007, 03:16:54 PM

LMAO, so the reason Garcia played bad with the Lions and Browns is because no one ever plays well there?
Some QB's make their team better, some need a team to make them better, Garcia needs above average talent to put up decent numbers, but I guess some people only see what they want to see and not the fact.

Not the only reason but it's safe to assume that he had awful talent and coaching around him at those stops. Therefore judging his career on those couple of years isn't really fair, IMO of course.

The 49ers didn't have supreme talent around them like you're suggesting. Do you honestly think the Eagles had supreme talent on offense? Are you kidding me? Dante freak'n Stallworth, LJ Smith, etc? You obviously didn't watch any Eagles games because Garcia was running for his life last year. He got pounded in that Carolina Monday night game for 1 instance. The Giant game he was running all over the place, you act like he was just posting up with loads of time to throw the pill.

Look UM I'm not saying Garcia is going to be an all-pro here, I'm saying he'll do enough to make this offense run the way it's supposed to, that's it. This team just needs to have a solid QB, not one that vomits all over the place on Sundays.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#43 : May 22, 2007, 03:20:00 PM

Westbrook = 1,217 rushung yards @ 5.1 average
                        699 recieving yards 9.1 average

Owens = 1999 - 744 yards @ 12.6 average  4 TD's
               2000 - 1,451 yards @ 15.0 average 13 TD's
               2001 - 1.412 yards @ 15.2 average 16 TD's
               2002 - 1,300 yards @ 13.0 average 13 TD's
               2003 - 1,100 yards @ 13.8 average 9 TD's

That is not even counting Jerry rice in 1999 and 2000

who exactly did Brad have that puts up those numbers?

So forgive me for not thinking a 37 year old that has shown he only plays good when he had top talent (which we don't have) is the answer to solve our QB issues....

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#44 : May 22, 2007, 03:34:13 PM

LMAO, so the reason Garcia played bad with the Lions and Browns is because no one ever plays well there?

Not the only reason but it's safe to assume that he had awful talent and coaching around him at those stops. Therefore judging his career on those couple of years isn't really fair, IMO of course.

The 49ers didn't have supreme talent around them like you're suggesting. Do you honestly think the Eagles had supreme talent on offense? Are you kidding me? Dante freak'n Stallworth, LJ Smith, etc? You obviously didn't watch any Eagles games because Garcia was running for his life last year. He got pounded in that Carolina Monday night game for 1 instance. The Giant game he was running all over the place, you act like he was just posting up with loads of time to throw the pill.

Look UM I'm not saying Garcia is going to be an all-pro here, I'm saying he'll do enough to make this offense run the way it's supposed to, that's it. This team just needs to have a solid QB, not one that vomits all over the place on Sundays.

I don't think the Eagles has the most talent, but their O-line was much better than ours, and our HB ran for under 800 yards, and caught for less than 200 yards. While the Eagles ran for 1,200 yards and caught almost 700 yards, and  even in our 11-5 season where Caddys shoes ended up in the HOF, he got just over 1,100 yards and didn't even catch for 100 yards.

To me that clearly shows that the talent Garcia had around him last season was far better than Simms or Grad's had.
If you look back at Detroit and even the Browns the players he had were much closer to the talent we had.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Jeff Garcia Means « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools